PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk doesn't want to sell Sketchbook Pro in Australia?

zarusoba
Sep 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
I live in Australia and I can't seem to buy Sketchbook Pro. None of the local co's listed in Autodesk's site seem to handle the product. Autodesk's download is for the US only; same with Amazon. It's weird, because Autodesk allows trial downloads to Australia, but not purchases.

I did find one US online store which seems to ship internationally. Thing is, I also want to find out if there is an academic pricing for this product.

ezekielrage_99
Sep 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
Try StormFX or Digistor both companies have a very good relationship with Autodesk if they don't have it they'll be able to order it in for you.

zarusoba
Sep 17, 2008, 11:57 PM
Try StormFX or Digistor both companies have a very good relationship with Autodesk if they don't have it they'll be able to order it in for you.

Thanks. I tried StormFX but they referred me to another co. which has been unresponsive.

chedda
Sep 18, 2008, 01:57 AM
I also tried a while back to locate a copy i am in Cyprus and also faced difficulties.I believe autodesk are dragging their feet as it's a mac only program. I Think autodesk are partners with microsoft as autocad is one of the last bastions of microsoft.This progra works great wit ink and a wacom tablet.

zarusoba
Sep 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
I believe autodesk are dragging their feet as it's a mac only program.

I agree that they're dragging their feet, but this software is available for Windows XP and Vista. I believe it was developed for Tablet PCs.

I've used the trial version and I think it's great, but I wouldn't want to waste my time with software that a developer doesn't really want to sell.