Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWPf1BWtkw

Tonight, Microsoft aired the second of a series of new ads featuring Bill Gates and comedian Jerry Seinfeld. The long version of the ad (4m 30s) is embedded above via YouTube and a high quality version is available at Microsoft.com.

The first installment of the ad campaign showed Bill Gates and Seinfeld at a shoe store. The new installment shows Gates and Seinfeld living with "real people".

While we don't plan on getting into a habit of posting news stories for every new Microsoft ad, the original ad story generated a remarkable amount of feedback. Future ads may be reported on our Page 2 which is also linked from the left sidebar.

Article Link

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Um.... I just.... don't get it. I will watch them, I guess they are a bit cute? Maybe? but..... (insert scratching head icon thingy here)

iMACTASTIC

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
watching Bill Gates shake his ass sucked. Im still feeling a little uneasy. Seinfeld is a douche

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
It was way too long for my tastes... And it made them kind of look like jerks. Staying at someone's house and complaining about the food? Classy.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It was way too long for my tastes... And it made them kind of look like jerks.

yeah, this would be much better as a 30 second ad. maybe. I only watched the 4 minute 30 s one.

arn

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i think they're funny. i find it amusing to see two well-known, accomplished men goof off. sure, it has nothing to do with computers, but it's fun.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I just don't get it, it sucks as an ad and in my opinion it is just too long, and this is not Seinfeld material at all, at least Bill didn't shake his ass in this one.

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
You know what.... I actually kind of enjoyed that. And I get where they're going with this.

phinnaeus

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
I'm not going to hate on this ad because it is apparently cool to do so.

I don't get any sort of "buy windows" vibe, but honestly, I thought it was pretty funny. Seriously, just looking at is as some sort of skit that has nothing to do with Microsoft or Seinfeld. I dunno what I'm trying to say here. It is funny to see two people from such an upper crust interacting like that.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
i think they're funny. i find it amusing to see two well-known, accomplished men goof off. sure, it has nothing to do with computers, but it's fun.

Exactly! I had a good laugh at it. Apparently because it isn't an Apple ad people check their sense of humour at the door.

Yeah, 4mins 30seconds is long, but there is no way the full version would play on tv, it would have to be infomercial.

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
I enjoyed them both. I think they are funny and somewhat goofy in a good way. I like that it's more of a running sitcom than different ads like Apple. Not to say that Apple's ads aren't genius, but these are funny and original! If only Microsoft would spend so much energy on their products and they do on their ads!

JB413

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Makes more sense then the last one. The "Commercial about Nothing" still doesn't make me want to get a PC..... ever

gregarious119

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
Reading, PA
4 Freaking Minutes?

This isn't an ad - it's a MINI SERIES. If M$ can't get their point across in 30 seconds...it's not worth watching.

This commercial is just like every other product...
filled with BLOATware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.