PDA

View Full Version : 10.1.5 to Panther

Inkmonkey
Jan 23, 2004, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone. I never upgraded to Jaguar (still on 10.1.5). I know, I know...shame!

Anyway, I think I'm ready for Panther. Has anyone else gone from 10.1.5 straight to Panther?

Any issues? Advice? Just don't want any surprises. I think I need to be held and rocked gently.

Thanks in advance!

Horrortaxi
Jan 23, 2004, 09:23 PM
I just installed Panther on somebody's 600mhz iBook, which had been running 10.1. It seemed to be running just fine. This was a clean install, however. Do a clean install if possible. If you can't back up your data for some reason then the archive and install option is your next best bet. You could probably do a straight upgrade and have no problems, but most of the Panther problems I've heard of were on systems where Panther was installed over an older OS X. I haven't seen one in person though.

michaelwarren89
Jan 23, 2004, 09:57 PM
I've done the same on my iMac 700Mhz G4, absolutley no problems whatsoever. It TRULY is like having a whole new mac if upgrading from 10.1

wiredsc
Jan 24, 2004, 09:40 AM
I think I may have a problem with my system. I have used two versions of Panther mine, and my friends.

When panther is installing base system part 2 it reaches 98% and then states 'There were errors during installation try again'

I am coming off 10.1.5 I have backed up the files i want on an external HD which is now unattached, I partitioned my HD prior to installation and put settings to erase 10.1.5 and install Panther, but because I have tried the installation so many times, there are no reminants of 10.1.5 so its just a clean installation.

ANY HELP WOULD BE SOOO GREATLY APPRECIATED I AM OUT OF IDEAS!!!

HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

virividox
Jan 24, 2004, 09:50 AM
i did a upgrade on an ibook running the 10.1

its working fine no glitches yet.

wiredsc
Jan 24, 2004, 09:54 AM
I keep getting an error whilst installing

the log says something about an invalid header?!