PDA

View Full Version : Blackbook peeling issue

owner132
Aug 11, 2008, 10:50 PM
Does the new black macbook still suffer from the peeling issues? Or is this a very rare problem? I am getting mine on fridayand would like to know the best way to prevent it from flaking. Thanks a lot.

My first post also. Great to be on the forums!

NotFound
Aug 11, 2008, 10:53 PM
Haven't heard or seen of these issues before... :confused:

orangeillini14
Aug 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
Never heard of it... have any pictures or something?

iToaster
Aug 11, 2008, 11:01 PM
What the OP is referring to is how the black paint on the MacBook sometimes flakes off revealing the shiny black MacBook that it actually is. As far as I know, this is an issue caused by wear and tear on the computer, so as long as you're careful with it there should be no problem.

owner132
Aug 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
I'll explain. The casing has a coating that has been known to peel off. Seeing you guys haven't heard of it makes me feel better already. I have heard that it is only a rare problem.

I always treat my hadware with respect so I guess I should have no problems. Are there any other issues so there are no surprises?

CarlsonCustoms
Aug 12, 2008, 09:03 AM
I put a bestskinsever.com skin on my macbook the day I got it over a year ago and its still perfect. I didnt like the dull look of the blackbook and how it showed fingerprints easily. with the glossy film its been great.

t22design
Aug 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
My Blackbook had some peeling around the battery from day 1.

I didn't mind it too much as it was pretty small. When the palm rest cracked I mentioned it to the 'Genius' at a local Apple store, and he arranged for the bottom tray to be swapped at no cost. *It was still within warranty.

owner132
Aug 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
I put a bestskinsever.com skin on my macbook the day I got it over a year ago and its still perfect. I didnt like the dull look of the blackbook and how it showed fingerprints easily. with the glossy film its been great.

How hard is it to apply the skin? Are air bubbles easy to remove?

alphaod
Aug 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
How hard is it to apply the skin? Are air bubbles easy to remove?

If you use a lot of the spray and squeegee the spray out, there won't be any bubbles.

And first time, takes a few hours. Subsequent applications are quick.