Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphacourt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
I moved my wife's iTunes library from a PC by copying the whole iTunes folder from Windows "My Music" to Mac, then opening the iTunes Music Library.xml on the Mac (using TextWrangler) and doing a wholesale "Search and Replace" where "Replace" was "C:\Documents and Settings\Monica\My Documents\My Music" and "with" was "file://localhost/Users/Monica/Music/", IIRC

Create a single-file Library on a Mac and take a look into the xml file on a Mac and on the PC so you'd catch the difference between them (the data from <key>Music Folder</key> on the Mac and the relevant one on the PC will be helpful to sort out the paths)

Edit: and I think I did delete all the iTunes files except from the .xml one on the Mac and jsut let the library rebuild...

alphacourt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Thanks, hwojtek. I tried that just after posting last night - when i save the XML file and start iTunes it seem to revert back their old locations - file://localhost/F:/ME/iTunes/iTunes%20Music - although any files that i've manually replaced in iTunes retain the correct location - file://localhost/Users/Me/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.