PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors one as output

korki696
Oct 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
hey i have a 23" cinema display and a 40" samsung lcd tv and i want to use my samsung as an output monitor for final cut and after effects is this possible through dvi? i got an HDMI to DVI cable to hoook up my tv but i cant figure out how to tell final cut or after effects to use my second display as an output monitor. anyone got a solution for this?
thanks
-Korki-

spinnerlys
Oct 2, 2008, 09:12 AM
Of course it is. But a 40" monitor is quite big for this.

You open Final Cut.

Go to Menu > View > Video Playback: Here you find an option to select your second monitor.

korki696
Oct 2, 2008, 10:44 PM
its not giving me the option to select that display all it lets me select is"
Digital Cinema Desktop
Digital Cinema Desktop - Main
Digital Cinema Desktop - Fullscreen
Digital Cinema Desktop - Raw
any other ideas?
thanks again
-Korki-

LethalWolfe
Oct 2, 2008, 11:33 PM
What happened when you tried those options? FCP won't give you a list of attached monitors if that's what you are looking for. Also, something to keep in mind is that what you'll see is just an approximation of what your footage looks like.

Lethal

korki696
Oct 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
it will only make my cinema display the monitor and ive tried switching the dvi ports and nothing changes
thanks
-Korki-

ahtraut
Dec 8, 2008, 04:48 PM
I previously was using apples older displays the ADC's one 20" the other 23" I recently upgraded to two Cinema Displays matching size and the option to have final cut do video playback on my second monitor has disappeared. It's quite irritating because I know that It can do this. Does anyone know why it went away and what to do about it? I would really appreciate any help anyone has.

Thanks
Adam