PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi and iTunes Promotion

MacRumors
Jan 20, 2004, 07:54 AM
Apple has posted a teaser page (http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/) for the upcoming Pepsi/iTunes 100 million song promotion.

The site offers a mailing list signup form for notification of the promotion which will give away 100 million free iTunes songs on specially marked Pepsi products.

The thank you page (http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/thankyou.html) notes: "Watch for our ads during the Superbowl."

pb1212580
Jan 20, 2004, 07:56 AM
Just bring it on!!!!

Swinny
Jan 20, 2004, 07:58 AM
"Watch for our adS..."

Is it normal for an ad to be repeated during the Superbowl? or would this suggest more than one ad is to be shown?

AirUncleP
Jan 20, 2004, 08:01 AM
Crank up the junk mail filter.

ThomasJefferson
Jan 20, 2004, 08:04 AM
I -so much- prefer coke, its not even funny.

However, since I teach in a school with 8 pepsi machines ... well lets just say I have a few creative ideas on how this can play to my advantage.

A corporate sponsorship/awareness of an Apple product can only be a g$$d thing. Hopefully this will tempt people away from their Dells and cow-branded computers.

Sho' Nuff

0 and A ai
Jan 20, 2004, 08:06 AM
Buying me a huge load of 20oz bottles at bjs.

Why must I be a marketers wet dream!

LinuxGigolo
Jan 20, 2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 0 and A ai
Buying me a huge load of 20oz bottles at bjs.

Why must I be a marketers wet dream!

Do you ordinarily drink a crapload of Pepsi? If not, why not just bypass Pepsi's 1 in 3 chance and spend the $1 you're gonna spend on the bottles of Pepsi on songs from the iTMS. Heck, you'd even save a penny.

I've been hearing a lot of people say that they're going to buy a whole bunch of Pepsi once the promotion starts for the free song, and they seem to forget that individual tracks are only $0.99 @ the iTMS, generally less than a bottle of Pepsi. When they say that, I give them the :confused: face. Anyway.. enjoy your Pepsi.

humangod
Jan 20, 2004, 08:18 AM
"Watch for 'our' ads?"

hm. "ads" is plural. that could mean pepsi has mulitple commercials, or apple may very well indeed put out their own.

Thor74
Jan 20, 2004, 08:18 AM
Some folks will be upset if this was the only announcement planned for the 20th aniv. Especially since the page 2 rumor headlines were abuzz with thoughts on why the website was going to be updated. Sorry folks. Just some soda, not any new hardware it looks like so far....

unc32
Jan 20, 2004, 08:20 AM
But if you have no real preference, like me, then you'll just drink the pepsi and then get a free song.

JGowan
Jan 20, 2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by LinuxGigolo Do you ordinarily drink a crapload of Pepsi? If not, why not just bypass Pepsi's 1 in 3 chance and spend the $1 you're gonna spend on the bottles of Pepsi on songs from the iTMS. Heck, you'd even save a penny.... When they say that, I give them the :confused: face. Anyway.. enjoy your Pepsi. I know most people consider "their beverage" as THE SACRED ELIXIR & NECTAR OF THE GODS. To switch would seem like sacrilege (even for free music). Why? A beverage is just something cold to drink. Sure, for a while I'll switch. Maybe get some free music while I do it. Some people act all high and mighty about their Cola. A friend of mine will ONLY drink COKE and when he comes over, he better had his own, because I might COKE, but I might have, RC, SELECT CHOICE, WINN DIXIE, etc... I am a cheap skate!

Switch to Pepsi for a while: and maybe win some music in the process.

Sonofhaig
Jan 20, 2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by LinuxGigolo
Do you ordinarily drink a crapload of Pepsi? If not, why not just bypass Pepsi's 1 in 3 chance and spend the $1 you're gonna spend on the bottles of Pepsi on songs from the iTMS. Heck, you'd even save a penny.

I've been hearing a lot of people say that they're going to buy a whole bunch of Pepsi once the promotion starts for the free song, and they seem to forget that individual tracks are only $0.99 @ the iTMS, generally less than a bottle of Pepsi. When they say that, I give them the :confused: face. Anyway.. enjoy your Pepsi.

I can't taste or smell anything. I haven't been able to for years. Only taste I can get are the basics... sweet, bitter, etc.
To me, Pepsi and Coke are the same. In fact, there was a period of time a year ago, with steroids, I was able to get taste back briefly. I found out during that time that they're both horrible. But now taste isn't an issue. I only get "sweet" out of them. I drink soda anyway... so I for one will load up on Pepsi. (I'm promotion driven) Actually since I can't taste anything, maybe I should sign up for "Fear Factor". :D

whooleytoo
Jan 20, 2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Macrumors
The thank you page (http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/thankyou.html) notes: "Watch for our ads during the Superbowl."

Enrique, Beyonce, Britney Spears and Pink have been lined up for a multi-million Pepsi advert 'early this year'. Assuming it's for the Superbowl / iTunes commercial, that's not a bad lineup.

mainstreetmark
Jan 20, 2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by whooleytoo
Enrique, Beyonce, Britney Spears and Pink ... that's not a bad lineup.

I could argue with that.

LinuxGigolo
Jan 20, 2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by JGowan
I know most people consider "their beverage" as THE SACRED ELIXIR & NECTAR OF THE GODS. To switch would seem like sacrilege (even for free music). Why? A beverage is just something cold to drink. Sure, for a while I'll switch. Maybe get some free music while I do it. Some people act all high and mighty about their Cola. A friend of mine will ONLY drink COKE and when he comes over, he better had his own, because I might COKE, but I might have, RC, SELECT CHOICE, WINN DIXIE, etc... I am a cheap skate!

Switch to Pepsi for a while: and maybe win some music in the process.

I think you and the poster below you missed my point. To clarify, the point is not that the product is "Pepsi". The point is that the product costs more than the "prize" and given a 1 in 3 chance, if you don't drink a lot of (soda)(pop) (pick your word depending on what you call it), it makes no sense to buy it just for the free song. You'd be better off bypassing the (soda)(pop) purchase altogether and buying the song straight from Apple. I definitely do not care what type of beverage a person drinks.. I just mentioned Pepsi cause.. well.. the promotion is with Pepsi.

neilah
Jan 20, 2004, 09:06 AM
Even though I'm a Coke shareholder, this Pepsi promotion is big news. I plan on switching my normal Coke buying habits to Pepsi just to get a free iTunes track 33% of the time.

CaptainScarlet
Jan 20, 2004, 09:08 AM
Ack!!!

I hate Pepsi!!!

Oh welll....It's still HUGH for Apple...

Wish it was Coke!!

CS.....out

jrv3034
Jan 20, 2004, 09:09 AM
Well, I for one am addicted to caffeine. I like drinking cola, and since I'm going to buy Pepsi or Coke anyways, I might as well win something with Pepsi.

Pepsi knows what they're doing. They saw that teens (their target market) vastly preferred iTunes over any music store. Faced with a choice, they'll go for the Pepsi instead of the Coke, if only for the iTunes promo.

I wonder how many here know that Steve Jobs used to work for Pepsi?

LinuxGigolo
Jan 20, 2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by jrv3034

*gasp* *shock* *awe*... Apple doing a promotion with a company that Steve Jobs has former/present affiliation with... (I know.. improper grammar.. sue me)... well that'd be like giving a Pixar movie like A Bug's Life away with iMacs. ha ha ha.

cubist
Jan 20, 2004, 09:29 AM
... I wonder how many here know that Steve Jobs used to work for Pepsi?

I don't think he worked for Pepsi. I know he worked for Atari for a while. Are you thinking of Sculley?

I, for one, am getting very tired of iPods and music. I have no doubt that the new banners in the Apple stores are about the mini-iPod and Garage Band.

Gateway is abandoning the PC market to sell TVs. It looks like Apple is about to abandon the computer market to sell music players. :-(

Lepton
Jan 20, 2004, 09:30 AM
Enrique, Beyonce, Britney Spears and Pink have been lined up for a multi-million Pepsi advert 'early this year'. Assuming it's for the Superbowl / iTunes commercial, that's not a bad lineup.

You can see a picture of Pink, dressed as a gladiator, in this shot allegedly from the new commercial:

Pink Gladiator (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/040119/482/lon10501191211&e=4&ncid=1756)

CaptainScarlet
Jan 20, 2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Lepton
You can see a picture of Pink, dressed as a gladiator, in this shot allegedly from the new commercial:

Pink Gladiator (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/040119/482/lon10501191211&e=4&ncid=1756)

Spiky Black Hard Edged!!

K12MacTech
Jan 20, 2004, 09:33 AM
Can somebody post a screen shot? Darn Websense (content filtering software) has blocked the iTunes page again because it falls in the category of "MP3s". I've submitted a request to unblock, but that usually takes a couple of days.

Foxer
Jan 20, 2004, 09:38 AM

Unless you know about some childhood soda distriubutorship, I think you're a little off on this one. Jobs lured John Scully, then the CEO of Pepsi, to Apple with the famous question, "Do you want to sell sugared water for the rest of your life."

I'm sure these ads will be - in the main - Pepsi ads that promote the contest. Probably an Apple logo or two. Hardly the second coming of the 1984 ad. By the by, are all those Pepsi artists available on iTunes? Sort of odd if they shilled for a service they don't benefit from.

Other.au
Jan 20, 2004, 09:41 AM
Firstly i would like to ask wether this promotion will be available in Australia.

Secondly, with all these songs available only through the itunes music store, wouldnt it force thousands of people to download itunes?
Forcing many users to use it as their jukebox software and eventually buy more ipods. =)
This would also a result promote the use of ACC and hurt WMA.

Thirdly, i would like to ask why AAC is such a powerful format.

Fourhtly, is WMA such a widespread format on PC even though its the standrard one with Windows Media Player.
I was under the impression that Windows users avoided this format at all costs, and that it was as a result not used very often.

whooleytoo
Jan 20, 2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mainstreetmark
I could argue with that.

:)

I meant good in terms of being high profile. I wouldn't personally be interested in any of them. Apart from Beyonce, and that has little to do with music...

crazytom
Jan 20, 2004, 09:54 AM
I wonder if it's just going to be Pepsi or Pepsi products? I'm a big Mountain Dew drinker, it's be nice to get something free for drinking that!

Dippo
Jan 20, 2004, 10:10 AM
I think you and the poster below you missed my point. To clarify, the point is not that the product is "Pepsi". The point is that the product costs more than the "prize" and given a 1 in 3 chance, if you don't drink a lot of (soda)(pop) (pick your word depending on what you call it), it makes no sense to buy it just for the free song. You'd be better off bypassing the (soda)(pop) purchase altogether and buying the song straight from Apple. I definitely do not care what type of beverage a person drinks.. I just mentioned Pepsi cause.. well.. the promotion is with Pepsi.

I think everyone is saying that they would be drink some type of soda anyways (promotion or not). So why not win some music in the process.

If you are going to buy Pepsi just to win music that is stupid, but if you are going to buy soft drinks anyways, buy some Pepsi while they are giving away free music!

Dippo
Jan 20, 2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by crazytom
I wonder if it's just going to be Pepsi or Pepsi products? I'm a big Mountain Dew drinker, it's be nice to get something free for drinking that!

From previous rumors, Moutian Dew will not be included in the promotion, which sucks because that is all I drink besides Coke.

ClimbingTheLog
Jan 20, 2004, 10:18 AM
Isn't this a 'contest' or 'sweepstakes'? Doesn't there then have to be a "no purchase necessary to win" clause somewhere?

Then again, if you have to send a $0.37 stamp to request a gamepiece and the odds are 1/3 and the song costs $0.99, it's not worth it (plus no soda).

Oh, and if the Apple guy is reading, the alt tag on the Pepsi image is "more then just pop". The grammar is correct in the image. See, if Mountain Dew was in the promotion this never would have happened. :)

nagromme
Jan 20, 2004, 10:20 AM

Rather than assume people are fundamentally stupid and can't add, I assume that these people (like me) will buy a lot of Pepsi... INSTEAD of other beverages we'd buy. Thus we are not spending any more, and are getting free songs. That's a much better deal than the one you propose: buying whatever we used to buy and paying full price at iTMS.

Unless you assume everyone only drinks tap water at zero expense :)

There's also the question of how late you can REDEEM the yellow caps. If they are available only for 2 months, but redeemable later, then buying ahead makes sense.

Since I'll be buying iTunes music anyway I'm sure, I don't think of this as winning free music... I think of it as getting 1/3 off beverages which I'd buy anyway... not bad since I buy on sale to begin with :D (Diet... I'm killing myself with chemicals rather than calories!)

Personally I prefer Coke's taste, but Pepsi is fine too. A change will not kill me. And I'm boycotting Coke for some specific and nasty practices overseas (polluting ground water in India for one), so I've already been buying Pepsi--or smaller brands--lately.

Mord
Jan 20, 2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Sonofhaig
I can't taste or smell anything. I haven't been able to for years. Only taste I can get are the basics... sweet, bitter, etc.
To me, Pepsi and Coke are the same. In fact, there was a period of time a year ago, with steroids, I was able to get taste back briefly. I found out during that time that they're both horrible. But now taste isn't an issue. I only get "sweet" out of them. I drink soda anyway... so I for one will load up on Pepsi. (I'm promotion driven) Actually since I can't taste anything, maybe I should sign up for "Fear Factor". :D

could you taste stuff when you were a kid cause an ingredient in those types of drinks is aspartamine (cant spell) it nulls your tast so you cannot tell that it tasts like crap hence I never dink stuff like that EVER.

nagromme
Jan 20, 2004, 10:31 AM
A more serious note on chemicals and artificial sweeteners... I don't trust that their effects are even known--so I very my habits! Safety in variety. Don't load up my system non-stop for years.

Sucralose (mostly inverted sugar molecules... so why can't it taste just like sugar??) scares me less than aspartame, so I lean towards that. And I change what I drink after having a lot of any one thing for a time. Think I'll be buying an aspartame beverage right after the iTunes promotion? Nope--I'll take a water break or choose RC Diet Rite with splenda or something.

(For the record, I drink lots of things besides pop anyway.)

Jan 20, 2004, 10:34 AM
Brit, Enrique, Beyonce & Pink will be featured in the upcoming marketing onslaught from Pepsi. This has been annnounced previously a month or so ago at the very least.

Pictures for these upcoming ads, or at least teaser photos, can be found at www.worldofbritney.com. The ads will feature a Gladiator theme.

painandgreed
Jan 20, 2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Dippo
From previous rumors, Moutian Dew will not be included in the promotion, which sucks because that is all I drink besides Coke.

Ditto. We should protest to Pepsi. Not only is Coke the only thing besides Mt. Dew that I drink, but I bother to drive up to Canada to buy the stuff still made with sugar rather than corn syrup.

bensisko
Jan 20, 2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by cubist
Gateway is abandoning the PC market to sell TVs. It looks like Apple is about to abandon the computer market to sell music players. :-(

Doubtfully..
I think the basic stratagy is this:
iTunes exsists to sell iPods and iPods exsist to sell macs.

grafikat
Jan 20, 2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by painandgreed
..... drive up to Canada to buy the stuff still made with sugar rather than corn syrup.

Just a note to the old before new coke and now old coke with corn syrup fans (?!) You can also get Sugar coke in jewish communities around passover, as CC makes a special *Kosher* batch then (I'm no longer in close prox. to Canada or Mexico for the Real real thing!

guifa
Jan 20, 2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ClimbingTheLog
Isn't this a 'contest' or 'sweepstakes'? Doesn't there then have to be a "no purchase necessary to win" clause somewhere?

Then again, if you have to send a $0.37 stamp to request a gamepiece and the odds are 1/3 and the song costs $0.99, it's not worth it (plus no soda).

Oh, and if the Apple guy is reading, the alt tag on the Pepsi image is "more then just pop". The grammar is correct in the image. See, if Mountain Dew was in the promotion this never would have happened. :)

I love it when people correct the grammar of others and yet mess up their own grammar. That should read, "See, if Mountain Dew were in the promotion this never would have happened." It's one of those rare kind of statements in English that requires the subjunctive.

Veldek
Jan 20, 2004, 11:04 AM
For more info about the Pepsi ads:

http://www.pepsi.co.uk/music/

andybouchard
Jan 20, 2004, 11:06 AM
What no Mt. Dew!? Come on pepsi! I hate cola! :mad: :confused:

ITR 81
Jan 20, 2004, 11:06 AM

Well we can buy Pepsi here for $.75 out of a vending machine.

Pepsi bottling company is only 15 mins away from where I live and Coke bottling company is only 2 hrs away from here.

Most places are selling large stocks of Pepsi for around $.50 a bottle and sometimes even lower.

Edot
Jan 20, 2004, 11:14 AM
Funny there is no link to Pepsi on that page!?:confused:

ITR 81
Jan 20, 2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Other.au
Firstly i would like to ask wether this promotion will be available in Australia.

Secondly, with all these songs available only through the itunes music store, wouldnt it force thousands of people to download itunes?
Forcing many users to use it as their jukebox software and eventually buy more ipods. =)
This would also a result promote the use of ACC and hurt WMA.

Thirdly, i would like to ask why AAC is such a powerful format.

Fourhtly, is WMA such a widespread format on PC even though its the standrard one with Windows Media Player.
I was under the impression that Windows users avoided this format at all costs, and that it was as a result not used very often.

I don't think this will be promoted overseas unless Apple opens up some more iTMS stores overseas.

The promo will promote iTunes downloads and I figure more promo's will happen in specific countries once iTMS launches there.

AAC is developed by Dolby. Recent benchmark of MP3, WMA, and AAC showed AAC was the best format.

Windows users don't avoid AAC because of just AAC format...they avoid it because they don't like Apple...not because it's a bad format.
I would say about 90% of all Window users I know have iTunes or have something like Winamp that will play raw AAC's.

mrsebastian
Jan 20, 2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by andybouchard
What no Mt. Dew!? Come on pepsi! I hate cola! :mad: :confused:

me too, do the dew. oh well, i just hope pepsi drinkers go bananas over itunes, ipods, and maybe we'll get some mac converts :D

macMaestro
Jan 20, 2004, 11:16 AM

Has someone not been paying attention? They spelled it out THREE TIMES in the first Stevenote, and another time at Macworld. Sheesh. Anyway, here's how it works.

1. You buy bottle of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, or Seirra Mist.
2. Open bottle of soda and look under cap. If you win there will be a 'Congratulations!' message and a code. This message will appear on 1 out of every 3 bottles. The other bottles will have a 'Sorry, play again.' message. In case of first message go to step 3, otherwise go back to step 1.
3. On the iTMS front page there will be a pepsi link. Click on it. This will take you to a page where you enter your code.
4. Enter your code.
5. You now have $.99 in that gift certificate field, just as if you had recieved a gift certificate for $.99.

And finally to the poster from Sydney. Since there's no iTMS for you aussies to buy songs from, it wouldn't make sense to give you codes you can't use.

ITR 81
Jan 20, 2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Veldek
For more info about the Pepsi ads:

http://www.pepsi.co.uk/music/

Looks like we are going for a Gladiator look.

mrsebastian
Jan 20, 2004, 11:26 AM
was just checking out the pepsi site and noticed they offer a winamp skin that seems to be for another campaign
http://www.pepsi.com/music/index.php ((see it here))
i wonder what kind of promotion material they'll have on their website for itunes?

desdomg
Jan 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
If there were multiple ads I would imagine they are a series for the Pepsi deal. Apple wouldn't want to dilute the message it is putting out by running concurrent hardware ads as well.

Looks like the 20th Anniversary is going to pass without any form of product release - probably just a page on the webstite, although what mention of the 20th anniversary has now been removed ... so maybee another MWSF 2004 deal - i.e. disappointment.

By the way, SJ also used to work for HP. Anyone notice a trend developing here?

wdlove
Jan 20, 2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by mrsebastian
was just checking out the pepsi site and noticed they offer a winamp skin that seems to be for another campaign
i wonder what kind of promotion material they'll have on their website for itunes?

Your link isn't currently working.

I happen to be a Coke fan also, it's because they aret he ones that always have their product on sale. With a 1 in 3 chance of winning, I plan to give Pepsi a try during this promotion. Hopefully iTunes will have some songs that I like.

Toppa G's
Jan 20, 2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by guifa
I love it when people correct the grammar of others and yet mess up their own grammar. That should read, "See, if Mountain Dew were in the promotion this never would have happened." It's one of those rare kind of statements in English that requires the subjunctive.

I don't know that it should. If the poster was talking about Mountain Dew as a group, then the correct word would be "were".

Otherwise, the poster may have been talking about the singular product "Mountain Dew," in which case the use of "was" would be sound grammar.

jbembe
Jan 20, 2004, 12:04 PM
I think Mountain Dew is a Pepsi product and I'm really truly hoping they put the winning caps there. I'm pretty much addicted to Mountain Dew, in college it was always on sale and the cheapest soda, now not so but I'm hooked.

And if you drink soda, why not drink the not-your-absolute-favorite kind to combine soda consumption with free music?

Oh, by the way, when iTunes went PC didn't they add several new features like books and stuff. I wonder if the iTMS will have significant improvements once this new promotion is released.

Krizoitz
Jan 20, 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Thor74
Some folks will be upset if this was the only announcement planned for the 20th aniv. Especially since the page 2 rumor headlines were abuzz with thoughts on why the website was going to be updated. Sorry folks. Just some soda, not any new hardware it looks like so far....

Actually the anniversary of the Macintosh is not today, its the 24th, so they have plenty of time to release something exciting. Why would they have to do it today?

srobert
Jan 20, 2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by painandgreed
Ditto. We should protest to Pepsi. Not only is Coke the only thing besides Mt. Dew that I drink, but I bother to drive up to Canada to buy the stuff still made with sugar rather than corn syrup.

You should buy your KFC up here too. It is still made with chicken. ^_^

njfuzzy
Jan 20, 2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Toppa G's
I don't know that it should. If the poster was talking about Mountain Dew as a group, then the correct word would be "were".

Otherwise, the poster may have been talking about the singular product "Mountain Dew," in which case the use of "was" would be sound grammar.

No. It's the subjunctive. So only "were" is correct.

bankshot
Jan 20, 2004, 12:20 PM
From the picture on the Apple page, the bottle looks most like a 20 oz. Based on what Steve showed at the keynote, I thought maybe it was a 32 oz. Anyone know, or have any educated guesses?

The problem with these sizes of bottle is that they generally aren't sold in regular grocery stores and therefore are a pretty bad deal. For example you can get a 2-liter for $0.80 on sale at the grocery, but a 20 oz might cost you $1.50 at the convenience store! Big difference in price.

My wife and I are planning on buying tons anyway, since we have to drink something and might as well get some free tunes out of it. But it sure would be nice if we can get whatever size bottles fairly inexpensively! ;)

guifa
Jan 20, 2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Toppa G's

It doesn't matter whether he thought it singular or plural. It's the subjunctive form of "to be," which in this case is "were":

**Indicative**
The dog was funny.
The dogs were funny.

**Subjunctive**
If the dog were funny, I'd adopt him.
If the dogs were funny, I'd adopt them.

Misuse (or lack of use altogether) of the subjunctive is, in my opinion, one of the most common and overlooked errors in English.

Some links:
http://www.ceafinney.com/subjunctive/guide.html
http://grammar.englishclub.com/verbs-subjunctive.htm
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/061.html

frankly
Jan 20, 2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034 I wonder how many here know that Steve Jobs used to work for Pepsi?

Seems like you're the only one because he DID NOT work for Pepsi.

Later, Frank

JGowan
Jan 20, 2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LinuxGigolo I think you and the poster below you missed my point.No. I don't think I did. I was simply pointing out that most people drink a lot soft drinks anyhow (especially the demographics that would be buying macs, listening to music and surfing this board).

So why not switch for a little while and get some free music.

I do see your point for those that normally only drink ... milk, tea and water ... that would go out and buy a $1.19 bottle of PEPSI (and then may not even get the song) > Your point: pay less and GET THE SONG!

I bet you the people who are saying they're going to go out and get a boat load of bottled Pepsi are:

1) Already Soda drinkers, so they need to have a beverage anyhow.

2) Perhaps, buy 2 Liter bottles or 12 oz cans, but will go the 20oz Bottle route in order to perhaps get a song.

You seem to be equating those people who are planning this massive buying onslaught with NON-SODA drinkers. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of people out there that aren't so choosey about their caffeine fix as to warrant forgoing switching to Pepsi for a while.

Lepton
Jan 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mrsebastian

Woof! Do these guys know how to sell sugar water to kids, or WHAT?

ITR 81
Jan 20, 2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Krizoitz
Actually the anniversary of the Macintosh is not today, its the 24th, so they have plenty of time to release something exciting. Why would they have to do it today?

Correct.
The 74th Apple Store is ready to open but they have delayed the opening date until the 24th of this month.

bryanc
Jan 20, 2004, 01:00 PM
I'd certainly consider buying pesi products (not pepsi...I hate pepsi) if there were an iTMS in Canada. (Grammar pedants may note the correct use of the subjunctive :-)

Cheers.

nagromme
Jan 20, 2004, 01:03 PM
On the Apple Thank You page, the deadline is 4/30.

So, the strategy is clear :D ...

During Feb and Mar, buy the same amount of beverages you'd normally drink, but choose Pepsi/Sierra Mist.

And buy 50% more than normal for those two months... to last you through the third month, April, when the yellow caps won't be out anymore. But the ones you already have can still be redeemed.

So for iTunes buyers, a temporary switch to Pepsi and 50% stockpiling makes sense :)

0 and A ai
Jan 20, 2004, 01:03 PM

well u see its like 33 cents a bottle if u buy it bulk. and yes i drink a crap load of pepsi. i'm in college i work and i can't afford to sleep.

iLilana
Jan 20, 2004, 01:33 PM
It's obvious that iTunes Canada is never going to happen.

thanks..... in part to the Canadian music industry.

It's also obvious that people without credit cards lose out. I'm beginning to be a little jaded by the iTunes Music Store.

sethypoo
Jan 20, 2004, 01:42 PM
This is surely going to be a super bowl to remember.

Bring it on!

inktomite
Jan 20, 2004, 01:46 PM
soft drinks are evil

http://members.aol.com/profchm/Soft.html

billyboy
Jan 20, 2004, 01:49 PM

Sorry to be boring, but, punctuation is everything! ;) The words "and yet", in the sense of "however", should be followed by a comma.

To use "yet" and get away without a comma, you would have had to have restructured your sentence, because grammatically speaking, "yet" is used in a negative phrase, "still" is used in a positive phrase.

ie "and yet don't get their own grammar right." or, to keep your original prose intact, "and still mess up their own grammar."

Time for a Pepsi.

srobert
Jan 20, 2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by inktomite
soft drinks are evil

http://members.aol.com/profchm/Soft.html

Yeah... but so are pointy sticks.

pascalpp
Jan 20, 2004, 01:54 PM
It doesn't matter whether he thought it singular or plural. It's the subjunctive form of "to be," which in this case is "were":

**Indicative**
The dog was funny.
The dogs were funny.

**Subjunctive**
If the dog were funny, I'd adopt him.
If the dogs were funny, I'd adopt them.

Misuse (or lack of use altogether) of the subjunctive is, in my opinion, one of the most common and overlooked errors in English.

Some links:
http://www.ceafinney.com/subjunctive/guide.html
http://grammar.englishclub.com/verbs-subjunctive.htm
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/061.html

this forum is awesome! sugared water, free music, and an education!

jrv3034
Jan 20, 2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by frankly
Seems like you're the only one because he DID NOT work for Pepsi.

Sorry for the mistake. In my defense, I was playing Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary Edition the other day, and one of the questions was:

"To whom did Steve Jobs say 'Do you want to make sugar water the rest of your life, or do you want to change the world?'" (From what I remember)

The answer was: Steve Jobs

I thought they wouldn't make things up, so please excuse my misinformation.

pascalpp
Jan 20, 2004, 02:03 PM
Sorry for the mistake. In my defense, I was playing Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary Edition the other day, and one of the questions was:

"To whom did Steve Jobs say 'Do you want to make sugar water the rest of your life, or do you want to change the world?'" (From what I remember)

no, the answer was john sculley.

FlamDrag
Jan 20, 2004, 02:06 PM
From Apple's perspective, anyone posting on this forum is not a target of this promotion anyway. I'd venture a guess that most of the folks here are already sold on iTMS as their legal-music-downloading drug-of-choice.

l008com
Jan 20, 2004, 02:10 PM

He said it to himself? That doesn't even make sense.

njfuzzy
Jan 20, 2004, 02:18 PM
People say things like that all the time, to motivate themselves. It's the kind of thing I could imagine Steve quoting himself as asking himself-- if he had ever worked for Pepsi. In fact, though, the line is something he asked Scully.

Either Trivial Pursuit made a mistake, or the person quoting the game did. Not exactly a big deal, either way.

jrv3034
Jan 20, 2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by l008com

Not to hijack the thread with this, but it DID say Steve Jobs as the answer. I assumed it meant he told himself that in order to come back to Apple. But obviously there's something wrong since he DIDN'T work for Pepsi. I'll see if I can find the card with the question on it.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion.

Back on topic:
This Pepsi deal will reallly bring the world of Apple to the forefront of household recognition. Now we just need a new iMac G5!

l008com
Jan 20, 2004, 02:20 PM
So any word on that McBillion song giveaway?

Sonofhaig
Jan 20, 2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bensisko
Doubtfully..
I think the basic stratagy is this:
iTunes exsists to sell iPods and iPods exsist to sell macs.

Give that man a cigar! On the nose! :D

Universe Man
Jan 20, 2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by macMaestro
Has someone not been paying attention?

I don't get it. ClimbingTheLog asks a question about the legality of a contest where you have to make a purchase in order to win, and you respond by jumping down his throat and explaining the process, beginning with buying a bottle...

That was not the question.

Gizmotoy
Jan 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
So any word on that McBillion song giveaway?

A statement made by the head of the RIAA last week specifically mentioned the Pepsi/iTunes and Napster/McDonalds deals. However, I am unaware of any such Napster deal, and if it is true I haven't seen the announcement. Perhaps they were just confused.

l008com
Jan 20, 2004, 03:13 PM
I definitely meant the rumored McDonalds/iTunes deal and NOT the Napster deal

LaMerVipere
Jan 20, 2004, 03:36 PM
I will surely be buying a lot of Pepsi soon. :)

Sailfish
Jan 20, 2004, 03:47 PM
If you really want to save money, buy more iTunes music and get your caffeine fix as well.

Drink Iced Tea.

It boosts your immune system 5x over coffee, you can sweeten it to your tastes, you can make it at home for pennies a glass, it has more caffeine than coffee and most soda's and it won't eat holes in your stomach like coffee and soda does.

And you won't go broke supporting your habit.

Take the money you save and buy iTunes music.

LaMerVipere
Jan 20, 2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Sailfish
If you really want to save money, buy more iTunes music and get your caffeine fix as well.

Drink Iced Tea.

It boosts your immune system 5x over coffee, you can sweeten it to your tastes, you can make it at home for pennies a glass, it has more caffeine than coffee and most soda's and it won't eat holes in your stomach like coffee and soda does.

And you won't go broke supporting your habit.

Take the money you save and buy iTunes music.

But I am a zombie in the morning without my Starbucks latte! Or a chai frap :p

Makosuke
Jan 20, 2004, 04:19 PM
Groovy. I'm happy about this promotion (on a personal level--big marketing = good for Apple regardless) because my mom drinks absolutely vast quantities of diet Pepsi to satiate her caffiene addiction. I figure I can't go wrong bumming free iTMS credits off her, since she's bound to win a heap. She does little different (hopefully) in terms of buying--just a different kind of bottle than usual--and I get stuff for free. Cool.

Personally, I don't much like Coke or Pepsi--when I drink soda, I almost always go for a high-end vanilla creme or root beer, like the tasty ones from Stewarts or Henry Weinhard (or their new, exceedingly good Cherry Creme Soda (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/henry_weinhard/)). If I do drink cheap fizzy, it's iether Dr Pepper, Mr. Pibb, or 7up. Sierra Mist actually isn't bad either, though.

AirUncleP
Jan 20, 2004, 05:21 PM
Is this what's suppose to happen:
1. Pepsi / Apple start promo
2. Kids buy Pepsi in hopes of getting a cap with a number they don't understand.
-----Let's say they understand
3. Go to website to check winner.
4. If winner they download itunes and free song.
5. Love service so much they go out and buy an iPod.

Going from 4 to 5 is a big stretch and that is where Apple will make money.

JGowan
Jan 20, 2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by iLilana
It's also obvious that people without credit cards lose out. I'm beginning to be a little jaded by the iTunes Music Store. From TVs Will & Grace...

Grace: That's not fair.
Will: Life's not fair, Grace. Grow up.
Grace: Did you just tell me to 'grow up'?
Will: Yes. And when you grow up, you'll understand.

You can get Glad in the same pants you got Mad in.

mxpiazza
Jan 20, 2004, 06:18 PM
lol, what the heck are you talking about?

marco114
Jan 20, 2004, 06:22 PM
http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

99% of all the questions here are in the quite lengthy official rules:

Of note:
The iTunes promotion period begins 12:00:00 a.m. EST 2/1/04 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 3/31/04, or when supplies of specially marked packages have been exhausted, whichever comes first (the “Promotion Period”)

20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially marked 32 oz. fountain cups available at participating 7-11 convenience store.

Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period

rdowns
Jan 20, 2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by desdomg
By the way, SJ also used to work for HP. Anyone notice a trend developing here?

Jobs never worked for HP, Wozniak did. Jobs worked for Atari.

rdowns
Jan 20, 2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rdowns
Jobs never worked for HP, Wozniak did. Jobs worked for Atari. I guess by your logic, Atari will be selling iPods soon.

That was weird, thought I edited my post. Oh well, the dangers of drinking and posting.

greenstork
Jan 20, 2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
Sorry to be boring, but, punctuation is everything! ;) The words "and yet", in the sense of "however", should be followed by a comma.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but punctuation like commas and periods should never lie outside of a quotation mark. As long as we're correcting folks, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

crees!
Jan 20, 2004, 07:22 PM
Enrique, Beyonce, Britney Spears and Pink ... that's not a bad lineup.

Originally posted by mainstreetmark
I could argue with that.
I could most certainly argue too. Thank god "underground pop" hasn't become anywhere near as bad as mainstream pop these days.

greenstork
Jan 20, 2004, 07:25 PM

Trivial Pursuit gets stuff wrong all of the time. I was playing this weekend and the questions was: "What McDonald's hamburger do the French call Le Royale?"

The answer is a Quarter-Pounder but according to Trivial Pusuit, it was a Big Mac, which is just wrong.

Sorry for being way, way off topic.

autrefois
Jan 20, 2004, 07:38 PM

It doesn't look like anyone answered you (if they did, then sorry), but yes they do have to offer a free game piece upon request, and it is mentioned in the official rules:

No Purchase Necessary. To receive one free game piece and a copy of Official Rules, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked on or before 3/31/04 to: Pepsi iTunes Game Piece, P.O. Box 9205, Young America, MN 55558-9205. Residents of the state of VT may omit return postage. Limit one free game piece per request per stamped outer envelope.

As you suggested though, in this case it wouldn't be worth doing except for fun, since there's a 1 in 3 chance, and three stamps cost more than the 99 cent prize.

I am aware it is statistically possible that you could win 3 times if you sent in 3 requests and make money on the deal, or win 0 times and get nothing back at all, etc. My point was just that the odds are you would lose money in the long run if you kept doing this.

lind0834
Jan 20, 2004, 07:54 PM
I think the idea is..

Get people to go to the ITMS to pick out thier free song.. where they'll find more than one song they want, so they'll get thier free songs and probably buy a couple over the length of the promotion.

So now people have a collection of AAC files on thier Windows machine forcing them to use iTunes.. and when you are using iTunes the ITMS is always there waiting for more 99c... where the collection of AAC grows.

Eventually people want to have these files on a portable music player.. so they are stuck and they have to go out and buy an iPod.

Then they discover just how badly the iPod clashes with there crappy beige or black PeeCee and have to go out and buy a shiny iBook.

[
-autrefois

since you need to include a self addressed stamped envelope doesn't that mean the price of 6 stamps is less than the 99c prize?
]

zal
Jan 20, 2004, 08:11 PM
Rules:
13. SPONSOR: This promotion is sponsored by Pepsi-Cola Company, Purchase, New York 10577. Apple Computer, Inc. is not a sponsor of this promotion.

bankshot
Jan 20, 2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by marco114
http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

Nice, that answered my question about which bottles. Also of note:

You are NOT a winner if your game piece reveals a “Play Again” or “Please Play Again” message or is blank or partially printed. Unclaimed prizes ill not be awarded.

Hmm, does that mean the rules are invalid?? :p

Krizoitz
Jan 20, 2004, 08:57 PM
Not to hijack the thread with this, but it DID say Steve Jobs as the answer. I assumed it meant he told himself that in order to come back to Apple. But obviously there's something wrong since he DIDN'T work for Pepsi. I'll see if I can find the card with the question on it.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion.

Back on topic:
This Pepsi deal will reallly bring the world of Apple to the forefront of household recognition. Now we just need a new iMac G5!

He's right, i have the game too, stupid misprints!

Krizoitz
Jan 20, 2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Universe Man
I don't get it. ClimbingTheLog asks a question about the legality of a contest where you have to make a purchase in order to win, and you respond by jumping down his throat and explaining the process, beginning with buying a bottle...

That was not the question.

Its amazing how far people will go NOT to read what people write and respond to it anyway...

Krizoitz
Jan 20, 2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Makosuke
like the tasty ones from Stewarts or Henry Weinhard (or their new, exceedingly good Cherry Creme Soda (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/henry_weinhard/)).

If you ever get the chance, try Thomas Kemper (http://www.tksoda.com/). It's quality stuff.

JeffTL
Jan 20, 2004, 09:38 PM
As to Apple not being a sponsor, that's not surprising and it's not news. It basically means the giveaway is what it looks like. One in three Pepsis will come with a .99c gift certificate from Pepsico.

robotrenegade
Jan 20, 2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by JeffTL
As to Apple not being a sponsor, that's not surprising and it's not news. It basically means the giveaway is what it looks like. One in three Pepsis will come with a .99c gift certificate from Pepsico.

I agree, why waste money one an ad that is already getting the name out. Apple has always been know for their low keynes.

Ktulu
Jan 20, 2004, 10:49 PM

I have the same game and have also seen that card.
Side #1 of Card
Question: "To whom did Steve Jobs say 'Do you want to make sugar water the rest of your life, or do you want to change the world?'"

Side #2 of Card
Answer: Steve Jobs

The card is completely wrong. I would also like to know who is doing the research for the answers.

Anyway, BOT.

toravisu
Jan 21, 2004, 09:24 AM
http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/news/pepsiPA160104_450x280.jpg

There's a pic from the pepsi ad campain with Enrique, Pink, Beyonce, and Britney. It looks like the all white music notes mine a throughback to the iPod.

whooleytoo
Jan 21, 2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by toravisu
http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/news/pepsiPA160104_450x280.jpg

There's a pic from the pepsi ad campain with Enrique, Pink, Beyonce, and Britney. It looks like the all white music notes mine a throughback to the iPod.

That's odd, the other pics (supposedly) from the advert featured a gladiator theme.

Another thing to note, is that Apple might not necessarily get any publicity from the Pepsi advert, "Apple" or "iTunes" might not even get a mention!

jrv3034
Jan 21, 2004, 10:48 AM
Another thing to note, is that Apple might not necessarily get any publicity from the Pepsi advert, "Apple" or "iTunes" might not even get a mention!

C'mon! They have to do a cross promo thing... Apple's website already has Pepsi on there. Granted, the commercial will be MOSTLY about Pepsi, but they have to say something like "Buy Pepsi bottles and get free music downloads from the iTMS!"

Otherwise, Apple wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this. Also, the Apple page says adS in plural, so maybe that's why Apple isn't putting an ad in the superbowl... Pepsi's got them covered!

One can only hope.:eek:

whooleytoo
Jan 21, 2004, 11:08 AM
C'mon! They have to do a cross promo thing... Apple's website already has Pepsi on there. Granted, the commercial will be MOSTLY about Pepsi, but they have to say something like "Buy Pepsi bottles and get free music downloads from the iTMS!"

Not necessarily. They could just as easily say: "We're giving away 100 million songs! That's right. Just buy a bottle of Pepsi (etc).. check your cap, and you could be the winner of a free song download. See bottles for details" etc...

Apple will benefit from the songs Pepsi pays for, plus the additional iTMS users this brings in. We don't know (yet) if there's any obligation on Pepsi to also publicize Apple involvement in their adverts.

In fact, if you look at the number of companies re-branding music stores at the moment, I'd argue it's more likely Apple will scarcely get a mention.

pdrayton
Jan 21, 2004, 02:04 PM
Rebranding a product is a completely different concept from a promotional campaign.

Trust me, you'll see "iTunes" mentioned in the Pepsi promotion. Let's get real here, if Pepsi won't be mentioning iTunes, how will people know where to download their free music?

The reason Pepsi is pumping so much into this promotion is because iTunes has 70% of the download market. Pepsi HAS to mention iTunes for the promotion to be effective.

whooleytoo
Jan 21, 2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by pdrayton
Rebranding a product is a completely different concept from a promotional campaign.

Not quite completely different. The purpose of the rebranded online music stores is to promote your brand/product/service by latching onto the demand for digital music.

The purpose of this Pepsi promotion is just the same.

Trust me, you'll see "iTunes" mentioned in the Pepsi promotion. Let's get real here, if Pepsi won't be mentioning iTunes, how will people know where to download their free music?

It'll be mentioned quite clearly on the bottles how to redeem the coupons. Pepsi may or may not mention iTunes in the advert, but I can't see any reason they need to.

The reason Pepsi is pumping so much into this promotion is because iTunes has 70% of the download market. Pepsi HAS to mention iTunes for the promotion to be effective.

Certainly iTMS is the enabling technology/service that made the Pepsi deal possible. But still iTunes brand penetration is still tiny in comparison to Napster/Kazaa, or even good ol' fashioned CD purchases. At the moment, iTunes is just the biggest fish in a very, very small (but growing) pond.

kwikdeth
Jan 21, 2004, 02:43 PM
jeez.... the things that make page 1 news these days.... things are always soooooo dead post MWSF.......

pdrayton
Jan 21, 2004, 03:25 PM
If you read the advertising trade magazines you'll see that Apple & Pepsi will be featured prominently in the ads from Pepsi.

"Rebranding" refers to a product... and is done when you want to get additional customers whom you don't currently have. The Pepsi iTunes promotion is NOT rebranding.... There's Pepsi, there's iTunes... two brands. No rebranding.

We'll see soon enough come February 1st... this thread will pop back up and those freaking about there being no mention of Apple or iTunes will see it was wasted energy.

rueyeet
Jan 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
I've been hearing a lot of people say that they're going to buy a whole bunch of Pepsi once the promotion starts for the free song, and they seem to forget that individual tracks are only $0.99 @ the iTMS, generally less than a bottle of Pepsi.

Which is exactly why I have already informed my friends who prefer Pepsi and do not use the iTMS to save me their bottle caps. I don't drink that much soda, and when I do, I really do prefer Coke (or the Dew!) but as long as they're going to get all those caps they won't be using.... :)

I like the tea suggestion, too. Here's some Coke trivia I was recently emailed:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil,and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield. (Just don't get it on the paint; the Coke will eat it!)

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also
leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now, all that may or may not be accurate, but I do know for a fact that my friend at the Science Center says they put a chicken drumstick into a tub of Coke in the morning, and it's dissolved by the end of the day. And another friend of mine cleans her drains by pouring a liter of Coke down them. Makes you want to run right out for a nice refreshing soda, doesn't it?

Fun!! :D

pdrayton
Jan 21, 2004, 03:59 PM
Beware of tales from "Friends of friends".

The stuff above is pure urban myth as noted here: Urban Myths (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp)

Oh, although an iTunes download is only .99, the 20oz Pepsi / Sierra Mist bottles are around .99, too. So, odds are with 3 purchases you spend $3 and get a $4 value. Not a bad deal.

Looking forward to seeing the Pepsi-iTunes ads!

whooleytoo
Jan 21, 2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by pdrayton
If you read the advertising trade magazines you'll see that Apple & Pepsi will be featured prominently in the ads from Pepsi.

Fair enough! I hadn't seen any mention of this.

"Rebranding" refers to a product... and is done when you want to get additional customers whom you don't currently have. The Pepsi iTunes promotion is NOT rebranding.... There's Pepsi, there's iTunes... two brands. No rebranding.

Not trying to rehash this argument, but just to clarify: I didn't say Pepsi were re-branding. But, like other companies who actually are re-branding music services, their primary goal is to promote their own brand name; not the underlying technology, or anyone else's brand.

pdrayton
Jan 21, 2004, 04:32 PM
A good example of rebranding will be the iPod that is released under the HP label. Not sure what it will be called, but it won't be called "iPod".

Whatever it will be called it will be "rebranded".

It does all get rather confusing at times!

Neo_sonic
Jan 21, 2004, 07:10 PM
Ive a question about the pepsi deal.
so you get a winner cap. put the code in itunes. yeah yeah yeah.. then, do you get to choose any song? or are songs chosen and then you pick out of a list or whatever... thanks!

pdrayton
Jan 21, 2004, 08:50 PM
The cool part is you get to choose any of the individual songs available... over 400,000.

pdrayton
Jan 24, 2004, 05:41 PM
The promotional bottles are out. iTunes gets prominent mention on the front of the bottle, and on the back where the promotion details are located the Apple logo is equal to the size of the Pepsi logo.

This is excellent exposure for Apple & iTunes. Will be interesting to see the Pepsi Super Bowl ads featuring the teens sued by RIAA which will air during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Pepsi iTunes Giveaway bottle label (http://www.macrumors.com/downloads/photos/pepsi_bottles.jpg)