Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kukheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2003
Dallas
I've been a Mac user for over a year now, but my question is, is it possible to not download or ignore things that come over Software Update? Such as I-Cal, I don't use it or need it and quite frankly don't want it, but I can't get it to leave the Software Update, any help would be thankful.

kukheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2003
Dallas
ok, thanks, but what if i want most of the updates...IE: 3.3, 3.4, anything else but don't want stuff like I-Cal, is that possible?

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Yes, the ignore list is on an application-by-application basis. As coolsoldier said, just indicate which of the current updates you wish to ignore.

You can only ignore updates that are currently available. So, for example, you can ignore iCal right now (assuming you haven't installed it); but you'll have to wait for an update to Safari to be available before you can ignore it - as if you'd want to ignore Safari updates, that is. :D

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says.....just to add my two bits - there is also a "reset ignored updates" button in the software update pref pane in case you change your mind about something.....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.