Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmlarsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hey folks!

I've been thinking about getting a Touch for a while, but was holding out for 9/9. I like what I see, and I'm going for it. By default I would go to the local Apple store and pick one up (16GB), which would cost about $225 once sales tax is accounted for (in Los Angeles). If I purchase online from an out-of-state seller, I save the $25 sales tax, but generally have to pay shipping. Has anyone found a place to buy the 2G Touch with no sales tax and no shipping fees? In other words, a site that has a free shipping promotion, or a site that is selling it for less than MSRP?

Thanks!
Michael

new2macworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
i'm thinking of buying mine through amazon- at least in the state i live in there's no sales tax charged by amazon and if you are willing to wait longer, shipping is free w/ super saver shipping or something like that.

they have the 2g touch on the site already, but it says you will have to wait about a week.

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Hey folks!

I've been thinking about getting a Touch for a while, but was holding out for 9/9. I like what I see, and I'm going for it. By default I would go to the local Apple store and pick one up (16GB), which would cost about $225 once sales tax is accounted for (in Los Angeles). If I purchase online from an out-of-state seller, I save the $25 sales tax, but generally have to pay shipping. Has anyone found a place to buy the 2G Touch with no sales tax and no shipping fees? In other words, a site that has a free shipping promotion, or a site that is selling it for less than MSRP?

Thanks!
Michael

the 8GB is $229 the 16GB is $299.

ajenda

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
amazon is awesome! Free shipping and no tax (unless you live in NY)
If its available there...I would not hesitate!

ferfer

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2009
Amazon is a good choice for reasons stated above. I'd go another way, though.

I'd focus less on taxes and try to get the best deal on a used iPod at ebay. I'm there a lot - both buying and selling - and I've seen some touches go for up to 30% less than retail price. It's a matter of finding those deals and getting the product from a reputable seller - so that he delivers and you don't get a chinese replica or sth.

iKatianarie

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Well, I bought mine off of Amazon (218). Also, bhphotovideo has them for 229, but with free shipping, and no sales tax.

Wishsong

macrumors regular
May 13, 2009
Umm I'm going with refurb, but if I wanted a new go with amazon. Save 50 dollars for a refurb (new outer shell and battery) on the apple store is awesome, plus I think it has free shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.