PDA

View Full Version : Future Of Music

thouts
Sep 5, 2008, 08:28 AM
So listen - I don't know how long this pandora.com music service has been around - but I love it and I think it is the future of music. Personally, I wish I could take this service with me wherever I was. I know that there is an iPhone app for it - don't have an iPhone though. I mean i'd love to have it in the car/house/boat/wherever.

I feel like the thing is inside my head (scary) it knows everything I want to hear. So what do you people think? Is this the future of music? To connect to a site like this from wherever you are...no subscription...but you can buy a song or an album from wherever you are and it stores it to a server or something...and later you can download your music to any device you want (i'm rambling)

Ideas anyone?

soberbrain
Sep 5, 2008, 09:13 AM
Pandora's future is still in question.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/18/AR2008081801525.html

However, I agree that the future of media (not just music) will be in cloud computing. With high speed internet access being more widely available (and wireless), there will come a point when the focus will shift from the storage amount on a device to it's capability of sustaining high speed internet access.

It's the same structure as listening to the radio and hearing a song you like and then buying the single or album of that artist in a store. But faster so customers get the product they want faster and companies get money faster with more frequent opportunities for customers' impulse buying.