PDA

View Full Version : Keynote Discount ($30) and Free Themes for .Mac

MacRumors
Jan 21, 2004, 07:53 PM
Apple's .Mac service (http://www.mac.com/) is offering a new deal for .Mac subscribers (http://www.mac.com/1/memberbenefits.html).

For a limited time, .Mac members get Apple's Keynote presentation software for just US$69 (regularly US$99) plus seven free Keynote themes from third-party designers (a US$100 value).

The new Keynote templates were created by designers at Keynote Pro, Keynote User and Keynote Theme Park and represent a $100 value, according to Apple.

chewbaccapits
Jan 21, 2004, 07:59 PM
Nice!...Wonder if my bro could hook-up those themes...

ggbrown
Jan 21, 2004, 08:03 PM
Templates are nice for existing Keynote users......

....now give us iLife '04.

G

Stella
Jan 21, 2004, 08:05 PM
free software, blah blah blah

I'm a .Mac subscriber. Instead of offering free software, Apple should, instead, offer further .Mac functionality.

Its been 1 1/2 years of .Mac and the service has not changed at all. Apple should concentrate on adding new services to .Mac

IMO, free software is good, but now is wearing thin.

dukemeiser
Jan 21, 2004, 08:17 PM
Just something to lure more users. I'm sure Apple is worried about Spymac 3.0 cutting into it's .Mac sales.

curmi
Jan 21, 2004, 08:22 PM
It looks like once again we are left out on the US$30 discount.

No joke, Apple suck in Australia, and .Mac is a waste of money if you live here.

robotrenegade
Jan 21, 2004, 08:26 PM
Free temps!!! Nice

Freg3000
Jan 21, 2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Stella
free software, blah blah blah

I'm a .Mac subscriber. Instead of offering free software, Apple should, instead, offer further .Mac functionality.

Its been 1 1/2 years of .Mac and the service has not changed at all. Apple should concentrate on adding new services to .Mac

IMO, free software is good, but now is wearing thin.

Yeah, especially the prices of iDisk storage. I am waiting for them to drop.....

soosy
Jan 21, 2004, 08:37 PM
Agreed .Mac should not be a bonus savings program.

.Mac should attempt to give me all the benefits of a server without the pain of running & maintaining a server myself. There's more server related services they could offer.

Pismo
Jan 21, 2004, 09:06 PM
I like .Mac mostly for the e-mail, iSync, and Backup. I don't use it to host a website and I am only using a few megs to store some important files.

The discounted software is good but I already have Keynote. If Apple just gave people a $30 discount towards other apps, that would be better because people can put it towards software that they actually need. I would love to pay $69 for the Final Cut Express 2 upgrade.

FosterKanig
Jan 21, 2004, 09:32 PM
Since the offer for $30 off Keynote runs through March 17th, I guess we won't get Keynote 2.0 until at least April.

FriarTuck
Jan 21, 2004, 09:41 PM
This is nice stuff. I use Keynote a lot, and I'm grateful for the new themes.

But I would like to see 2.0 this Spring at the latest.

Rod Rod
Jan 21, 2004, 09:56 PM
I want the iPhoto book discount to come back. :)

edit: wrong word :)

sethypoo
Jan 21, 2004, 10:00 PM
.Mac is just looking better and better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's still $69.00 for educational users to sign up.....

GigaWire
Jan 21, 2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sethypoo
.Mac is just looking better and better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's still $69.00 for educational users to sign up.....

You're wrong! :p

It's 99.95 for the full deal, and there is some halved version of it for around 59 for Education Institutions.

FriarTuck
Jan 21, 2004, 10:09 PM
Now hold on just a second. The .mac promo page says "All themes come in 1024x768-pixel and 800x600-pixel sizes."

I can't find 800x600 for several of the themes (e.g., Titanium, Oceans).

Am I alone in this?

Freg3000
Jan 21, 2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by FosterKanig
Since the offer for $30 off Keynote runs through March 17th, I guess we won't get Keynote 2.0 until at least April.

I am not sure, but was the FCE offer still valid during MWSF when it was updated to 2.0?

Keynoteuser
Jan 21, 2004, 10:33 PM
curmi,

Don't worry, it's coming. I think they had problems with the Aussie store. Check tomorrow and see if you're listed in the pop-up for the Keynote deal.

Enjoy the themes all, and check my site for a discounted upgrade to the FULL version of Frames.

http://www.keynoteuser.com

FriarTuck,

Apple messed up in the specs on the KeynoteThemePark themes. All his stuff is 1024x768, but it should scale down to a smaller screen when you run the presentation. Don't blame ThemePark, Apple just didn't post his specs correctly.

iomar
Jan 21, 2004, 11:00 PM
This sounds really good. I guess it is time for me to stop using Power Point!

stingerman
Jan 21, 2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by iomar
This sounds really good. I guess it is time for me to stop using Power Point!

Keynote definitely rocks. make sure you go to the Apple Seminar site and see their free presentation video tutorial. It is the best I have see thus far.

Sabenth
Jan 22, 2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by curmi

No joke, Apple suck in Australia, and .Mac is a waste of money if you live here.

hmm have to agree there curmi i aint paing for a new Powerbook over here can by a second hand car for that much what ever version you want. i still want new features in .mac like php and other neat toys

oingoboingo
Jan 22, 2004, 01:24 AM

Interestingly, .Mac was reduced from AU$199 to AU$159 sometime in the last week or two. I wonder if this was Apple Australia responding to complaints from the community (Australian MacWorld in particular) over the pricing disparities between here and the US after the large appreciation of the $AUD.

tanlis
Jan 22, 2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Sabenth
hmm have to agree there curmi i aint paing for a new Powerbook over here can by a second hand car for that much what ever version you want. i still want new features in .mac like php and other neat toys

I will almost guarantee that you will never see such features as php in .Mac.

1) Most people do not need such features. Apple is trying to cater to the lowest common denominator.

2) It'd require alot more support. And most likely anyone that could support features like that aren't going to be answering tech support calls.

3) It'd require a big upgrade to their servers and with most people not using this feature. It wouldn't be cost effective unless they offered an upgrade price for these features and people would bitch about that price.

.Mac is supposed to be a simple place to store some files, check your email and a few other features. Nothing extravagant. People wanting/expecting it to be like a full service web host are expecting too much.

diniscorreia
Jan 22, 2004, 03:27 AM
Aaaah, great! Another discount I can't use, just cause I live in Portugal... :rolleyes:

caveman_uk
Jan 22, 2004, 03:31 AM
I was actually going to buy some of these themes a week or two ago. I'm glad I didn't:D

virividox
Jan 22, 2004, 05:27 AM
i wish i lived in the states so i could use .mac, its pathetic in manila, also global itms, hopefully by summer

johnnyjibbs
Jan 22, 2004, 07:17 AM
I have currently signed up for the 60 day free trial and I have to say that .Mac sucks.

It's useless on a slow connection and it doesn't seem to even work properly anyway (I have broadband at uni). The webpage is outdated and websites created using HomePage look outdated. I get lots of emails from Apple explaining features that were in Jaguar and haven't been updated for Panther.

The whole thing needs an overhaul and the price tag is too expensive. It sounds good in theory but it just costs too much for what little you get.

MacFinn
Jan 22, 2004, 07:36 AM
I've been using .Mac for a while now. I find it well worth the money. And these new features with iLife '04 make it even better.
And I like the themes, I already have Keynote so the discount doesn't do anything to me. Themes as part of $99 .Mac, it's a good deal.
So far I've gotten some games, Backup, Virex, Photostudio, Themes, iDisk. @mac.com email etc. And still some people say it's not worth the money. And Macs are too expensive anyway, right?

bensisko
Jan 22, 2004, 07:54 AM
This is a pretty safe bet for Apple. This deal is attrative to those who have been wanting to buy Keynote but haven't gotten around to it yet. It probably won't attract impulse buyers to buy keynote. A better deal would have eather been:
1) Keynote for $30 ($69 off) OR
2) $30 off any Apple software (could help ease the cost of iLife for some .Mac subscribers)

I would think that the most popular thing Apple could do is offer some unique add-ons (tracks I think they're called) for Garage Band. I personally wouldn't get any use out of it, but it seems like alot of .Mac subscribers probably would.

I would like to see Apple start leaning in this direction where you can get things that nobody else can through .Mac (i.e. unique Garage Band tracks). Most of the free software Apple gave away last year was over all pretty worthless. I think the next step (instead of free software) is to start offering more and better discounts on Apple software and unique goodies.

srobert
Jan 22, 2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs
I have currently signed up for the 60 day free trial and I have to say that .Mac sucks.

Well, I have been a member since day one (when it used to be free) and I can say I don't know how I could live without it. I just love I sync and the auto synching on my .mac hardrive.

It's pure freedom to be able to work on some file at work on my local idisk and then go home and having all those files up to date on my mac at home, without having to press a single button button.

I also use idisk to share some files with PC friends beside pictures. Simply give them the URL and if you want, a password too.

It's also nice to have all your computers in synch on your address book, bookmarks and calendar. I just love to have my "@mac.com" email and be able to access it from a PC too.

We're in no way obligated to use the .mac templates for a web page. You can host any web page on .mac. you can host your dream weaver made page on .mac. It works flawlessly.

I have to say that I find the backup app very usefull when the times comes to upgrade/install my OS from scratch. Install, start backup, restore and everything is just the way you left it, even yout itunes playlists.

Concerning the price. It's actually 30$ less than you think. You get a 30$ gift certificate for anything on the online apple store for renewing your subscription. I hope it'll still be there next year.

On another note, I agree that the extra idisk storage (beyond the first 100 megs) is overpriced. It must also be next to useless on anything but a broadband connection. I used to find that i ttook to long to copy files but the local copy and auto synching features solved everything. Now everything is ultra responsive.

I'm sure they can come up with more cool features in the future.

My personnal wish list:

More space for less $$$. And for Pete's sake!

Update the file sharing templates! The most recent still looks like my 3 years old graphite tower.

I'd also love for a way to design custom templates by myself.

Wilhelm
Jan 22, 2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bensisko

I would think that the most popular thing Apple could do is offer some unique add-ons (tracks I think they're called) for Garage Band.

Apple already did something very similar to this a few months ago... they had free music loops for Soundtrack (there were a lot of them, something like 2-3GB worth). Very cool.

.Mac is a great value, IMO. Well worth the money for me. :)

srobert
Jan 22, 2004, 08:31 AM
My prediction for the next .mac feature:

A way to share you garage band music with the world.

Any macrumors member who have been trying their hands at garage band? Let us know when you get your first tune put together. We'd like to hear a sneak peek.

digitalbiker
Jan 22, 2004, 10:30 AM
.Mac is fair to midland for me. I have been a user since it was a free service and have kind of tagged along for the ride.

For me the canned web pages suck, and don't usually work correctly. However you always have the option of creating your own homepage and maintaining it yourself.

The email service works but it is not nearly as reliable as most other commercial services I use. It seems .Mac is down a fair amount of time and connecting to the email server from a PC results in Outlook complaining about not connecting 1 in every 5 times it connects.

I have used iDisk to allow others to get files that were too large to email. This has been the most useful part of the service for me. But it is a little slow and windows users have to go through a bit of monkeying around with network connection settings to get it to work smoothly. Other services support PC users more smoothly with less fuss.

I have used some of the free software provided through .Mac but all combined they have not been worth the service just for the software.

Having said all that I will probably renew my .Mac service next year because all of these services combined do make the service worth the cost. I just wish Apple would put more effort into improving the service end of .Mac. Making it better to integrate with PC users who I have to deal with a lot. Improving the speed, improving the reliability, and improving support. Currently support is a nightmare! Apple doesn't provide phone support and the FAQ's are too limited. Bulletin board support is extremely slow. One time I had to wait 4 weeks for a response from an Apple rep on the bulletin board for a reply to and email issue I was having.

Ridiculous!

thatguy_youknow
Jan 22, 2004, 10:38 AM
A feature I would love to have, since I am always using WiFi in public, would be VPN. I think it would be great since I don't have access to a VPN as it is. More encryption is good encryption, esp. whe everything is going over radio waves.

iggyb
Jan 22, 2004, 11:10 AM
Here's a totally out in left field thought...

What if they upgraded .Mac and included an ISP solution, either through broadband or through dial-up? That way, novice customers would have another "all-in-one" package, just like the Mac.

I know that would be a big change in the whole .Mac scheme, but I think that would be pretty cool. Plus, the consumer would know that their ISP is Mac supported.

Not saying that you couldn't get .Mac a la carte, though. Choice is good.

Just a thought...:)

Eniregnat
Jan 22, 2004, 11:23 AM
I also started when the service was free. I lived through the "free" extension that they offered to users who were pissed off about loosing their email address. I didn't pay to keep the service up.

It's like AOL (similar but not the same). It's good for people who want a number of options and what other people to think about providing them. They are offering a Swiss army knife and it works for some.

wordmunger
Jan 22, 2004, 11:41 AM
.mac has been pretty good, but they'll need to upgrade two things before I renew again.

1. Allow .mac e-mail replies to reflect my .com e-mail address.

2. Increase iDisc space.

Dale Sorel
Jan 22, 2004, 11:57 AM
Apple should, instead, offer further .Mac functionality.

Uh, like the new iDisk in Panther ;)

Stella
Jan 22, 2004, 12:00 PM
IMO, this would be a waste of time, because it would only be available in the US.

People from outside US borders would not be happy to have to buy a service they were unable to use.

Originally posted by iggyb
Here's a totally out in left field thought...

What if they upgraded .Mac and included an ISP solution, either through broadband or through dial-up? That way, novice customers would have another "all-in-one" package, just like the Mac.

I know that would be a big change in the whole .Mac scheme, but I think that would be pretty cool. Plus, the consumer would know that their ISP is Mac supported.

Not saying that you couldn't get .Mac a la carte, though. Choice is good.

Just a thought...:)

iggyb
Jan 22, 2004, 12:02 PM
IMO, this would be a waste of time, because it would only be available in the US.

People from outside US borders would not be happy to have to buy a service they were unable to use.

I'm thinking more of an extra add-on. Perhaps an extra $200/yr to have the ISP service as well.

Photorun
Jan 22, 2004, 01:24 PM
This story has sat at the top of Page 1 since at least this morning.

jcshas
Jan 22, 2004, 02:02 PM
Maybe I was dreaming, but I thought I heard/read a rumor that Apple was working on a feature for .Mac subscribers that would enable them to access their Mac desktop remotely via the internet (similar to "go to my pc"). If Apple offered something like that I might strongly consider keeping my .Mac subscription.

digitalbiker
Jan 22, 2004, 03:07 PM
OK so what is new about iDisk in Panther. I have Panther and iDisk is basically the same as it always was. In fact, I don't think anything has changed functionally with .Mac since it's conversion from the free iTools.

srobert
Jan 22, 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by digitalbiker
OK so what is new about iDisk in Panther. I have Panther and iDisk is basically the same as it always was. In fact, I don't think anything has changed functionally with .Mac since it's conversion from the free iTools.

Have you checked the "Create a local copy of your iDisk" box in the system preferences? Make sure that the "automatically" button is also checked. I looooove that option, no more lag. Or was this feature in 10.2 also?

gothamac
Jan 22, 2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Photorun

Since last night actually, and this site has been dead for a week. With the 20th birthday of Mac fast approaching, you would think we'd be getting some juicy bits.

Squire
Jan 22, 2004, 07:28 PM
Alas, Korea's not on the list of Apple stores offering this. I don't really care, though. The educational price is lower than this offer and, according to the Terms and Conditions, they can't be used together.

I just downloaded the templates. They'll come in handy once I do buy Keynote.

My .Mac subscription is okay. The email is great and the integrated iPhoto part is good for sharing pics of my kids. However, I would like to see a better Homepage. I used to subscribe to a service called Homestead that let me build pretty decent sites. It was completely idiot-proof, too, and gave me my own domain. The Homepage sites are still too limited.

I mentioned how I like Mail but I can't check it on my PC at work. In fact, I get an error every time I log into .Mac. It's an old PC with Windows 98 installed. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Squire

Docrjm
Jan 22, 2004, 07:59 PM
No Canada Store. WTF.
Perhaps they can't cope with a stronger Canadian Dollar.

Stella
Jan 22, 2004, 09:12 PM
This is new functionality in Panther, and not, dotMac.

Originally posted by srobert
Have you checked the "Create a local copy of your iDisk" box in the system preferences? Make sure that the "automatically" button is also checked. I looooove that option, no more lag. Or was this feature in 10.2 also?

SeaFox
Jan 22, 2004, 10:39 PM
This is new functionality in Panther, and not, dotMac.

You're nitpiking now. Using that line of logic, the major updates to Backup and mutiple updates to iSync and iCal are not .Mac improvements either. Even though you must have .Mac to use them.

I agree .Mac would be overpriced if not for the free software, but only by $35 or so.

What we need is a spell-checker in Webmail.

Rower_CPU
Jan 22, 2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by SeaFox
What we need is a spell-checker in Webmail.

Just use a browser with spell checking. Apple was nice enough to make one. ;)

Glial
Jan 22, 2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs

It's useless on a slow connection and it doesn't seem to even work properly anyway (I have broadband at uni). The webpage is outdated and websites created using HomePage look outdated. I get lots of emails from Apple explaining features that were in Jaguar and haven't been updated for Panther.

The whole thing needs an overhaul and the price tag is too expensive. It sounds good in theory but it just costs too much for what little you get.

Ain't that the truth. I signed up after all the hype about how great the Panther integration is. I promptly canceled and got about a 99% refund after 2 days.

It is slow even with Broadband and just outdated.

....and now...spymac is doing MORE for free.

greenstork
Jan 23, 2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Photorun

Yes, or when you've ignored the thread all day, like me, only to finally post some offtopic response while surfing over to MR late at night, and find this thread still here :)

SeaFox
Jan 23, 2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Just use a browser with spell checking. Apple was nice enough to make one. ;)

Yeah, that's cute. That's actually the answer Apple gives.

It completely ignores logic, though.

If I was at home I would use my email software so there would be spell checking there. Or I could use a browser and OSX's spell checking (the spell check is a cocoa service, not a part of Safari, FYI).

The fact I am using Webmail means I am at a public library, internet cafe, or at work more than likely. Now, given that +90% of the computers in the world are WINDOWS machines, the chances of me being on a Mac (running OSX no less) while on a public internet access terminal (the place people are most likely to be using Webmail) is very slim wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

ZenArcade
Jan 23, 2004, 02:25 AM
because it makes buy great software for a reasonable price.

I have a life beside my G4 Cube. With a girlfriend, with a 14 year old son, with education and work; .Mac is really what I need. Do a backup, upload photo-albums or home-movies, sync my Mathematica files from my TiBook to my Cube.

.Mac is allowing me all this without the extra time of tinkering. And that.... makes it all into a bargain.

If you need Keynote, buy it. As a .Mac member, it is way cheaper than to warez it.

be good !

;)

below
Jan 23, 2004, 06:59 AM

And not only Australia...

including the .mac rebate, Apple now gracefully offers Keynote to me for $ 107.63 ( 84.68) in the German Apple Online Store.
While this is a 26% savings over the $ 145.96 ( 114.84) retail for Keynote, I think it is a shame that I still have to pay more with the rebate than my fellow US MacUsers without.

And of course, the US Store will not ship to a non-US address...

Alex

mullmann
Jan 23, 2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Squire
I mentioned how I like Mail but I can't check it on my PC at work. In fact, I get an error every time I log into .Mac. It's an old PC with Windows 98 installed. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Squire

I don't know, but I've noticed something similar. One of my relatives has a Win 98 PC, and I periodically try to check my .Mac mail when I'm over there. I've never even been able to get to www.mac.com on that PC, let alone log in, check mail, etc.

niter
Jan 23, 2004, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know how the theme promotion works? Which themes are included?

I need to get some Keynote themes, and it is a better deal for me to get the educational .Mac subscription than to get only a few themes.

Also, what is the time frame on collecting on the themes?

Thanks

Squire
Jan 23, 2004, 10:35 AM
The discount on Keynote is good until March 17, but there's no mention of an expiry date on collecting the templates. Here's what it says:

Get Seven Additional Keynote Themes

Now .Mac members have even more options for their Keynote presentations: Seven additional themes (a US$100 value) created by professional designers at Keynote Pro, Keynote User and Keynote Theme Park. Keynote Pro and Keynote User themes come in 1024x768-pixel and 800x600-pixel sizes. Keynote Theme Park themes come in 1024x768-pixel size. You can download all Keynote templates at once, or select the ones that best fit your presentation needs.

Squire

jmerk
Jan 23, 2004, 10:39 AM
caveman_uk:
it is my humble opinion that Sherlock is pretty sweet!

ex: my fiancee woke me up this morning because she needed the address to the dry cleaners to drop some things off and had never been. my PB 12" w/802.11g was sitting on the table, i opened it up, launched Sherlock, hit the "Phone Book" icon and typed in the name of the dry cleaners-bang! wrote down the address and went back to bed.

this whole process took about 45 seconds!

another example: translation. i work at a small design college with a woman who speaks little english and does recruitment of chinese students. if i ever need to correspond with her, i paste in my english text, translate it to chinese, copy that and paste it into an e-mail. BIG time-saver vs. trying to find a web-based, FREE, ACCURATE translator.

another example: movies. dates, times, locations, movie posters, quicktime previews (albeit small), maps and directions. come on. that isn't useful?
the only thing they don't have is a way to buy tickets!

i am aware that these services are offered at a myriad of places on the internet (and that sherlock basically leverages these) but who wants to launch safari, go to a bookmark, launch a site, enter in information, etc...all the time? not to mention that my Safari bookmarks bar is full of things that i must have, i don't have room for things like the phone book, a translation site, various movie sites, or the local newspapers.

i think Sherlock is great and would be even better if it were expanded! what are your complaints?

j

Squire
Jan 23, 2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jmerk
i think Sherlock is great and would be even better if it were expanded! what are your complaints?

j

Judging by his nickname (caveman_uk), I'd guess he's in the UK and not the USA. Those great services you mentioned might not be available to him. The Phone Book, Stocks, and Movie channels are just available to American customers.

Squire

Rower_CPU
Jan 23, 2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by SeaFox
Yeah, that's cute. That's actually the answer Apple gives.

It completely ignores logic, though.

If I was at home I would use my email software so there would be spell checking there. Or I could use a browser and OSX's spell checking (the spell check is a cocoa service, not a part of Safari, FYI).

The fact I am using Webmail means I am at a public library, internet cafe, or at work more than likely. Now, given that +90% of the computers in the world are WINDOWS machines, the chances of me being on a Mac (running OSX no less) while on a public internet access terminal (the place people are most likely to be using Webmail) is very slim wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

Easy there, foxy. See that wink in my post? That means I'm joking.

Let's try this again:
They should add it, just so lazy people can continue not bothering learning how to spell. :eek: :p ;)

niter
Jan 23, 2004, 12:07 PM
Squire! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

With the exception of two themes, every single one of the themes I have been drooling over is included. I figure for $60/year, but all those theme, it pays for itself. Besides, I was in need of a webaddress anyway and .Mac is cheaper than other options I have had.

Thanks again!

edit: Bummer. I just found out that I cannot get the educational discount through my university.

jmerk
Jan 23, 2004, 03:41 PM
i just went back and looked at his original post...i can't believe i missed it the first time around.
if i had been paying attention it would have struck me that he didn't find iTMS useful...
'doh!

if he is in the uk, his statement is pretty obvious in regards to iTMS. i find it interesting that Sherlock wouldn't have the same functionality in the uk that it has here. i just checked it out and the services that Sherlock leverages are:
moviefone: movies
systran: translation
switchboard: phone book
(with maps by "maps on us")

the only one that i have heard of before is moviefone. i wonder why apple doesn't just try to find comparable services in the uk, there has to be something...

sorry caveman! loved london the two days i spent there, sorry you can't get all the services that we can. hopefully they are on the way.

j

Keynoteuser
Jan 23, 2004, 05:19 PM
the Frames Standard theme from Keynoteuser.com is only the basic version. .Mac members can get an upgrade from my site for $19.95, which still saves you $15 over the full price. It comes with a heck of a lot more stuff than the standard version does. Gotta pay the bills somehow. Giving up everything on my site wasn't an option :)

Squire
Jan 23, 2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by niter
Squire! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

With the exception of two themes, every single one of the themes I have been drooling over is included. I figure for $60/year, but all those theme, it pays for itself. Besides, I was in need of a webaddress anyway and .Mac is cheaper than other options I have had.

Thanks again!

edit: Bummer. I just found out that I cannot get the educational discount through my university.

Hey! No problem. These forums are great, eh?

I can't believe that you can't get an educational discount. What if you buy the retail box online and fax them a copy of your university ID?

Also, if one of your friends has a .Mac membership already, make sure you refer them. It seems kind of a waste not to.

Good luck.

Squire

yamabushi
Jan 25, 2004, 09:43 AM
Keynote could really benefit from a lot more themes and clip art out of the box.