PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi/iTunes Superbowl Ad Details

MacRumors
Jan 23, 2004, 08:48 AM
USA Today offers (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-01-22-sb-pepsi_x.htm) details on the upcoming Pepsi/iTunes Superbowl ad campaign which will launch the 100 million iTunes song giveaway.

The new ad campaign will feature 20 teens who were sued by the Recording Industry Association of America for illegal music downloads.

In the ad, [Annie] Leith holds a Pepsi and proclaims: "We are still going to download music for free off the Internet." Then the announcer says how: "Announcing the Pepsi iTunes Giveaway."

Green Day is reported to have recorded a special version of "I Fought the Law" for the Pepsi ad. The ad will appear on Feb 1st during the Superbowl.

Regalbegal
Jan 23, 2004, 08:50 AM
hehe awesome...I love marketing..

Mudbug
Jan 23, 2004, 08:53 AM
hahahahahahahaha

that's funny stuff. I can't wait - I've already started building up my pepsi tolerance.

junior
Jan 23, 2004, 08:53 AM
Wow, Greenday used to be against iTunes. Greenday used to be totally against co-operating for TV ads.
Now they've actually made a track specifically for this ad. Apple/Pepsi must be doing something right.

Photorun
Jan 23, 2004, 08:55 AM
Green Day sold out a LLOOONNNGGGG time ago.

Henriok
Jan 23, 2004, 08:57 AM
I fought the law .. and the law won?
And.. I can now download stuff for free, but after I've purchased a sugared water. That's a new definition of free.

Well.. I'm sure the ad will get people's attention, and that's what it's made to do.

jcshas
Jan 23, 2004, 08:57 AM
LOL...now that's innovation at it's best! thanks apple.

brooklyn
Jan 23, 2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by junior
Wow, Greenday used to be against iTunes. Greenday used to be totally against co-operating for TV ads.
Now they've actually made a track specifically for this ad. Apple/Pepsi must be doing something right.

Yeah, Their offering a band that hasn't made much money lately a whole lot of money. They would’ve been stupid and starved if they hadn’t!

TranceClubMusic
Jan 23, 2004, 09:02 AM
Got Poison? :D

patmcfar8
Jan 23, 2004, 09:06 AM
I believe that is what they call a "win-win" situation. I think this Pepsi/Apple thing is going to be HUGE.

FriarTuck
Jan 23, 2004, 09:09 AM
How long before the first newspaper article with some whiny knucklehead suing Apple and Pepsi after getting scammed with phony iTunes code numbers on eBay?

This could be the biggest law & order media campaign since "Just say no." Nancy Reagan, we thank you for inspiring us.

Trekkie
Jan 23, 2004, 09:11 AM
too bad I hate pepsi.

but *that* is funny. Perfect commercial

Jerry Spoon
Jan 23, 2004, 09:13 AM
Ad looks like it will be really funny. Almost wish I hadn't read the teaser though. Those ads might be the best part of the Superbowl...no offense to any Patriots or Panthers fans. ;)

wPod
Jan 23, 2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Trekkie
too bad I hate pepsi.

any ideas of anything to mix with pepsi? a rum and coke just doesnt taste the same when it is a rum and pepsi.

second time ive switched in two years, first from win-tel to mac, and soon from coke to pepsi. . . least while the giveaway is running!!!

good ad though! good to see greenday is still. . . alive!

Gizmotoy
Jan 23, 2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by wPod
[B]any ideas of anything to mix with pepsi? a rum and coke just doesnt taste the same when it is a rum and pepsi.

I think Long Island's taste better with Pepsi. The extra sweetness of the Pepsi works to dull the Sour mix. Mmm, tasty.

thejoshu
Jan 23, 2004, 09:28 AM
Ellen Feiss 2.0...?

splashman
Jan 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
Ad looks like it will be really funny. Almost wish I hadn't read the teaser though. Those ads might be the best part of the Superbowl...no offense to any Patriots or Panthers fans. ;)

You know, it's really irritating that they interrupt all the entertaining commercials with that silly football thing. Oh well. At least it gives me time to get more beer and chips before the commercials start again. :)

brooklyn
Jan 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
What can Pepsi haters do in order to get an itunes code number?

1. Force your children to drink that crap and keep the cap.
2. Walk into a bodega and steal the caps off the bottles.
3. See if they have one of those "No Purchase Necessary Disclosers" and mail away for one.

knoxer
Jan 23, 2004, 09:31 AM
Yes, difinitely long island ice tea.... Much better with Pepsi. And I agree that rum+pepsi=bad.

balconycollapse
Jan 23, 2004, 09:31 AM
Hahaha! Great angle. It reminds me of the way The Simpsons constantly poke fun of FOX programming and Rupert Murdoch. Take that RIAA ^_^ You just know there is going to be alot of editorializing (as long as they talk about apple it will be good) about these commercials and unless there is some bombshell dropped by another company they will likely be the hit of the Superbowl. The editorializing will get irritating eventually. I can read it now "Edgy Pepsi/Apple Giveway Ad A Winner...But Sad Legal Battle Is Hotbutton Blah Blah Blah"

Bill O'Reilly "Blah Blah Blah values encourages kids to do legal thing blah blah blah underlies the blah blah isn't this just exploiting blah blah blah everything is wrong with younger people blah blah blah blah i don't know what i'm talking about but easily swayed people take my word as golden blah blah blah".

jrv3034
Jan 23, 2004, 09:35 AM
Good stuff! I agree with the above, this thing is going to be HUGE!

By itself, Pepsi and Apple both have good commercials... together they should be quite the team!:D

jvaska
Jan 23, 2004, 09:35 AM
i wish i wouldn't have read that...i would have liked the suspense...sounds like a fantastic ad (from a person who deals with advertising professionally)...

of course...i won't step foot in the states until long after this thing is over...boohoo...v

bpd115
Jan 23, 2004, 09:49 AM
I love the ad...

and may I add (rimshot)

FINALLY A NEW MACRUMORS Posting!

Things have been quiet in Apple Land......too quiet.....

paulypants
Jan 23, 2004, 09:56 AM
ugh greenday--they suck so bad
I have no interest in watching the ad
maybe I'll just turn the sound down
so I can continue to use my ears
the rest of my life

couch11
Jan 23, 2004, 09:56 AM
If you don't like pepsi per se just drink Sierra Mist. The bottles will have the codes also.

Belly-laughs
Jan 23, 2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by thejoshu
Ellen Feiss 2.0...?

Thatīs an insult! This ad is just plain bad. Worthy of Pepsi, maybe. But Apple, no. Feiss had character (or lack of it). These kids are in it just because of their bad luck and need for serious cash to pay for their previous "free" downloads.

rjwill246
Jan 23, 2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Henriok
And.. I can now download stuff for free, but after I've purchased a sugared water. That's a new definition of free.

Well you have three choices about "free."
1) The songs is free: you paid for the Pepsi
2) the Pepsi is free: you paid for the song
3) some-one forced you to buy the Pepsi

TranceClubMusic
Jan 23, 2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rjwill246
Well you have three choices about "free."
1) The songs is free: you paid for the Pepsi
2) the Pepsi is free: you paid for the song
3) some-one forced you to buy the Pepsi

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO @ New Definition of FREE :p

rickvanr
Jan 23, 2004, 10:22 AM
any ideas of anything to mix with pepsi? a rum and coke just doesnt taste the same when it is a rum and pepsi.

I recommend vanilla vodka. Poured over ice. It's quite good with the vanilla.

RHutch
Jan 23, 2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bpd115

and may I add (rimshot)

FINALLY A NEW MACRUMORS Posting!

Things have been quiet in Apple Land......too quiet.....

Soooo true. I wanted to say the same thing yesterday. I got tired of checking back and seeing nothing new. Not the site's fault, but where are the people with the good info?

SilentPanda
Jan 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
It's like having a movie spoiler on the front page of your favorite website! :(

But I dunno... the ad doesn't sound that cool. I don't know that a ton of people are really aware that the RIAA is suing people. I'd be oblivious to it if I didn't read Slashdot minutely... it almost sounds like the commercial should end with "The More You Know" or something.

SilentPanda
Jan 23, 2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by RHutch
Soooo true. I wanted to say the same thing yesterday. I got tired of checking back and seeing nothing new. Not the site's fault, but where are the people with the good info?

You can always bank on the standard info. Repeat after me:

"A new product will come out and I will want it but will not be able to afford it. Therefore I will drink Pepsi products in February to drown my sorrows."

Bear
Jan 23, 2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by FriarTuck
How long before the first newspaper article with some whiny knucklehead suing Apple and Pepsi after getting scammed with phony iTunes code numbers on eBay?

This could be the biggest law & order media campaign since "Just say no." Nancy Reagan, we thank you for inspiring us. Actually, it would be better for the idiot to sue eBay. eBay has way too many scams on it now as it is.

Photorun
Jan 23, 2004, 10:33 AM
Pepsi is way better than Coke (which is made with ground plaster and dead rats, it was better when it had cocaine) but still not good for you. A few local stores offer the six packs of plastic bottles often for sales like 2 packs for $3.00 (12 bottles), etc. With those odds I can hopefully buy like the above example and at least break even. My hopes is Sams Club will have a case for $5 (they've done it before), 24 Pepsis, five bucks, those are some good odds.

I'll probably just pour the Pepsi down the drain or use it to remove the grease stains from the garage floor.

jbembe
Jan 23, 2004, 10:37 AM
Despite Greendays' lack of music excellence they were big when I was in college and alot of their songs remind me of the times... So I hope their new Fought the Law is good 'cause I was thinking of getting 3-4 other songs of theirs. Maybe I'll get them free from my Pepsi (replacement of Mountain Dew) drinking I will be doing in the next month or so...

Mudbug
Jan 23, 2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RHutch

heh

we could make up some stuff and post it, but then we'd have to put the letters OS between Mac and Rumors. ;) :D

rdowns
Jan 23, 2004, 10:53 AM

Then you're not using enough rum.

iJon
Jan 23, 2004, 10:56 AM
that is so awesome. very clever and i cant wait to see.

iJon

punkrock
Jan 23, 2004, 11:06 AM
They must not have been able to get rights to the Clash version of I Fought the Law. I bet they try to make it sound just like it.

rogozhin
Jan 23, 2004, 11:07 AM
The Crickets, Sonny Curtis, The Bobby Fuller Four, Tom Petty, The Clash, Hank Williams Jr, Marshall Crenshaw and Sam Neely have all released versions of "I Fought the Law" since it first was written in 1959. Each of them made the song their own. Countless others have covered it as well, with varying degrees of success.

Any of these versions would have been great. The Clash would have been my personal choice (With the Dead Kennedy's "I Fought the Law and I Won" being a close second), but I guess for a commercial that showcases kids who steal music, it's only appropriate that they get a band who has stolen their act from the Clash and other real punk bands for the past 15 years.

I'll venture to guess Green Day will be playing the Joe Strummer arrangement of the Sonny Curtis classic, because they certainly wouldn't want to start bringing something new to the table this late in their careers...

crees!
Jan 23, 2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SilentPanda
But I dunno... the ad doesn't sound that cool. I don't know that a ton of people are really aware that the RIAA is suing people.

Well it was all over every news station the other day that the RIAA was going to sue some 500 plus people for illegal downloads.

Personally I can't wait for the ad, especially if it's going to poke fun at the RIAA and all the other snot-heads like them.

rueyeet
Jan 23, 2004, 11:10 AM

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this one either. That theme might win over those who are having second thoughts about file-sharing after the RIAA lawsuits, but unless they handle it JUST right, that gives the commercial the message:

"Resistance is futile. RIAA will sue your music-stealing a**, so just give it up and buy from iTunes already."

Sounds more like it links iTunes with the establishment, to me. Of course, the hard-core file-sharing people say that already. :rolleyes:

(on the rum note: Rum + Pepsi doesn't work because Pepsi has more corn syrup in it than Coke (if you don't believe me, compare their % DV of sugars), and mixing rum with it makes it even more sweet-tasting, like cough syrup. Vodka would work better.)

hughdogg
Jan 23, 2004, 11:11 AM
I don't know that a ton of people are really aware that the RIAA is suing people.

I don't know about that...I think plenty of people know about it...a freind of mine who is not a follower of tech news deleted all of her illegally downloaded MP3's because of the lawsuits, and I think the case against the young kids (10 year olds, etc) last year had big press coverage. The latest round of 532 "John Doe" lawsuits was covered by AP, CNN, etc. this week. You can't get much wider coverage than that.

I agree that it might not be a widely know as other news, but for the target audiance (teenagers and those of us with some MP3/iPod awareness), I think it is widely known.

Just my 2 cents...

Edit - crees! beat me to it...

mrsebastian
Jan 23, 2004, 11:15 AM
you know apple wasn't going to come up with some lame advertising. some of you may not like the ad concept, but i'd bet a pepsi you're going to watch it ;)

thejoshu
Jan 23, 2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Belly-laughs
Thatīs an insult! This ad is just plain bad. Worthy of Pepsi, maybe. But Apple, no. Feiss had character (or lack of it). These kids are in it just because of their bad luck and need for serious cash to pay for their previous "free" downloads.

You've seen the iTunes ad?

1macker1
Jan 23, 2004, 11:34 AM
I like the Ad, but free, i dont think so. There is no guarantee that you'll win. Hell you might be one of the unlucky souls that buy pepsi after pepsi, and have nothing to show, besides a high sugar level.

iMeowbot
Jan 23, 2004, 11:34 AM

Jack Daniels will mask the taste of anything.

edeloso
Jan 23, 2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Macrumors
Green Day is reported to have recorded a special version of "I Fought the Law" for the Pepsi ad. The ad will appear on Feb 1st during the Superbowl. [/B]

Slightly off-topic but this is a good sign for the Patriots. Their top cornerback is Ty Law. One of New England's favorite things to say after he has a good game is, "(Insert opposing QB) fought the Law, and the Law won." :-)

pbooktebo
Jan 23, 2004, 11:46 AM
I don't have a TV, but SuperBowl ads are always great. I assume that all the ads will end up online.

Does anyone know a site that might post/link many or all or the best ads of the game?

Thanks!

davetrow1997
Jan 23, 2004, 11:47 AM
Regardless of whether you think this whole promotion is a good idea or not... or like Pepsi or not... what would have been *really* cool and would have made people buy a lot more of the product.. is to make some of the caps worth an album, not just one song, free iPods under some caps, and the grand prize? *Bill Gates' head* oh, no no.. j/k.. erm.. like ten thousand downloads or something...

Knute5
Jan 23, 2004, 11:50 AM
And with a new round of RIAA indictments hitting the news. I woulda loved to be in the war room at Chiat when they came up with that one. Brilliant.

But do we expect anything less from these guys and Apple? Thanks to the law of diminishing returns, whenever Apple fails to totally wow us then we start to worry. Whereas MS can just crank out basic, mediocre stuff and everything's fine...

mraudet
Jan 23, 2004, 11:51 AM
49 posts and nobody has posted the obvious......

tres cool!

this place is slipping.

sethypoo
Jan 23, 2004, 11:59 AM
Gee, arn, thanks for spoiling it for me.

;) :p ;)

sethypoo
Jan 23, 2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Knute5

But do we expect anything less from these guys and Apple? Thanks to the law of diminishing returns, whenever Apple fails to totally wow us then we start to worry. Whereas MS can just crank out basic, mediocre stuff and everything's fine...

I was just thinking the same thing.....that topic would make a pretty neat paper on marketing.....

Sailfish
Jan 23, 2004, 12:01 PM
"Pepsi ads wink at music downloading"

oh brother....

I guess it's the right thing to do, its drawing attention to the problem and they are marketing off of it.

But the last thing kids want to hear is a speech.

Hope it doesn't flop....

nationElectric
Jan 23, 2004, 12:02 PM
Green Day and kids whipped by the system team up to hock Pepsi products with corporate-approved DRMed music. Could this be any less punk rock?

"I'm still downloading music -- only now I Obey!"

Does anyone else here see the irony with all the recent talk about Apple's 1984 ad?

"Think Different!"

sethypoo
Jan 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by nationElectric

Does anyone else here see the irony with all the recent talk about Apple's 1984 ad?

I think most of us see the irony, but we're just too busy being happy to see Apple mentioned in a Super Bowl ad.

You have a point though.

SPG
Jan 23, 2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by rogozhin
The Crickets, Sonny Curtis, The Bobby Fuller Four, Tom Petty, The Clash, Hank Williams Jr, Marshall Crenshaw and Sam Neely have all released versions of "I Fought the Law" since it first was written in 1959. Each of them made the song their own. Countless others have covered it as well, with varying degrees of success.

Any of these versions would have been great. The Clash would have been my personal choice (With the Dead Kennedy's "I Fought the Law and I Won" being a close second), but I guess for a commercial that showcases kids who steal music, it's only appropriate that they get a band who has stolen their act from the Clash and other real punk bands for the past 15 years.

I'll venture to guess Green Day will be playing the Joe Strummer arrangement of the Sonny Curtis classic, because they certainly wouldn't want to start bringing something new to the table this late in their careers...

Exactly, but maybe a little bit more of a play on the Dead Kennedy's "Drinking beer in the hot sun, I fought the law and I won" turned into "Drinking Pepsi in the hot sun, I fought the law and got some?"
Jello Biafra is spinning in his grave and he's not even dead yet.

ShadowHunter
Jan 23, 2004, 12:08 PM
Green Day and kids whipped by the system team up to hock Pepsi products with corporate-approved DRMed music. Could this be any less punk rock?

"I'm still downloading music -- only now I Obey!"

"Think Different!"

How is it not thinking diferent?? iTMS is about the most original concept on the internet since eBay. Instead of doing something illegal and getting themselves sued into oblivion by a Neo-Fascist organization, they can do what they did before for free. Sounds different to me!

Earendil
Jan 23, 2004, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rogozhin

Any of these versions would have been great. The Clash would have been my personal choice (With the Dead Kennedy's "I Fought the Law and I Won" being a close second), but I guess for a commercial that showcases kids

Bingo. People like my Dad, who are techy enough to know about iTunes, yet grew up with the morals to think MusicSharing is illigal, have jumped on iTunes. Kids like my 16 year old Siblings (yes, plural, *sigh*), who have no such moral delimas won't use iTunes, unless they like the band, or unless they actually get some money". Besides, kids are all about cool, and it won't take too many people saying they "won" (who doesn't like bragging that they won?) free songs to their friends before people want to give it a shot.

My Point- adults, for the most part, have no alterative. Once informed of iTunes they will either use it or keep going to wal-mart to get music CDs. Kids on the other hand are into a much harder market that will be harder to persway from their ways. And the future isn't the adults, it's the kids. If every kid grows up sharing music, and nothing were done, in 60 years EVERYONE would be sharing music on the web and not buying it. they are targeting the audience that needs to change.

And how that concerns your post. I've never heard of any of those guys and I'm 19 with a father to thank for knowing (and enjoying) people like Tom Petty, and other such old folk. But many kids haven't had my luxgsury, and so want to hear someone they know. Most kids under 25 are going to know who they are. Besides, when they actually play something soft, they sound good ;)

90% of their music is not quite to my taste. But when they play a soft song, and tey do, it is a bit different, and normally to my taste. I wouldn't put them into a "never change style due to late carree" catagory quite yet.

Earendil
Tyler

andyduncan
Jan 23, 2004, 12:19 PM

wait, people mix things with their liquor? On purpose?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't abuse alcohol; I take very good care of it."

ubadojw1
Jan 23, 2004, 12:31 PM
A Jack & Coke should not substitute Pepsi. Since Pepsi has a sweeter taste you need to use a sweet liquor. Since Rum isn't cutting it try a Coconut Rum, or use Crown Royal. Though the best combination of Crown Royal is with Royal Crown Cola.

AirUncleP
Jan 23, 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Photorun
Green Day sold out a LLOOONNNGGGG time ago.

Let it go dude, just let it go.

Doctor Q
Jan 23, 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by pbooktebo
I don't have a TV, but SuperBowl ads are always great. I assume that all the ads will end up online.

Does anyone know a site that might post/link many or all or the best ads of the game?

Thanks! Last year, after the game, there was a web site that had all of the Superbowl ads. If there's an equivalent this year, you can probably use Google to find it after the game.

By the way, for those of you who didn't read the fine print, the Pepsi/iTunes promotion says "no purchase necessary". You can send them a self-addressed stamped envelope and get a free game piece, with a 1/3 chance like the bottles have. Of course, that'll cost you $2.22 in postage on average for each 99 cent tune! If you live in Vermont, it's only $1.11 because you don't have to pay the return postage. You'll almost break even!

Rower_CPU
Jan 23, 2004, 12:45 PM
Wow, lot's of liquor "connoisseurs" in this thread. ;)

One of the best things I've had mixed with Pepsi is Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin. Mighty tasty...

wdlove
Jan 23, 2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Last year, after the game, there was a web site that had all of the Superbowl ads. If there's an equivalent this year, you can probably use Google to find it after the game.

By the way, for those of you who didn't read the fine print, the Pepsi/iTunes promotion says "no purchase necessary". You can send them a self-addressed stamped envelope and get a free game piece, with a 1/3 chance like the bottles have. Of course, that'll cost you $2.22 in postage on average for each 99 cent tune! If you live in Vermont, it's only $1.11 because you don't have to pay the return postage. You'll almost break even!

Actually I'm looking forward to purchasing Pepsi next month. I drink soda anyway, so it will be nice to receive a gift. A 1/3 chance sounds good to me. Besides Steve ask us to drink Pepsi.

My wife says that she plans to purchase Pepsi! :)

How many ads were availabe Doctor Q? Were they all in one place? Such as do you just do a search for Super Bowl Ads?

edenwaith
Jan 23, 2004, 01:09 PM
Heh, heh. Reminds me of the time when the Napster creator appeared on MTV while wearing a Metallica shirt. Now if one wants to talk about a band which has lost all credibility...well, I need not say any more.

nationElectric
Jan 23, 2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHunter
How is it not thinking diferent?? iTMS is about the most original concept on the internet since eBay. Instead of doing something illegal and getting themselves sued into oblivion by a Neo-Fascist organization, they can do what they did before for free. Sounds different to me!

Sure it's different. You're funneling money to the Neo-Fascist organization in question through Apple and Pepsi instead of through Tower Records. That's different. You're paying money for a product that is designed around the fundamental assumption that you're a criminal. That's pretty different. You're doing all of this in an environment where someone is screening the content and making judgement calls about what music you should and shouldn't have access to. That's certainly different from the old p2p networks.

What might be more different, though, would be a system like Weed (http://www.weedshare.com/), which tries to make file sharing profitable for everyone, thus encouraging legitimacy through a carrot instead of a stick. What might be more different than that would be labels like Warp Records (http://www.warprecords.com/bleep/) throwing out the entire assumption that their customers are criminals and simply selling people mp3's. These are creative, legitimate alternatives to the current system. Hopefully there will be more.

iTunes is just an online store. It's a very nice online store, although the selection is a little limited for my taste. That's fine and all, but it's not terribly Different. It's still built on all the assumptions and prejudices that the RIAA has been railing on about for years. The music giveaway is nice, but it's a limited offer to further entrench iTMS, which ultimately helps keep organizations like the RIAA in power. iTMS is a boutique, not a revolution.

"I fought the law and the law won" is really a pretty fitting sentiment here.

brooklyn
Jan 23, 2004, 01:19 PM
http://www.top20fun.com/images/pictures/0259.jpg

I think it's funny!

splashman
Jan 23, 2004, 01:35 PM
You're paying money for a product that is designed around the fundamental assumption that you're a criminal.

Hmmm. Well, we all see what we want to see, I guess.

El Tritoma
Jan 23, 2004, 01:41 PM
Whenever I think that Apple commercials are not quite as good as I think they should be, I see a MS Office commercial that is embarrassingly bad and I feel a lot better. :)
Not sure if this is a good sign for the Patriots or not. The other team happens to have a particularly relevant nickname (conspiracy theories abound now for how both teams made this Superbowl!).

bankshot
Jan 23, 2004, 01:49 PM
"A new product will come out and I will want it but will not be able to afford it. Therefore I will drink Pepsi products in February to drown my sorrows."

Don't forget that the new product is 5 times better than the one you just bought for the same price yesterday! :p

Back on topic, anyone know a good place that sells the 20-oz or 32-oz bottles fairly cheap? Most places only sell them individually for like $1.20 or more, when you can get more than twice the liquid in a 2-liter for under a buck. If you consider the difference in price between these bottles and my usual 2-liters, I sorta doubt if I'd break even with the 1/3 iTunes songs... :confused:

Not that a little economics sense is gonna stop me from being a consumer whore and buying into it. :D

bankshot
Jan 23, 2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by El Tritoma
Not sure if this is a good sign for the Patriots or not. The other team happens to have a particularly relevant nickname (conspiracy theories abound now for how both teams made this Superbowl!).

No kidding. I'll be rooting for the Carolina 10.3! :D

Belly-laughs
Jan 23, 2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by thejoshu
You've seen the iTunes ad?

No, obviously. Difference; Feiss was herself, these aint.

If she was being sued by the RIAA, however...

nationElectric
Jan 23, 2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by splashman
Hmmm. Well, we all see what we want to see, I guess.

True, but it's not some pie-in-the-sky ivory tower speculation. I have a bunch of computers that I do a bunch of weird, but perfectly legal, things with. DRM, even DRM which gives me "generous personal use rights" -- or more accurately, a "generous" subset of my actual personal use rights -- complicates my life.

If I've got a file that deliberately restricts how many computers I can use it on, what kind of computers I can use it on, what kind of audio software I can play it on, what kind of portable players I can play it on, and requires me to be "reauthorized" by a central agency if I have the misfortune to lose a hard drive, what else am I supposed to think? These are all problems I have to deal with as a paying customer because there is an assumption that the user (read: me) may have stolen the file or may be attempting to illegally give it away. It's a system that punishes those who legitimately purchase their content.

It's not a big deal for a song or two. But if I'm planning on building a music collection of hundreds or thousands of songs (at a buck a pop) that I'll want to keep for years, it becomes a significant consideration.

wPod
Jan 23, 2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by andyduncan
wait, people mix things with their liquor? On purpose?

unfortunatly yes, when you are a poor college student who maxed out their credit card on a 12" PB the only kind of liquor you can affoard you MUST mix with something to avoid the horrendous taste of the cheap alcohol.

and to everyone, thanks for the great ideas to mix with pepsi. . . ill have to have a pepsi mixing SB party so i can try all of the varieties!

as for the ad, i think it is well targeted and will have a good effect. the idea sounds like it will get people's attention and the give-away on the caps will certain entice people away from other music serivces!!!

Westside guy
Jan 23, 2004, 02:33 PM

"I'd like a rum and Pepsi... hold the Pepsi."

ddbean
Jan 23, 2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by mrsebastian
you know apple wasn't going to come up with some lame advertising. some of you may not like the ad concept, but i'd bet a pepsi you're going to watch it ;)

Not to nit-pick, but according to macworld, this is NOT an Apple commercial or an Apple-sponsored event. It's "solely" sponsored by Pepsi.

jeffy.dee-lux
Jan 23, 2004, 03:00 PM
Just mix the pepsi with some Molson Ex and give it a good shake.

On another topic, i think apple should open up iTunes Canada and strike a deal with one of our wonderful canadian beer companies.

nickmcghie
Jan 23, 2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ddbean
Not to nit-pick, but according to macworld, this is NOT an Apple commercial or an Apple-sponsored event. It's "solely" sponsored by Pepsi.

umm..read what he wrote again..he did NOT say it is an Apple commercial or an Apple-sponsored event..in fact, he said exactly the opposite

i hate it when ppl glance at something and immediately respond without thinking twice

rickvanr
Jan 23, 2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jeffy.dee-lux
Just mix the pepsi with some Molson Ex and give it a good shake.

does this mask the taste of beer? as im not a fan of it

Doctor Q
Jan 23, 2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
How many ads were availabe Doctor Q? Were they all in one place? Such as do you just do a search for Super Bowl Ads? All of them, as I remember it. Yes, all at one site, which let you watch them as small videos. I suggest that you just search for "superbowl ads" or "superbowl advertising" or "superbowl advertisements". I'll post if find a specific site. And, of course, you could always watch and/or tape the game.

ITR 81
Jan 23, 2004, 04:10 PM

Well.. I'm sure the ad will get people's attention, and that's what it's made to do.

There are two ver. of the song.

"I fought the law and the law one."
Song that Mike Ness sang on recent album.
or
"I fought the law and I won."
Song that the DK sang back in the day.

I voted negative..because I thought Apple was suppose to get on the good side of the RIAA, but according this article Apple and Pepsi will be smacking the RIAA in the face.

RIAA gives Apple the rights to use the music to sale and then Apple throws it in their faces.

RIAA will probably start slam campaign against Apple now and throw all support behind everyone else(including MS).

P2P people don't give a crap about it being free for few months. They want it free all the time.

This is not a positive commerical and will not due well long term.
This is just like the "Lemmings" commerical all over again.

Nermal
Jan 23, 2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by brooklyn
What can Pepsi haters do in order to get an itunes code number?

3. See if they have one of those "No Purchase Necessary Disclosers" and mail away for one.

Yes, they do.

No Purchase Necessary. To receive one free game piece and a copy of Official Rules, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked on or before 3/31/04 to: Pepsi iTunes Game Piece, P.O. Box 9205, Young America, MN 55558-9205. Residents of the state of VT may omit return postage. Limit one free game piece per request per stamped outer envelope. Pepsi-Cola Company (“Sponsor”) assumes no liability for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or postage-due mail or requests.

pgwalsh
Jan 23, 2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by knoxer
Yes, difinitely long island ice tea.... Much better with Pepsi. And I agree that rum+pepsi=bad. Jack and Coke or Jim Beam and Pepsi... c'mon we all know that's how it goes.

Makosuke
Jan 23, 2004, 06:06 PM
From the sound of it Pepsi was entirely responsible for the campaign, not Apple, so you can't exactly blame Apple whether it's good or bad. I don't know whether Apple had any approval rights or not, so they may or may not be responsible for some of the blame if the ads suck. Personally, I like the concept, but I'm not sure whether it'll work on a large scale or not.

And as for the iTMS being "the man", that's really not fair in a number of ways. In a perfect world, you'd be able to either buy CDs and rip them freely without any hairy gorilla breathing down your neck or slapping copy protections on the CD, or buy unprotected digital copies of music on the internet.

The world's not perfect. The "get something for nothing" attitude of net folk is mildly annoying to me, but it was largely a response to a need--people wanted easily available digital music, and the RIAA was not making it readily available to them, because they were so attached to the overpriced physical media and its distribution channels. People want inexpensive downloads. Don't give them an option, and they'll go elsewhere.

Which brings us to the iTMS. Assuming you want to create an online music store at this point in time, and you want to be as fair as possible to your consumers, you have two choices:

a) Sell only music from indie or forward thinking bands that are willing to accept unprotected music.

or

b) Make the RIAA happy with your copy protection scheme.

In the case of (a), some small online stores do this, but your selection is going to be exceedingly limited for as long as the current studio system persists, which may be a long, long time. In the case of (b), you have restrictions, but a wide variety of popular music. Apple chose (b), because that's what people want.

And, by all accounts, they fought tooth and nail to get the relatively leinent (in comparison to other alternatives) licencing agreement we enjoy today, further opening up the same less restrictive terms to others. I'd bet money if Steve could've gotten a deal for unprotected files he would have, but that just isn't going to happen in the real world.

Don't forget, after all, that Apple uses no product activation or other copy protection schemes with its own software.

They're the good guys on this one, they're just doing it subtly.

Keep in mind that iTMS also has quite reasonable licencing terms for indies--certainly better than what big record labels give bands.

El Tritoma
Jan 23, 2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ITR 81
I voted negative..because I thought Apple was suppose to get on the good side of the RIAA, but according this article Apple and Pepsi will be smacking the RIAA in the face.

I thought I read on CNN that a RIAA spokesperson said that this was a good commercial from their point of view, that it was getting people to try legal downloads instead of what they had been doing.

ariza910
Jan 23, 2004, 06:23 PM
Greenday singing ... I fought the law and I won/ the law won....just doesnt make any sense.

What is there to feel good about, yeah we fought the RIAA by using P2P and got sued. but thanks for Pepsi/Apple for offering us a 1 in 3 chance of winning a free song. life is so much better now.

stupid.

Does no one at these ad agencies try anymore. The target market for iPods will be so turned off by this campaign, it makes me sick.

all you need to do is announce the give away, leave the Greenday song and the message of "theres a legal way to download" behined. no one is going to care for it because its coming from a corporation (Pepsi).

Greenday is just validating all those critics that accused the band of selling out. Why Greenday? you guys were so good

applekid
Jan 23, 2004, 06:59 PM
My school has only Pepsi vending machines, so bottoms up :)

Plenty of computer nerds around, too, so I think we'll see Pepsi make some good money.

But I think the deal is overpriced. A bottle of Pepsi at school is a buck. I'm paying a penny more to buy from the iTMS!!!! :(

splashman
Jan 23, 2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by applekid
My school has only Pepsi vending machines, so bottoms up :)

Plenty of computer nerds around, too, so I think we'll see Pepsi make some good money.

But I think the deal is overpriced. A bottle of Pepsi at school is a buck. I'm paying a penny more to buy from the iTMS!!!! :(

Actually, since only 1 in 3 bottles is a winner, each song (on average) will cost you $3. :eek:

Of course, you'd have to be cranially challenged to approach it that way. If you already drink a lot of Pepsi (or are willing to switch), the songs are a free bonus. :)

This whole thing reminds me of that famous description: "A lottery is a tax on people who can't do math."

ddbean
Jan 23, 2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nickmcghie
umm..read what he wrote again..he did NOT say it is an Apple commercial or an Apple-sponsored event..in fact, he said exactly the opposite

i hate it when ppl glance at something and immediately respond without thinking twice

I have re-read what he/she wrote and he/she does imply that Apple is responsible for this ad. What else could be meant by "you know apple wasn't going to come up with some lame advertising." ? But really sorry I brought it up...drink up everyone

couch11
Jan 23, 2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ariza910
Why Greenday? you guys were so good

LOL

hokka
Jan 23, 2004, 08:02 PM
What might be more different, though, would be a system like Weed (http://www.weedshare.com/), which tries to make file sharing profitable for everyone, thus encouraging legitimacy through a carrot instead of a stick. What might be more different than that would be labels like Warp Records (http://www.warprecords.com/bleep/) throwing out the entire assumption that their customers are criminals and simply selling people mp3's. These are creative, legitimate alternatives to the current system. Hopefully there will be more.

I'm sick of seeing dickh**ds speaking of Warp Records's bleep.com as an example - from what I can tell:

1]. You don't listen to Warp's stuff - they are very eclectic, so eclectithat their normal CDs found in stores (if you're lucky finding them in mainsteam stores in the first place) are so ridiculously priced unless you're a fan, no one would buy it; regardless how ever nice the packaging is...

2]. Their mp3 download is also over-priced - just for some non-legible beeps & bangs (again, try tell everyone to put Aphix Twin on at a house party and you'll see all things thrown at you)

3]. Bleep.com went online because they don't think their stuff would sell on iTMS (see point 1&2) and They won't make as much money - which is all true, look at their price of the mp3s.

4]. Everyone is out to make a buck, not some charity or to stands on some moral ground to save the recording industry or please the fans, unless YOU don't work for money, you should look around more and see how the world really turns;

You need to think different my friend!

rdowns
Jan 23, 2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ubadojw1
A Jack & Coke should not substitute Pepsi. Since Pepsi has a sweeter taste you need to use a sweet liquor. Since Rum isn't cutting it try a Coconut Rum, or use Crown Royal. Though the best combination of Crown Royal is with Royal Crown Cola.

A G5 Royal Crown Cube(d)?

OK, I had a few beers.

Makosuke
Jan 23, 2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ariza910
no one is going to care for it because its coming from a corporation (Pepsi).Last I checked, 90% of consumers aren't nearly aware enough, even on a superficially counter-culture level, to care much that the message is coming from a corporation, so long as the corp is pushing an image they like. If the mainstream cared that much, there'd be a lot more than two major cola brands in vending machines.

I'm guessing (hoping, really) that the message is going to be a sort of backhanded jab at the RIAA--"We got screwed by the mega-song-corps, but [wink] you don't have to. Go have a Pepsi."

RIAA is superficially happy, because it's promoting legal downloading, teens willing to buy a prepackaged counterculture image (which most are) will get the reference and hopefully think it's cool, parents won't care either way and will just see the free tunes.

Does seem like a minefield of potential backlash from both sides (RIAA and consumers), but hey, at least they've got the guts to try something weird (sure isn't what I was imagining). Hope it doesn't backfire.

theRebel
Jan 23, 2004, 10:39 PM
These kids are in it just because of their bad luck and need for serious cash to pay for their previous "free" downloads.

Bad luck??? They broke the law and they got caught. It was not just because of their bad luck; it was because they chose to blatantly violate the law.

Also, $3000 does not really constitute "serious cash" but if they had had to work to earn it then at least it would have been some kind of lesson for them.

Unfortunately, instead, now they are are being rewarded for their bad behavior. They are being paid to be in a major nationwide Super Bowl ad in which they get to be cool and joke about it.

It hardly sounds like bad luck to me.

Maybe I should start pirating music and see if I have the bad luck of being paid to help launch a major national ad campaign. :rolleyes:

splashman
Jan 24, 2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by hokka
4]. Everyone is out to make a buck, not some charity or to stands on some moral ground to save the recording industry or please the fans, unless YOU don't work for money, you should look around more and see how the world really turns.

Finally, some common sense! Thank you for pointing out what should be obvious to everyone, but apparently isn't. Businesses are started and operated to make a profit. As much profit as possible, as long as they can get away with it.

No doubt many corporations engage in illegal or unethical practices to bolster their profits, but the only difference between them and us is that they are in a position to do it much more effectively. The majority (if not the entirety) of the general population engages in illegal or unethical practices when they think they won't get caught. For instance, income tax "errors", P2P file swapping, "borrowing" office supplies, taking extra sick days, speeding on the highway . . .

I'm not justifying illegal or unethical behavior on the part of corporations, nor am I preaching about the behavior of individuals -- I speed, too. I'm just pointing out that if a kid is not taught to respect authority (think P2P), he's not going to magically become a saint when, 20 years later, he gets the corner office. And while it would be nice if CEOs used their positions to promote ethical behavior, it is just a wee bit hypocritical to hold them to a higher standard than the rest of us.

nationElectric
Jan 24, 2004, 02:06 AM
hokka ponders:
I'm sick of seeing dickh**ds speaking of Warp Records's bleep.com as an example - from what I can tell blah blah blah

First off, matters of taste: I have heard Aphex Twin, I do like them, and since I do work for my money I'd rather not have someone trade me a crippled product for it. I'll leave the issue of whether or not I'm a "dickh**d" to the reader.

That established, let's see if I understand your argument: You resent bleep's success because they might've been censored by iTMS and figured they'd get more of the profits if they cut out the middlemen. Also, their stuff costs more.

So, their songs are a whopping US$.36 more, aren't DRM'ed, are encoded at higher quality than iTMS, and half of the profit goes directly to the artist, so I don't think you can get too huffy about the price. That aside, you're basically making my case for me. By stepping outside of the system -- a system which might refuse to even acknowledge them -- they're better off, their customers are better off, and their artists are better off. It sounds like the only reasons you resent them so much is that you don't like their catalog, and they're not owned by Apple. Which is fine and all, but it's not exactly an argument against them.

Think Critically.

nationElectric
Jan 24, 2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Makosuke
From the sound of it Pepsi was entirely responsible for the campaign, not Apple, so you can't exactly blame Apple whether it's good or bad. I don't know whether Apple had any approval rights or not, so they may or may not be responsible for some of the blame if the ads suck. Personally, I like the concept, but I'm not sure whether it'll work on a large scale or not...

You make some valid points. You might not guess it, but I did arrive at my opinion through a fairly balanced process.

I do like that the Apple is (somewhat) open to indies through things like cdbaby.com, and I'll be honest and say that it took me a while to make up my mind on the DRM issue. It seemed like a decent compromise and all, I could understand where Apple was coming from, and so on. And then I sat down and seriously considered spending a bunch of money to build my music collection through it, and it just didn't look like a wise long-term investment. The quality could be better, it's restrictive, and there's all kinds of potential for technical complications. It's a compromise, sure, but it's not a compromise with ME, the paying customer. It's a compromise with the copyright infringers, which I get to pay for. That's just not cricket.

Nor, for that matter, is it punk rock. ;)

ph_555_shag
Jan 24, 2004, 05:10 AM
Here in AUS we get the super-bowl, but from what i can remember they replace the ads, with ones from here, WHICH IS TOTALY USELESS THANK U VERY MUCH
i mean who in Aus ACTULY cares about what americans call football...............(u want real football? www.afl.com.au ,but lets not get into that)....................... NOT MANY, I WANT THE ADDS .... :'(

Ok I'm finished now....

Belly-laughs
Jan 24, 2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by theRebel
Bad luck???

Yes. Being the ones sued is bad luck. Of course, what came later isnīt.

I agree, bad signals all over.

hokka
Jan 24, 2004, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nationElectric
First off, matters of taste: I have heard Aphex Twin, I do like them...

Would you buy their whole catelogue? or just Aphex Twin? You do not represent the general public I'm afraid and personal taste is - just that, personal taste and that was not my point but only serve as a way to show profit was the point.

So, their songs are a whopping US$.36 more, aren't DRM'ed, are encoded at higher quality than iTMS, and half of the profit goes directly to the artist

U$.36extra x 10tracks = US$3.6extra and that my friend is a rip-off for any compressed format and it proves MY point that it also reflects how much they rip the fans off (as a direct reflection to their CD prices);

And yes they maybe encoded at a higher rate, but so what? It's all just beeps n' bangs, all digital in the first place... why not just buy their CDs then if you're so concerned with it?

Half the profit goes to the artist, now, tell me where does the other half go? Is that fair? com'on now, after all, following your logic, why should a lable get any if all they are doing is repackage an artist's work and putting it online? couldn't we just buy it from (for example) Richard D James (Aka. Aphex Twin)'s site? who's ripping who off? and how critical are you really?

That aside, you're basically making my case for me. By stepping outside of the system -- a system which might refuse to even acknowledge them -- they're better off, their customers are better off, and their artists are better off. It sounds like the only reasons you resent them so much is that you don't like their catalog, and they're not owned by Apple. Which is fine and all, but it's not exactly an argument against them.

Do you live in the real world my friend? 'cos the last time I checked, in the real world we are constarined by common laws and other systems of law, if we don't follow them, nothing would get produced, no one would get paid, think of the big picture than your own little idiology what most would not only laugh at you, but if you fringe upon them you could loose all your freedom of thought/act (I wouldn't want you to go to prison dude).

I don't resent Warp at all, matter of fact I own ****loads of their catelogue on CD (I used Aphex Twin as an example 'cos he's prob the most well known form such a lable), I was only pointing out the general public could careless of their music (and more so, if it's ON-LINE) because firstly I don't defend my taste in music, but I UNDERSTAND music (much like how a DJ knows what to play to keep the crowd happy) plus, what they produce are still very eclectic at this point in time so it's not for everyone...

Maybe in the future they will learn by having the catelogue on say iTMS, they could get more exposure and make more profit in the long run. They are a lable after all (regardless of fame or size).

Pls think again!

theRebel
Jan 24, 2004, 09:58 AM
Yes. Being the ones sued is bad luck. Of course, what came later isnīt.

I agree, bad signals all over.

Your previous post stated "These kids are in it just because of their bad luck . . ."

They were not sued "just because of their bad luck." It is not as if they were just randomly selected. These kids was pirating music and distributing it on a fairly large scale. It was not just a couple songs; they were each dealing with hundreds or thousands of songs.

Belly-laughs
Jan 24, 2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by theRebel
Your previous post stated "These kids are in it just because of their bad luck . . ."

They were not sued "just because of their bad luck." It is not as if they were just randomly selected. These kids was pirating music and distributing it on a fairly large scale. It was not just a couple songs; they were each dealing with hundreds or thousands of songs.

Fair enough. Theyīre in it because they got caught.

I was in my original post only trying to explain why I donīt feel this ad will be able to hold an "Ellen Feiss" status. And luck, good or bad, was not intended to get the point across.

Earendil
Jan 24, 2004, 12:59 PM
I think you guys are missing the big deal here, and would appear to be fighting over (you know who you are :D) pretty petty things.

The big deal here is the fact that tens of thousands of people that have never heard of iTunes or the iTMS (let alone Apple in some cases) will be winning a product that will involve them, and let's be clear on this because it gets me all excited andl warm feeling inside, Going to Apple.com, surfing the site to DL iTunes, and then using iTunes. Can you guys not see how HUGE this is?!!

70% market share is about to make a huge jump...
do we have figures on how many people Pepsi claims buy their product? Do we know how many indavidules have bought music?

I bet a pretty large percentage of the purchased music is still Apple users...there is a percentage I want to see DROP :D

Earendil
Tyler

yamabushi
Jan 25, 2004, 12:19 AM
I don't like the idea for this ad at all. I might change my mind once I see it. I just don't see how this is going to appeal to the target audience. The buzz from it will increase sales in the short term. However, if done poorly it could make both Pepsi and Apple appear a lot less "cool" in the minds of consumers.

Doctor Q
Jan 25, 2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by yamabushi
I don't like the idea for this ad at all. I might change my mind once I see it. I just don't see how this is going to appeal to the target audience. The buzz from it will increase sales in the short term. However, if done poorly it could make both Pepsi and Apple appear a lot less "cool" in the minds of consumers. Please explain why, yamabushi. Pepsi drinkers will like to win something free, even if they have to download some free software to use it. Some Coke (or other) drinkers might switch to Pepsi and find they like it. Apple may not gain any "cool" points by the association with Pepsi, which is just a run-of-the-mill drink, but there's nothing "uncool" about Pepsi either. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I just don't see the downside.

winmacguy
Jan 25, 2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Earendil
I think you guys are missing the big deal here, and would appear to be fighting over (you know who you are :D) pretty petty things.

The big deal here is the fact that tens of thousands of people that have never heard of iTunes or the iTMS (let alone Apple in some cases) will be winning a product that will involve them, and let's be clear on this because it gets me all excited andl warm feeling inside, Going to Apple.com, surfing the site to DL iTunes, and then using iTunes. Can you guys not see how HUGE this is?!!

70% market share is about to make a huge jump...
do we have figures on how many people Pepsi claims buy their product? Do we know how many indavidules have bought music?

I bet a pretty large percentage of the purchased music is still Apple users...there is a percentage I want to see DROP :D

Absolutely. 80 Million Americans watching the Superbowl and all paying extra special attention to the advertising (never mind the game) in the ad breaks. Pepsi's extra special Superbowl ad comes on flashing a FREE song give away from the internet when you purchase a Pepsi drink with a 1 in 3 chance of winning. If that doesnt double or quaduple iTMS market penetration/mindshare in the US nothing will.

Earendil
Tyler

iPC
Jan 26, 2004, 07:11 PM
Boring!

In the ad, [Annie] Leith holds a Pepsi and proclaims: "We are still going to download music for free off the Internet." Then the announcer says how: "Announcing the Pepsi iTunes Giveaway.
That is quite the letdown, that and the 20th going by with nothing...

:rolleyes:

Mason
Jan 26, 2004, 10:36 PM
I just posted a link to a Pepsi SuperBowl ad in the General Apple and Tech discussion thread.

[http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57604]

wdlove
Jan 27, 2004, 11:53 AM
I agree with Doctor Q, this promotion will be a win win situation for Apple & Pepsi. iTunes has already been proven to be a winner. Now more will be introduced to the Music Store.