PDA

View Full Version : WoW - Mac Pro with ATI X1900 XT - issue

Willis
Sep 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
Ok, as the title suggests, fired up WoW after a few months not playing... installed the patches... but when I play, the graphics are all... wrong? images not in places, blank layouts and trees stretching to my characters head.

it eases a little then just flickers for while before a full system lock up after 15 mins.

Any suggestions?

jeffuwee
Sep 11, 2008, 07:56 PM
it might just be a patch glitch. i saw some videos on youtube where you can see through characters and a the environment looks like a bunch of colors and scribbles. so try reinstalling? i don't think its a graphics card problem.

Willis
Sep 12, 2008, 03:57 AM
Hmm.. well on my Macbook, it seems to play fine. Hense why I ruled out the patch glitch, but then it could be a patch issue with the 1900XT

Thanks

KKS
Sep 12, 2008, 05:52 AM
Is the ATI card overheating? Does your mac pro sound like the fans are on full? If so try cleaning the graphics card.

I have a mac pro with an ATI X1900 XT and I find that I have to regularly clean out the air intake on the card. The air intake gets clogged up with dust ever few months which can cause problems with a noisy mac pro and overheating.

Hope this helps.

Willis
Sep 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
Is the ATI card overheating? Does your mac pro sound like the fans are on full? If so try cleaning the graphics card.

I have a mac pro with an ATI X1900 XT and I find that I have to regularly clean out the air intake on the card. The air intake gets clogged up with dust ever few months which can cause problems with a noisy mac pro and overheating.

Hope this helps.

I quite like this idea... however it does everything else fine and when you boot up the sims 2... no problem.. might just give it ago anyway

Willis
Sep 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
well I installed burning crusade and it seems to be working fine... extremely bizarre.

Also, currently downloading a 990mb 2.4.3 to 3.0.... WHAT?!