Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyen1

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
I would be interested to know if the shake feature is something you can turn off. Otherwise what happens when you jog (or dance like those silhouettes in the ads...hehe).

I would also be interested to read about how many people accidently throw their nanos out of their hands (like the wii-mote). :D

I wish Apple would allow you to turn off the accelerometer in the iPhone and iPod touch. It annoys me to no end.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
The shake only works if the screen is active and the nano is not on hold and you havent turned the feature off from the settings menu!

P.S.: I wonder how Apple bypassed all of Sony's patents.... they have this in their Walkmen (lol) since years!

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Yes you can turn it off completely through the menu. I think it's a bit of a gimmick to be honest, but if it never activates accidentally I might just leave it on in case I ever want it.

...but you'd look like a bit of a twit shaking your iPod like crazy when you are walking down the street :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.