PDA

View Full Version : How do I save a website page as a picture?

xBass009
Oct 10, 2008, 07:36 PM
I mean the whole thing
Thanks

Eidorian
Oct 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
There are several FireFox plug-ins that do this. I haven't used them in a while though.

spinnerlys
Oct 10, 2008, 07:59 PM
Print to PDF > open PDF in Preview > Save As > JPG/TIF/TGA.

But it only prints in A4 in the standard settings, so you could set it to A3 or something else to fit the entire page (Print > little drop-out-more arrow on the right side of the printer selection), and then crop it in Preview.

I just tested it with this page (the one with the Reply to Thread input field).

Eidorian
Oct 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
Print to PDF > open PDF in Preview > Save As > JPG/TIF/TGA.

But it only prints in A4 in the standard settings, so you could set it to A3 or something else to fit the entire page (Print > little drop-out-more arrow on the right side of the printer selection), and then crop it in Preview.

I just tested it with this page (the one with the Reply to Thread input field).I was going to mention print to PDF but it creates page breaks and not one continuous image.

spinnerlys
Oct 11, 2008, 06:35 AM
Of course does it break pages, but if it is set to A4 it's more than understandable.
Just set them to A2 or A1 or A0 or manually to a specific height and width, print to pdf and then crop the important part.

desenso
Oct 11, 2008, 10:36 AM
Don't print to a PDF. Not a good solution. Use this (http://www.derailer.org/paparazzi/) instead.