PDA

View Full Version : New Macbook at best buy

JLEW700
Oct 11, 2008, 03:32 PM
I know theres a couple of people on here that either work at bestbuy or that have friends that work at best buy and im just wondering if theyve gotten any boxes or even any word as to when they will get there new macbooks. This article: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/dont_buy_a_mac_laptop.html says that apple stores are getting boxes that they cant open till the 14th , i was wondering if the same was happening at best buy? Will bestbuy get the macbooks the same day as apple stores?

Aranince
Oct 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple Stores got first dibs. It's possible Best Buy could get them on the same day. Good to hear store are getting them in stock. Means they will be available the day of the announcement.

Samarium
Oct 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
There is no information at all about that right now. You should change the thread name to something like: Do anyone working in Best Buy has any info yet?

Super Intendo
Oct 11, 2008, 03:55 PM
i work at best buy, but nothing came in yesterday or the day before. We have an apple rep who said that in feb. when they updated the Pro a truck came in with a whole mess of them an hour later though, so that could be something.

StevnJ9971
Oct 11, 2008, 04:13 PM
Good to know they're already shipping them to the Apple stores

Daveway
Oct 11, 2008, 04:30 PM
BestBuy hasn't gotten anything that I can see and our stock is pretty healthy considering there's an even coming soon (and we move plenty
).

JLEW700
Oct 11, 2008, 04:40 PM
There is no information at all about that right now. You should change the thread name to something like: Do anyone working in Best Buy has any info yet?

You should change your sentance to: Does anybody who works for bestbuy have any information yet?

Samarium
Oct 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
You should change your sentance to: Does anybody who works for bestbuy have any information yet?

bestbuy? no. YOU should change that sentence to: Does anybody who works for Best Buy have any information yet?

Why do everyone acts like a prick when you're trying to help them.

KC2
Oct 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
This thread is ridiculous. There are too many of these misleading threads around new-product season.

If the new iPod touch/Nano release a month ago is any indication, neither my local Best Buy nor Target in Atlanta had the new products out the next day (Wednesday, I would assume).

HiFiGuy528
Oct 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
I would never buy a laptop from Best Buy. Actually, I wouldn't buy anything at BB. They are too big to give a **** about your business. I say this because they ******** me on my iPod that was under their Protection Plan.
The staff there are clueless and their Geek Squad Protection Plans are a rip off.

JLEW700
Oct 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
I would never buy a laptop from Best Buy. Actually, I wouldn't buy anything at BB. They are too big to give a **** about your business. I say this because they ******** me on my iPod that was under their Protection Plan.
The staff there are clueless and their Geek Squad Protection Plans are a rip off.

Bestbuy has no interest for 18 months, so if you don't have the cash it's a good deal. Also I would never get any sort of protection plan threw them. I'm gonna get my protection plan threw squaertrade and also state farm.

Jpoon
Oct 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah the title to this thread is a bit misleading..

JLEW700
Oct 11, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah the title to this thread is a bit misleading..

It's marketing

blurredline
Oct 11, 2008, 07:35 PM
Most Best Buy stores get their trucks Mondays and Fridays. The Apple event is on a Tuesday. If they're lucky Best Buy will get them on the Friday, but judging by the past, BB will get the new Macbooks 1-4 weeks after the Apple Store's do.

HiFiGuy528
Oct 11, 2008, 08:04 PM
Bestbuy has no interest for 18 months, so if you don't have the cash it's a good deal. Also I would never get any sort of protection plan threw them. I'm gonna get my protection plan threw squaertrade and also state farm.

This deal is only good if you can pay it in full within the no interest period. Otherwise, you are charged 20% or more in interest from the day of purchase.

panzer06
Oct 11, 2008, 09:54 PM
This deal is only good if you can pay it in full within the no interest period. Otherwise, you are charged 20% or more in interest from the day of purchase.

That's why you pay it before the no interest period expires. (Of course they count on a high percentage of folks not doing so)

alphaod
Oct 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
I know theres a couple of people on here that either work at bestbuy or that have friends that work at best buy and im just wondering if theyve gotten any boxes or even any word as to when they will get there new macbooks. This article: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/dont_buy_a_mac_laptop.html says that apple stores are getting boxes that they cant open till the 14th , i was wondering if the same was happening at best buy? Will bestbuy get the macbooks the same day as apple stores?

For all we know those boxes could be iLife '09 :p

JLEW700
Oct 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
For all we know those boxes could be iLife '09 :p

Open a box of iLife '09 the same day as the apple event for notebooks? I would assume people on this forum are smart enough to put two and two together

kobefan234
Oct 12, 2008, 01:14 AM
my cousin is the manager at the Vallejo bb I will ask him if he knows anything$!

fedup flyer
Oct 12, 2008, 01:44 AM

Its through not threw. The protection plan is for failure and not theft and I don't believe that Statefarm or Squaretrade offers any sort of protection other than theft or acts of nature.

(I am not spelling police but damn, simple syntax)

MVApple
Oct 12, 2008, 02:24 AM
bestbuy? no. YOU should change that sentence to: Does anybody who works for Best Buy have any information yet?

Why do everyone acts like a prick when you're trying to help them.

Couple of reasons.

1. It's the internet.
2. The boards not moderated.
3. Plently of kids/adults with a juvenile mindset who get a kick out of it.

Tallest Skil
Oct 12, 2008, 02:26 AM

What, these? Think the heck again.

Abstract
Oct 12, 2008, 03:30 AM

What?

The only reason I let the OP live is because the mods told me not to kill n00bs who start threads with misleading titles again.

shortmort
Oct 12, 2008, 09:20 AM
I spoke with a computer sales rep at the Best Buy in Wilmington, DE and she said that the next shipment they were scheduled to get was Tuesday (general shipment, not Apple specific) but that if the new notebooks were similar to when the Macbook Air was introduced, Best Buy did not get them until 1 to 3 months after the Apple stores had them. Same for new iPhone. Sucks since I have a $800 BB gift card I was going to use to buy the new MBP.:mad:

RTiii320
Oct 12, 2008, 10:10 AM
What?

The only reason I let the OP live is because the mods told me not to kill n00bs who start threads with misleading titles again.

+1

When I worked at Best Buy up until last year, I do remember that when the MacBooks were refreshed I remember a truck as well came and delivered them the same day they were available online from Apple. Remembering correctly though it was an afternoon delivery that we were not allowed to display until the following morning. So I would imagine within a day or two Best Buy should have them.

sn00pie
Oct 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
I work at Best Buy, and no, we have no received any new secret shipments from Apple as of today. I'd imagine that we would first clear our current stock of Macbooks, and then begin to sell the new ones.

JLEW700
Oct 12, 2008, 01:26 PM
I spoke with a computer sales rep at the Best Buy in Wilmington, DE and she said that the next shipment they were scheduled to get was Tuesday (general shipment, not Apple specific) but that if the new notebooks were similar to when the Macbook Air was introduced, Best Buy did not get them until 1 to 3 months after the Apple stores had them. Same for new iPhone. Sucks since I have a $800 BB gift card I was going to use to buy the new MBP.:mad:

The iphones are a complete different story because it was a whole separate deal that apple had worked out. Know body thought that bestbuy would get iphones, but best buy already sells macbooks so of course they'll continue getting new macbooks.

sada232
Oct 12, 2008, 01:41 PM
I was just at my best buy the other day, and they didnt have any mabooks avaliable. there saying theyd be getting new macbooks in. I dont think they meant new as in totally new macbooks, I think they just meant they would be getting more. But who knows.

poblack
Oct 12, 2008, 03:46 PM
I think there is a strong possiblity that Best Buy will have the new Macbooks the same day as the apple stores. Here is why:

1. Usually when there is a special product being launched, BB has them come in seperate shipments via UPS or Fedex. It was l like that for PS3's and XBox 360's. Therefore I think the macbooks would be shipped from the distribution location to all Apple stores and BB's simultaneously

2. Apple is in the market to make money. Not to be cute by limiting it's products to Apple stores and apple.com for the first few months. It doesn't make sense. Now if there is a product shortage, that is another story.

3. You can't look at past Apple releases at BB and tell wether the macbook will be released on Tuesday because that would be irrelevant. The iphone wasn't originally planned to be sold at BB, and BB has just recently became an authorized Apple reseller. You have to remember that only a few BB's sold Apple products (computers that is) a year ago, and since then more and more have carried them, so to say the last upgraded macbook pro got released months after the apple store got them is irrelevant to this upcoming release.

Whenever the new macs hit shelves, I believe they will be available at Apple Store, apple.com, and BB at the same time.

sn00pie
Oct 14, 2008, 12:30 AM
At most BB locations, Monday is the night we get new stock so they could've come already (tonight).

Sangmort
Oct 14, 2008, 02:10 AM
My store's trucks are on Tuesdays & Fridays.

I don't think we'll have them same day. We didn't get the revamped Ipod Nanos or Touches the same day anyway...~