Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I'm having issues... Mail won't open... Anyone else having issues with it? I've seen little bits about it on here before, but just trying to bring everything together...

I'm running iBook G3 900 12.1" + 256MB RAM... Jus upgraded... Mail was running fine under 10.3.2 until i installed the December security update...

Hob

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Hob,

sometimes this is as simple as running the repair permissions utility from your installation disk one. Give it a try and if that does not work report back and someone will have a better suggestion!

JDar

gevan

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2004
San Francisco
Mac Mail

Fixing permissions won't always work. I'm having terrible problems with Mac Mail - the program quit randomly, often at the point (just after) of sending a message (with or without attachments), sonetimes I get an alert that it quit, sometimes not. I've dumped the plist, taken out junk filters, switched back to manual training, everything I can without staring from scratch. Anyone any ideas or I'll be forced back to Eudora.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
my problem came from doing a bad upgrade. Nothing to do with me, obviously! But just sometimes upgrades mess up! I found erasing my HDD (backed all my docs and stuff onto my ipod!) then reinstalling OS 10.2 from scratch then doing the 10.3 upgrade worked best :)

Good luck, sorry you may have to take a few hours over it, but i think it'll be worth it.

Hob

Blazn5

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Washington Maryland
One thing you can try is to delete and re-install that always seems to work with me. Also when it asks if you want to send a report to apple read the details and see exactly what is the problem(sometimes I can understand sometimes I can't). Just a suggestion.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My Mail won't even open us from the Dock. Then if I open it from file, I get a window. Then the only way to quit the program is to do a force quit. My wife thinks that the problem is that I not running Entoruage freom Office X. I reallly hate to reinstall Panther. Now since I have Folding up and running. Unless there is some way to bring the needed in formation over from an OWC Mercury Elite Firewire?

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
You can install individual apps from OSX using ... I can't remember the name right now. Check out the Apple forum.

I had trouble with Mail in Jaguar and just dumped Mail and started again. Never had a problem since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.