PDA

View Full Version : Okay, here we go... the 'wich ipod nano thread' :)

roisin and mac
Sep 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, it looks like there isn't a thread like this on macrumors as yet, unless I missed it, so I thought I'd go first :D

Anyway, the new ipods are FINALLY here (I know, that's all news to y'all, lol), and after about three+ months of waiting, I am finally going to get myself a new music player like I've needed for a long time.

I'm sure it will be an ipod nano, but I just don;t know whether I should go for the older version, which I like for various reasons including the plesingly squat shape, or the new one, which is, well, new (need I say more?)

I suppose I could wait 'til they are both in the stores where I am and try them side by side, but I worry I won't be able to find any more of the 3G ones if I do that, and what if it turns out I like those better? Decisions, decisions!

So I thought I'd post a thread here and get some ideas on what you think of the two little guys side by side!

jesusplay
Sep 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
personally i hate the long body because it doesn't really feel "nano".

i like the 3G version because it is actually a nano ipod.......i loved it..

but sad to say when ever apple updates the nanos i see my current one....

well its on ebay now and my 16GB black nano will be here on the 12 -16...i did overnight shipping..im so excited!!!

but i miss my Black 3G nano......

ucfgrad93
Sep 10, 2008, 11:30 AM
I personally prefer the longer nanos. I didn't care for the "fatty" 3G nano. Plus the newer ones come in 16GB, so I'd say go for the 4th gen. nano.

TheSpaz
Sep 10, 2008, 12:34 PM
What's a "wich"?

roisin and mac
Sep 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
personally i hate the long body because it doesn't really feel "nano".

i like the 3G version because it is actually a nano ipod.......i loved it..

but sad to say when ever apple updates the nanos i see my current one....

well its on ebay now and my 16GB black nano will be here on the 12 -16...i did overnight shipping..im so excited!!!

but i miss my Black 3G nano......

Good for you!!! Make sure you take unboxing pictures; I never took them with my macbook and I really regret it, so I'm always telling people to do that, but I definitely will with the ipod! And you're right, the square one does feel very nano-ish (dwarf-like). I'm also not sure I like the shakey feature, although you might be able to keep that disabled? I used to have it in this really fancy phone with a built-in music player I got a few months ago, which I hated because in spite f being so expensive, the music player part was really just a gimmick; so that may be why I feel so negative about it.

I personally prefer the longer nanos. I didn't care for the "fatty" 3G nano. Plus the newer ones come in 16GB, so I'd say go for the 4th gen. nano.

Hmm. that's a good point about the 16 gig. In principle, the more storage the better, right? But at the same time, I guess there's no need for me to be greedy, because right now, I have a 1GB player with about 12 albums' worth of music on it, and it takes me pretty far. So say I stuff it with 4 gig of music, and 2 of pics and small vids, plus one of notes and other things like that (being very generous here), I'll still have a gig left with the previous ones; not shabb by any means. So the extra storage isn't critical to what I get.

Any idea on availability of older nanos after a while (say around two weeks, which is when the store said they'd have the new nanos and I could try them)?