PDA

View Full Version : Buying, new macbook, think this is a good deal?

KingKalukan
Oct 13, 2008, 03:23 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250307520839

so far I have the winning bid, its nearly over. Even though the new ones are coming out do you think that this is a good price for the older one? its like 500 off.

jalpert
Oct 13, 2008, 03:29 PM
With rumors of an $800 new macbook, there is no way I'd pay $600 for a used one on ebay today. The rumor could very well be wrong, but I wouldn't do it today, I would wait until tomorrow.

G5power
Oct 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
I agree with Jalpert that with tomorrows potential announcement of an $800 Macbook I would be reluctant to spend very much on an older Macbook. Just the peace of mind of having a 1 year warranty is worth a lot.

I think the best deals will be available for a short time after the announcement in the Apple refurb store. Until they sell out the current generation Macbooks should be listed for great prices.

KingKalukan
Oct 13, 2008, 03:39 PM
Thank you guys for the replies, I really appreciate it. I think I'll wait atleast till tomorrow. If the new laptops get released and they are still at the same price points do you think a deal similar to this one would be good? I know this one will be over, but hell, might as well ask.

Munitalp
Oct 13, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you guys for the replies, I really appreciate it. I think I'll wait atleast till tomorrow. If the new laptops get released and they are still at the same price points do you think a deal similar to this one would be good? I know this one will be over, but hell, might as well ask.

If they release a Macbook at around $800 tomorrow then most likely the prices on the old model Macbook's will be reduced, and the old model refurbs reduced even more -- as Apple tries to get rid of the old stock it has. eBay will surely be flooded with old Macbook's by the hundreds as well.

Its definitely a good idea to wait until at least tomorrow.