Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomabarker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
The Smoke
Any rumours on new Apple displays??? I’m thinking of buying a G5 when the new models are announced at the end of the month and would like to buy the latest display at the same time. Anyone know what's in the pipeline at Apple???

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
There have been many rumors floating around lately about updates to the G5's and LCDs.....there is a good possibility of something coming out on the 20th - Tuesday :D

D

agn

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2004
I sure hope so.... :rolleyes:

it strikes me as an oddity, that Apple has the best swivel stand in the industry, the "neck" of the iMac, and their displays are in the same form factor of 4 years ago (or more), bland, lifeless and most of all static!
A picture frame in our desk...

we (Apple needs...) need the concept of the iMac neck as a basis for a range of displays, perhaps in a brushed metal kinda way. that would be a attention grabber in the shops, and could attract more people to consider and buy Apple products (like iTunes and the HP iPod do....) and get the "feel" of the brand.

Why this hasn't been done before is puzzling...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.