Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyiamurri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
I just received my 15" Powerbook today! But, unfortunately, there seems to be a single pixel that is bright pink/fuschia colored. It's noticable whenever I'm using something with a dark background. There's only 1 pixel that's doing it! Is there any way I can fix this? Or is it a hardware problem? Thanks and let me know!

-Tony

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
That's a stuck pixel. Try gently rubbing it. Sometimes that makes it work properly again. Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover this, so if you can't get it working, you'll just have to live with it.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
It's under a few stuck on/dark pixels, they'll most likely say. "that the pixel anomalies are within specifications, and no repair is necessary."

tonyiamurri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
Did you only have a couple pixels out? I only have like 2, and I spoke with a support rep and they said they couldn't because it was in spec. I will definitely make some noise and tell them to if they'll give in though. Any advice?

-Tony

johnnowak

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2003
New York, New York
My 15" came with one stuck on cyan. Rubbing it fixed the problem. It came back in an hour. I did it again, and its been gone for about a week now. Rub lightly in a circular way.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
My iMac 17inch had that problem. Took it back to PC world - they replaced it the next day and delivered to my house. They know bugger all about macs but their service is good.

Make a noise - don't take a no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.