PDA

View Full Version : Windows to Mac and back

sublimepolyeste
Aug 26, 2008, 11:35 AM
I have an ipod classic (80gig) which I just purchased and formatted for Windows.
At home I work on a Windows XP formatted machine, but at work I work on an imac G5 (Mac OS X 10.4.11). I have had an ipod before and could access it from both machines. Is there anyway I can set it up to be recognized on both machines?
Thanks.:)

nomar383
Aug 26, 2008, 11:38 AM
It should work for both if it is formatted under windows

sublimepolyeste
Aug 26, 2008, 11:40 AM
Should I reformat it again?

nomar383
Aug 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
If it is formatted for Windows leave it. If not, format it again under Windows

sublimepolyeste
Aug 27, 2008, 07:53 AM
If it is formatted for Windows leave it. If not, format it again under Windows

Ok so I went home and reformatted for windows (even though it was already), but still nothing when I try to plug it into the mac. It only charges.
Any other ideas?
thanks

nomar383
Aug 27, 2008, 08:00 AM
Ok so I went home and reformatted for windows (even though it was already), but still nothing when I try to plug it into the mac. It only charges.
Any other ideas?
thanks

Weird... Did you do a "restore" under windows?

sublimepolyeste
Aug 27, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, but actually I think I just solved the problem-I was using a firewire and today I brought in my USB wire and swapped that out and now it seems to be working. Weird.
Thanks for your help.

nomar383
Aug 27, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yes, but actually I think I just solved the problem-I was using a firewire and today I brought in my USB wire and swapped that out and now it seems to be working. Weird.
Thanks for your help.

The iPod classic should only charge via FireWire, even under Windows. Not sure why it let you do anything extra