PDA

View Full Version : Itouch 2.0-2.2 firmware

Acronym
Oct 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
hey i have a 8 gig Itouch with the 1.1.4 firmware i have it setup so i can watch videos via safari, saves all my cookies (passwords ect..) summerboard themes a few games lots of youtube videos downloaded, and a few otherinteresting applications.

what i am wondering is, is it worth switching over to the 2.2 firmware? can i get these same type of apps if i jailbreak it? or am i better off leaving it the way it is?

dagored
Oct 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
2.1 firmware is great. Have not tried 2.2 Let me know how it functions.

darfel
Oct 21, 2008, 12:01 PM
Is this firmware for an iTouch 2G?

PeteB
Oct 21, 2008, 12:51 PM
There is no version 2.2 firmware yet.

But, a firmware upgrade to 2.1.1 should keep your exisiting settings (since it's backed up in iTunes).

Acronym
Oct 22, 2008, 10:25 AM
all the apps downloaded will stay on the ipod? cause the settings i had set it too are only there because of jailbreaking.

dagored
Oct 22, 2008, 10:54 AM
all the apps downloaded will stay on the ipod? cause the settings i had set it too are only there because of jailbreaking.

No. Only Apples apps will be backed up. Any apps from a 1.1.4 JB will not even run under 2.1

Most of the apps have been updated to 2.1 You would have to reload them and reset them.

biikman
Oct 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
hey i have a 8 gig Itouch with the 1.1.4 firmware i have it setup so i can watch videos via safari, saves all my cookies (passwords ect..) summerboard themes a few games lots of youtube videos downloaded, and a few otherinteresting applications.

what i am wondering is, is it worth switching over to the 2.2 firmware? can i get these same type of apps if i jailbreak it? or am i better off leaving it the way it is?

doh! I saw 2.2 and thought cool they finally released an update :)