PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Windows install stuck on setup

Orgetorix
Aug 30, 2008, 11:07 AM
Hello, I am attempting to install Windows XP on my Macbook using Bootcamp. I can create a partition successfully (32 GB) and when I restart it to install Windows it begins setup. However when it reaches the point "Setup is Starting Windows" it remains there and does not move forward. I am trying to install Windows Home Edition w/ SP2.

I have read that this can be caused by having USB devices connected, but I have tried it with nothing connected so I don't think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Abernathy
Aug 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hello, I am attempting to install Windows XP on my Macbook using Bootcamp. I can create a partition successfully (32 GB) and when I restart it to install Windows it begins setup. However when it reaches the point "Setup is Starting Windows" it remains there and does not move forward. I am trying to install Windows Home Edition w/ SP2.

I have read that this can be caused by having USB devices connected, but I have tried it with nothing connected so I don't think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I'm having the same issue. I've been searching the forums here and at Apple Support for a couple hours this morning but have found no solutions.

Orgetorix
Aug 30, 2008, 05:39 PM
Someone else with the same problem reset their SCM and their NVRAM/PRAM, which solved their problem. This has not worked for me but maybe it will work for you.
SCM reset:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1543?viewlocale=en_US
NV/PRAM reset:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Edit: I have not been able to find anything that works after many hours of searching. If anyone has run into a similar problem and solved it please let me now how you did so.

Orgetorix
Sep 2, 2008, 10:34 PM
SOLVED!!

I deleted OSX and reinstalled it, and then installed Windows normally successfully! I would reccomend this to anyone with the same problem.