Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Murphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
MacBook Pro
2 Ghz Intel core duo.
2 GB memory.
ATY, RadeonX1600, 128MB.

Windows XP under boot camp.

Thanks for your answers.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Using my ability to find and read system requirements I'm going to say yes you can run it.

Don't expect crazy high settings but you meet the minimum GPU requirements.

Captain Murphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Using my ability to find and read system requirements I'm going to say yes you can run it.

Don't expect crazy high settings but you meet the minimum GPU requirements.

Thanks, I was wondering mostly about the graphics card. I wasn't sure it it would work with it. I know I won't be on the high-end in game graphics scale, but that doesn't bother me.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
i actually just built my buddy a brand new machine just so he could play this game

Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53ghz
3gb 1066mhz ram
Radeon 4850

it rox:D

kahine

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks, I was wondering mostly about the graphics card. I wasn't sure it it would work with it. I know I won't be on the high-end in game graphics scale, but that doesn't bother me.

It'll run but you'll have to turn the detail way down - the gpu will get hit hard during RvR with the spell effects going off -

If you don't mind turning settings way down should be ok ,

Jonesy85

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
Instead of starting a whole new thread for my simple little question, I'll just ask it here instead.

How well do the current, best Macbook Pro's run this game? Does anyone have any experience with this game? I know it'll run it, but can all the settings be on high? As long as I'm getting over 30fps I'd be happy.

kahine

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Instead of starting a whole new thread for my simple little question, I'll just ask it here instead.

How well do the current, best Macbook Pro's run this game? Does anyone have any experience with this game? I know it'll run it, but can all the settings be on high? As long as I'm getting over 30fps I'd be happy.

If you mean the current 8600m with 256 , I have Mac Pro with 128 and it chokes some with lots of players on screen in RvR battles,

You should be able to run it ok but even with 256 you're not going to be able to put all the settings on high , my ATI 4870 PC rig handles that fine but it can even choke the 3870 in my Mac Pro at times with all the spell effects

So you'll need to tweak the settings some and not have them bumped to high on everything

Ned.Holmes

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Did it work?

Hi
Just wondering captain murphy if warhammer online did work on your mac?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.