Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
I just got the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for my powerbook. It works great, I needed more buttons. It moves a little slower then the apple one but non the less better. I posted this to tell ppl that asked about it many threads ago.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Originally posted by robotrenegade
I just got the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for my powerbook. It works great, I needed more buttons. It moves a little slower then the apple one but non the less better. I posted this to tell ppl that asked about it many threads ago.

Where did you purchase and how much $? Do all the buttons work. Does it also have the "tilt" scroll wheel that lets you move right to left? THKS

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Re: Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Originally posted by zagato27
Where did you purchase and how much $? Do all the buttons work. Does it also have the "tilt" scroll wheel that lets you move right to left? THKS

I got mine as a christmas gift; I think they are available lots of places. ~$80 is retail?

Aside from single and double click, the buttons only work for expose (which is what I would use them for anyway). Since there are 3 buttons besides the two preset ones, u can have all the expose functions. The scroll wheel is not "tilt."

I really like mine a lot. Would definitely recommend it. Also worth noting that there is currently NO BT multi-button mouse that can be programed for anything except expose. Hopefully companies (including MS?) will release drivers in the future, but none have that functionality currently.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

I like mine, but for the perfect BT mouse I'd make a few changes.

- Smaller size (like the Bluetake mouse), while maintaining five buttons.

- It needs an off switch. I know MS says "we use advanced power saving technology" but when it's being jostled around in a bag the mouse probably stays active. I'm changing my batteries once a month, and that seems excessive.

- It'd be nice if either MS (or any manufacturer) would provide drivers, or else Apple would build mouse button re-mapping into OS X. Personally I'd still use buttons four and five for Expose, but I know other folks would like to map them to other functions.

BTW I bought mine on-line at http://www.buy.com - they're under $70.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.