Bootcamp Windows install stuck on setup

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Orgetorix, Aug 30, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2008
    Hello, I am attempting to install Windows XP on my Macbook using Bootcamp. I can create a partition successfully (32 GB) and when I restart it to install Windows it begins setup. However when it reaches the point "Setup is Starting Windows" it remains there and does not move forward. I am trying to install Windows Home Edition w/ SP2.

I have read that this can be caused by having USB devices connected, but I have tried it with nothing connected so I don't think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
  2. macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm having the same issue. I've been searching the forums here and at Apple Support for a couple hours this morning but have found no solutions.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2008
    Someone else with the same problem reset their SCM and their NVRAM/PRAM, which solved their problem. This has not worked for me but maybe it will work for you.
    SCM reset:
    NV/PRAM reset:

Edit: I have not been able to find anything that works after many hours of searching. If anyone has run into a similar problem and solved it please let me now how you did so.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2008

I deleted OSX and reinstalled it, and then installed Windows normally successfully! I would reccomend this to anyone with the same problem.