PDA

View Full Version : How often do you sync your iPod?

someone28624
Oct 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
Kinda curious to see the variety of responses.

soberbrain
Oct 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
Once a day (on weekdays for podcasts) and every other weekend or so.

northy124
Oct 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
Once every 2 months.

sushi
Oct 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
Everyday for Podcasts.

brn2ski00
Oct 1, 2008, 10:22 AM
I usually sync after I download any new content because my main iPod just sits on a Bose Sounddock.

Tom B.
Oct 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
1-3 times a day. Sometimes just to correct a spelling mistake in a song name. Basically I sync after every single change to my iTunes library, no matter how small.

thejadedmonkey
Oct 1, 2008, 01:24 PM
Whenever I'm just sitting there, any my iPod is within reach. Or if I wanna add something to it. It averages out around once a week, but I've gone for almost a month before too... but then some days I sync it like 5 times, so I guess it averages out :rolleyes:

tobefirst
Oct 1, 2008, 01:28 PM
My iPod permanently resides in my car, so it only gets removed every month or so. Speaking of which, now is about that time...

pointycollars
Oct 1, 2008, 01:33 PM
My iPod is also pretty much for car use. A 4-gig 2G Nano that has a selection of songs that I like to listen to in the car - I sync it every time I feel like updating or changing that selection of songs, or to charge the battery.

Mr Kram
Oct 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
my kids use the touches daily so they need to be charged often. i charged them from the computer so it automatically syncs at that time. is this a bad thing? should i only sync manually when i actually make a change to the library? the nano sits in the car so i sync it every now and then when i want to change a playlist.

wordmunger
Oct 1, 2008, 03:25 PM
I pretty much only use my iPod for podcasts while running alone. This happens about 2-3 times a week (the rest of the time I play soccer or run with a partner), so I only need to sync every few days.

Fuzzy14
Oct 1, 2008, 03:35 PM
Daily.
My iPod is driven by my old G3 iMac which gets switched on when I come home from work every day to pick up e-mails and update podcasts. I still use my iMac as the main charger of my iPod, and generally have to charge it ever day anyway.

someone28624
Oct 1, 2008, 06:58 PM
my kids use the touches daily so they need to be charged often. i charged them from the computer so it automatically syncs at that time. is this a bad thing? should i only sync manually when i actually make a change to the library? the nano sits in the car so i sync it every now and then when i want to change a playlist.

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with frequent syncs or leaving it connected to a computer for long periods. I was just curious.

iSaint
Oct 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
Less than once a month. I keep it in my car, plugged in to the Pioneer CD player, where it charges. I only sync when I get new music, or there's a software update. Speaking of which - I hope Apple puts the Genius feature on my 80g Classic!