PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my best skins ever on black iPhone 3g

em5photog
Aug 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
Here are a couple pictures of my best skin ever BSE on my new iphone . I added a review here and some tips Updated Review (http://twimn.info/?p=6[/URL] Updated review after six months use plus pictures of skin after 3 months. [URL="http://twimn.info/?p=56)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/2748146028_4e381a1966.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3235/2748148260_d31f7a287c.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/2748147914_b0f4d3dbb9_b.jpg

ASN21
Aug 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
pretty good job, where are the pictures for the front?

em5photog
Aug 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
I only put the back on i am using a anti glare screen protector on the front

cheapa55
Aug 10, 2008, 01:00 AM
Nice!!! What happened to the 2 piece back? Corners look great. My BG corners are looking terrible and accumulating dust!

em5photog
Aug 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
they have the option now for a 1 piece back which is what i ordered was not to bad to install

Insulin Junkie
Aug 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
It looks good *nods*

pflau
Aug 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
Looks great except the orange peels seem excessive...

Insulin Junkie
Aug 10, 2008, 02:59 PM

I think it makes a nice pattern.. :)

J*man
Aug 10, 2008, 03:07 PM
Looks good. Is there any way to avoid the orange peel effect or is it just the texture of the skin?

wadejc85
Aug 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
That looks great!

Looks good. Is there any way to avoid the orange peel effect or is it just the texture of the skin?

:rolleyes:

It's a skin............

The phone won't look like it doesn't have a skin. ;)

offcamber
Aug 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the pics.
Props to Bestskinsever.
They sent me a 2 piece back with my original order and then they just sent me a 1 piece for free!

uicandrew
Aug 10, 2008, 04:30 PM
they have the option now for a 1 piece back which is what i ordered was not to bad to install

looks great! do you mind uploading a pic of the side view (so we can see what the coverage around the volume rocker button and the vibrate button is like)?

i have a NLU bodyguardz and it was HARD to get the corners down (i spent over 5 hours getting the back on)

it seems like the BSE have a much simplified way to cover the corners. (the diagonal slits is a great idea

youtube
Aug 10, 2008, 06:05 PM
Very Sexy! Can't wait for my BSE 1pc back to come in.

ssaito0527
Aug 10, 2008, 06:29 PM
Awesome job! Do you have any special instructions to share on applying the back film? I just placed an order for two sets of the back film.

Best regards,
Sean

stevin
Aug 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
looks great! do you mind uploading a pic of the side view (so we can see what the coverage around the volume rocker button and the vibrate button is like)?

i have a NLU bodyguardz and it was HARD to get the corners down (i spent over 5 hours getting the back on)

it seems like the BSE have a much simplified way to cover the corners. (the diagonal slits is a great idea

Until a picture gets uploaded I'll just tell you that the cutout for the volume and vibrate button is almost perfect. The volume button honestly couldn't be cut any better (thats actually what I used to line up)... The corners are still a pain on the BSE but from what I hear they might be a bit easier then Bodyguardz... My last BSE application took under 45 min and I'm pretty content with the way it turned out. Only suggestion is GET IT WET!

blueprint1983
Aug 11, 2008, 12:30 AM
I suffered because I thought doing it in the shower with hot water would make it wet enough.. even though i added a few drops to the back piece mine doesn't look nearly as good as the op. I have white so that might also contribute to it.

anyways, it's definently a worthwhile investment with a case.

pflau
Aug 11, 2008, 12:49 AM
I suffered because I thought doing it in the shower with hot water would make it wet enough.. even though i added a few drops to the back piece mine doesn't look nearly as good as the op. I have white so that might also contribute to it.

anyways, it's definently a worthwhile investment with a case.

??? Don't use hot water to apply the skin as hot water evaporates too fast and the skin would start to stick before you get a chance to position it properly.

em5photog
Aug 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
Best tip is not to spray water on the skin it is better to dunk it in the solution 10oz water and tiny drop soap and then shake it off.

em5photog
Aug 12, 2008, 02:00 PM
I added a review here and some tips BSE review (http://twimn.wordpress.com/)

Ferris23
Aug 12, 2008, 02:27 PM
I just put my second...neh...third BSE on the back of my black 3g.

1st was the 2 piece and the seam was just annoying to me.

2nd had to come off in order to fit in my Griffin Elan Form case.

3rd went back on because I decided no case, no extra bulk.

I also dunk mine right in the water, the more water the easier it is to go on without a mess of little bubbles.

I truley believe that BSE is the best skin available due to price and coverage/ease of install.

Also regarding the corners. Get your skin aligned as best you can, try and get the corners down a little then walk away for a bit. Don't sit there and try to get them to stay if they aren't staying down. After a little while of dry time they stick right down no problem.

CD3660
Aug 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
2nd had to come off in order to fit in my Griffin Elan Form case.

Is that the 'easy dock' version?

Is it such a tight fit that it won't accomodate a 'skinned' iPhone 3G?

Ferris23
Aug 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
Is that the 'easy dock' version?

Is it such a tight fit that it won't accomodate a 'skinned' iPhone 3G?

Yup, that's the one. I tried to put it in and it literally tore the skin right off, and locked my phone in to where I had to bend the case to get it off. It was not fun.

CD3660
Aug 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
Yup, that's the one. I tried to put it in and it literally tore the skin right off, and locked my phone in to where I had to bend the case to get it off. It was not fun.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I'm glad I saw your post because I've just ordered one of those cases and I was going to put a BSE on as well. Time for a re-think!

Ferris23
Aug 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
NP, glad I could help.

As much as I really liked that case I decided I just liked the phone naked too much, so now I just use the skin. It's too bad that best of both worlds wasn't possible with it.

brn2ski00
Aug 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
nice work, mine didn't come out looking like that at all....

i used the 2 piece back and ripped it off after a day.

CD3660
Aug 14, 2008, 12:33 PM
NP, glad I could help.

As much as I really liked that case I decided I just liked the phone naked too much, so now I just use the skin. It's too bad that best of both worlds wasn't possible with it.

I know what you mean.

I love the iPhone naked but can't relax without the protection of a skin. Yet there are times when a case is handy too. What a pity that you can't use these two together!

Ferris23
Aug 14, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah I'm a little paranoid too, I actually do use a silicone case when I plan on being out for a while. I actually thought about sanding the Griffin case down a bit inside but thought it was too much work and would most likely end up botched.

Ahh well...

findnemo
Aug 14, 2008, 08:47 PM
Nice camera!

em5photog
Aug 17, 2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks I like the camera . Skin is still looking good corners are still down no yellowing.

CD3660
Aug 18, 2008, 03:29 AM
Excellent job, superb photos, and great review. Many thanks!

Got one on mine now ((having taken off an Invisible Shield) with a Power Support Crystal Film screen protector, and the combination looks perfect!

Ryanhdd
Aug 18, 2008, 06:47 PM
Excellent job, superb photos, and great review. Many thanks!

Got one on mine now ((having taken off an Invisible Shield) with a Power Support Crystal Film screen protector, and the combination looks perfect!

This is what i am thinking about doing. Please let me know how this combo works out for you. I have invisishield and do not like it.

CD3660
Aug 18, 2008, 06:58 PM
This is what i am thinking about doing. Please let me know how this combo works out for you. I have invisishield and do not like it.

The BSE is a far better fit than the Invisible Shield.

After 56 hours, all looks very good indeed!

em5photog
Sep 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
just an update after a month of use putting it my pocket no other case on it. It is holding up very well no yellowing and no visible scratches . I am very happy with the BSE so far

bwfc0907
Oct 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
just an update after a month of use putting it my pocket no other case on it. It is holding up very well no yellowing and no visible scratches . I am very happy with the BSE so far

Great review, many thanks.

I applied mine yesterday, seems to have pockets of water will these evaporate and it stick down or is it time to order another one? Did you push out the water from under it or just let it evaporate over time. How long before it looked that good?

ZachsMacDaddy
Oct 2, 2008, 01:12 PM
That looks great. I had a BSE on my previous 60GB ipod. I have yet to apply my BSE to my ipod touch (v1), mostly because of the lack of time to do it right.

I don't find the orange peel look bad at all. The best thing about the BSE other than the protection is gives is the semi-non-skid feel it gives the device. I felt safer knowing that my ipod was not going to slide all over in my car or on my desk if things shifted a little.

My corners stayed put for 2 years on the old ipod. It looked the same when I sold it as it did the first day I applied the BSE.

richxps
Oct 2, 2008, 01:24 PM
i have the full skin as well and found that the colors case fits around it very well when needed.

Namikaze
Oct 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
for the solution would dish washing soap work

CD3660
Oct 6, 2008, 06:59 PM
for the solution would dish washing soap work
You'd be better off using a couple of drops of baby shampoo. Some dishwashing liquids can be a bit harsh. :)

Namikaze
Oct 6, 2008, 09:02 PM
You'd be better off using a couple of drops of baby shampoo. Some dishwashing liquids can be a bit harsh. :)

What about hair shampoo? Or body shampoo?

dauerhippo
Oct 8, 2008, 01:40 AM
FYI, when I applied it with dishwashing soap, it started yellowing within a week. When I used a milder hand-soap, no yellowing at all. This is with BSE.

brn2ski00
Oct 8, 2008, 07:36 AM
I used handsoap -- SoftSoap brand.

Namikaze
Oct 8, 2008, 05:26 PM
hand soap as in a bar of soap?

dauerhippo
Oct 8, 2008, 06:31 PM
I used that liquid handsoap "method" something or other. Worked really well.

em5photog
Feb 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
bump for updated review after six months use
updated review (http://twimn.info/?p=56)

CD3660
Feb 8, 2009, 04:20 AM
bump for updated review after six months use
updated review (http://twimn.wordpress.com)

My findings have been similar: The BSE does the job of keeping scratches at bay, but needs replacing about once every three months to maintain an immaculate look. At least they are cheap.

I'm going to try an Invisible Shield next time as an experiment to see whether the same 'edge-peeling' problem exists. That would be expensive!

em5photog
Mar 2, 2009, 08:57 PM
I bet they will have the same problems with the edges and your right that would be expensive although zagg does have a lifetime warranty

zdblue11
Nov 6, 2009, 04:36 PM
some great looking photos there :D great job