Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

em5photog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Colorado
Here are a couple pictures of my best skin ever BSE on my new iphone . I added a review here and some tips Updated Review
2748146028_4e381a1966.jpg

2748148260_d31f7a287c.jpg

2748147914_b0f4d3dbb9_b.jpg

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Nice!!! What happened to the 2 piece back? Corners look great. My BG corners are looking terrible and accumulating dust!

em5photog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Colorado
they have the option now for a 1 piece back which is what i ordered was not to bad to install

J*man

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Looks good. Is there any way to avoid the orange peel effect or is it just the texture of the skin?

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Thanks for the pics.
Props to Bestskinsever.
They sent me a 2 piece back with my original order and then they just sent me a 1 piece for free!

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
they have the option now for a 1 piece back which is what i ordered was not to bad to install

looks great! do you mind uploading a pic of the side view (so we can see what the coverage around the volume rocker button and the vibrate button is like)?

i have a NLU bodyguardz and it was HARD to get the corners down (i spent over 5 hours getting the back on)

it seems like the BSE have a much simplified way to cover the corners. (the diagonal slits is a great idea

ssaito0527

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Awesome job! Do you have any special instructions to share on applying the back film? I just placed an order for two sets of the back film.

Best regards,
Sean

stevin

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
looks great! do you mind uploading a pic of the side view (so we can see what the coverage around the volume rocker button and the vibrate button is like)?

i have a NLU bodyguardz and it was HARD to get the corners down (i spent over 5 hours getting the back on)

it seems like the BSE have a much simplified way to cover the corners. (the diagonal slits is a great idea

Until a picture gets uploaded I'll just tell you that the cutout for the volume and vibrate button is almost perfect. The volume button honestly couldn't be cut any better (thats actually what I used to line up)... The corners are still a pain on the BSE but from what I hear they might be a bit easier then Bodyguardz... My last BSE application took under 45 min and I'm pretty content with the way it turned out. Only suggestion is GET IT WET!

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
I suffered because I thought doing it in the shower with hot water would make it wet enough.. even though i added a few drops to the back piece mine doesn't look nearly as good as the op. I have white so that might also contribute to it.

anyways, it's definently a worthwhile investment with a case.

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I suffered because I thought doing it in the shower with hot water would make it wet enough.. even though i added a few drops to the back piece mine doesn't look nearly as good as the op. I have white so that might also contribute to it.

anyways, it's definently a worthwhile investment with a case.

??? Don't use hot water to apply the skin as hot water evaporates too fast and the skin would start to stick before you get a chance to position it properly.

em5photog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Colorado
Best tip is not to spray water on the skin it is better to dunk it in the solution 10oz water and tiny drop soap and then shake it off.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I just put my second...neh...third BSE on the back of my black 3g.

1st was the 2 piece and the seam was just annoying to me.

2nd had to come off in order to fit in my Griffin Elan Form case.

3rd went back on because I decided no case, no extra bulk.

I also dunk mine right in the water, the more water the easier it is to go on without a mess of little bubbles.

I truley believe that BSE is the best skin available due to price and coverage/ease of install.

Also regarding the corners. Get your skin aligned as best you can, try and get the corners down a little then walk away for a bit. Don't sit there and try to get them to stay if they aren't staying down. After a little while of dry time they stick right down no problem.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Is that the 'easy dock' version?

Is it such a tight fit that it won't accomodate a 'skinned' iPhone 3G?

Yup, that's the one. I tried to put it in and it literally tore the skin right off, and locked my phone in to where I had to bend the case to get it off. It was not fun.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Yup, that's the one. I tried to put it in and it literally tore the skin right off, and locked my phone in to where I had to bend the case to get it off. It was not fun.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I'm glad I saw your post because I've just ordered one of those cases and I was going to put a BSE on as well. Time for a re-think!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
NP, glad I could help.

As much as I really liked that case I decided I just liked the phone naked too much, so now I just use the skin. It's too bad that best of both worlds wasn't possible with it.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
nice work, mine didn't come out looking like that at all....

i used the 2 piece back and ripped it off after a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.