PDA

View Full Version : There is NO backlit keyboard on the 2.0ghz new Macbook

noahmateen1234
Oct 14, 2008, 05:43 PM
I just got off a chat with a apple rep, I also called and both have told me the Macbook 2.0ghz $1299 model DOES NOT have a backlit keyboard.
#

Hi, my name is Tomeca F. Welcome to Apple!
#

You: hi
#

You: i am thinking about purchasing the new macbook that is $1299
#

Tomeca F: Good evening.
#

Tomeca F: Would you like help with your shopping?
#

You: i have a quick question
#

You: it says ships within 1-3 business days, if I ordered it tonight and did overnight delivery would it be here tomorrow?
#

Tomeca F: I'm happy to assist with that.
#

Tomeca F: It would really depend on the shipping option that are available on the shipping screen.
#

Tomeca F: The 1-3 days is how much it would take to get it ready to go out the door.
#

You: ok
#

You: also i want to double check the specs on the $1299 model with you
#

Tomeca F: Sure.
#

You: it has a 2.0ghz core 2 duo cpu, 2gb ddr3 ram, backlit keyboard, superdrive right?
#

Tomeca F: I am really sorry for keeping you waiting, I'll be just another moment.
#

Tomeca F: It does not have a backlit keyboard, we are sorry. That is a typo we are working on correctinbg.
#

Tomeca F: *correcting.

that is the conversation with the Online rep.

darngooddesign
Oct 14, 2008, 05:47 PM
that is the conversation with the Online rep.

Sounds like it was a bot.

mike...
Oct 14, 2008, 05:48 PM
Sounds like it was a bot.

lol :D

youssefm
Oct 14, 2008, 05:50 PM
ok apple needs to get this straight, i asked a rep and a phone sales person and they said it IS backlit??!

tekmoe
Oct 14, 2008, 05:56 PM
The updated MacBook also incorporates some sensible upgrades from older configurations. Two gigabytes of memory are standard, and a $1,599 configuration adds the wonderful backlit keyboard that Apple had previously reserved for its pricier, pro-oriented laptops. (The online Apple Store indicates that the $1,299 MacBook also features keyboard backlighting, but company spokeswoman Teresa Weaver said earlier today that this listing was incorrect.)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/apples_laptops_go_upscale_in_a.html

Sorry suckaz, if you want the backlit keyboard, you gotta pay the big bucks!

Munitalp
Oct 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
Apply needs to fix their damn order page once and for all... that same person said something totally different earlier?

dcorban
Oct 14, 2008, 06:04 PM
Who looks at their keyboard anyway? I guess if you are the hunt and peck kind of person. ;)

Also, the screen gives off a lot of light and it was very easy to see my keyboard, or even read a book, using my older Macbook.