PDA

View Full Version : Unboxing of the 2g iPod touch and the 4g iPod nano.

WordLife565
Sep 9, 2008, 09:09 PM
Courtesy of slashgear

2g iPod touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa8U7RSdqDs

4g iPod nano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_pNfb1lfc

JWest
Sep 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
That sticker on the front of the new ipod touch is so... un-Apple-y.

I'm fine with the nano packaging, but that box just doesn't work for the touch.

WordLife565
Sep 9, 2008, 09:40 PM
yeah, i'm fine with it though, I preordered mine, it should be coming in like 3 days or so.

Cask
Sep 9, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah that box was fine for the cheap iPods, but it makes the iPod touch look cheap when it certainly isn't

majordude
Sep 9, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wow, that iTouch is really thin... and that Nano looks slick! I think that they have two winners here!

(What is that black thing on the back of the iTouch?)

Kace
Sep 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, that iTouch is really thin... and that Nano looks slick! I think that they have two winners here!

(What is that black thing on the back of the iTouch?)

its a plastic cover for the Wi-Fi receiver. Like the original touch.

I gotta say, well done. They do have 2 winners here. iTunes 8 is great. I have had no more issues. Now just waiting for the 2.1 for the iPhone.

vanhanz
Sep 10, 2008, 12:27 AM
So has anyone heard of when these iPod Touches are going to be available at the B&M stores? I have a $400 gift certificate to Microcenter and the Mac guy seemed clueless as to when it was going to be released when I called them today.

I told them that it was supposed to be available today and the guy seemed confused. Maybe I'm confused :confused:

Clayne
Sep 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
its a plastic cover for the Wi-Fi receiver. Like the original touch.

Yeah, except rounded and more sleek looking. I think.

WordLife565
Sep 10, 2008, 04:44 AM
So has anyone heard of when these iPod Touches are going to be available at the B&M stores? I have a $400 gift certificate to Microcenter and the Mac guy seemed clueless as to when it was going to be released when I called them today.

I told them that it was supposed to be available today and the guy seemed confused. Maybe I'm confused :confused:

it will be available at retail stores in a few days. They just started shipping them from the warehouses yesterday, that's actually what Steve Jobs meant when he said they were available.

neiltc13
Sep 10, 2008, 06:35 AM
The silver iPod nano is one of the worst looking MP3 players ever made.