Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Anyone know which font and key combo I need to type the 'command' symbol? (The symbol on the Apple key)

I've gon through every key combo and every font in Key Caps, but I can't find it! I know it's there... I've used it before.

And does anyone know of a little app like Key Caps, but for OS X?

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Thank you kind Sir!

Heh... X comes with Key Caps... would you look at that! :D

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
hey Beej ive seen a lot of people make that mistake, so dont worry bout it (i must have gotten close to 100 emails suggesting that i add the need for key caps in my osx bug list!). and if you open up keycaps you will see the

key combo that will make an apple for you. lets take a look here... option-shift-k. but remember peecee users wont be able to see it. it will just be a big square .

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by Beej
Thank you kind Sir!

heh. thats the first time I've been called 'kind sir'.. hahaha. well, you're very welcome.

I had trouble finding Key Caps first too... so after about 10 minutes of thorough searching, i gave up and i decided I would have to use the stupid Sherlock. and after another 5 minutes Sherlock chugged away, and *wham* there it was, right in the Utilities folder... its depressing.

irmongoose

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
hey Beej ive seen a lot of people make that mistake, so dont worry bout it (i must have gotten close to 100 emails suggesting that i add the need for key caps in my osx bug list!). and if you open up keycaps you will see the

key combo that will make an apple for you. lets take a look here... option-shift-k. but remember peecee users wont be able to see it. it will just be a big square .

i see a square and im using a G3. prolly because the character got translated during the post

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
hmm i was always looking for that a year ago at school :S lol
has anyone noticed that the windows logo is included in the font (one of the letters is the windows logo on web dings or wing dings or one of those fonts :S)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.