PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Displays: Which format?

UltraNEO*
Oct 4, 2008, 01:29 AM
Recently I hear and see lost of discussions on those boards regarding the future generation of Apple Displays. I get the feeling that some non-pro users would like to see Apple introduce 19:9, mean while many pro's (like me) would like more pixels for pixels from their displays, thus keeping the current 19:10 format and have larger then 30" displays.

My question is...

Besides watching movies on your Apple computers (I'm sure the majority won't be) What other benefits are there from having a narrower, shorter, letter-box display of the 16:9 ratio? Oppose to the current more spacious 19:10 format?

Thanks, UltraNEO.

Tallest Skil
Oct 4, 2008, 01:48 AM
16:9 and 16:10, but you get the picture. :p

I, too, would like to know why people are fervently wishing to take away my pixels just to be conformist with a PC manufacturer...

nanofrog
Oct 4, 2008, 02:01 AM
Can't we just tell the whiners, to "Shut up and deal with black bars, and let the rest of us have the real estate"? ;) :p

UltraNEO*
Oct 4, 2008, 02:03 AM
Can't we just tell the whiners, to "Shut up and deal with black bars, and let the rest of us have the real estate"? ;) :p

I would of though you can and could, after all it's your speaking your opinion... right? Or do we classify them as trolls? :rolleyes:

nanofrog
Oct 4, 2008, 02:16 AM
I would of though you can and could, after all it's your speaking your opinion... right? Or do we classify them as trolls? :rolleyes:
What?!? There's a difference? :eek: :D :p