Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
hey i have a 8 gig Itouch with the 1.1.4 firmware i have it setup so i can watch videos via safari, saves all my cookies (passwords ect..) summerboard themes a few games lots of youtube videos downloaded, and a few otherinteresting applications.

what i am wondering is, is it worth switching over to the 2.2 firmware? can i get these same type of apps if i jailbreak it? or am i better off leaving it the way it is?

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
There is no version 2.2 firmware yet.

But, a firmware upgrade to 2.1.1 should keep your exisiting settings (since it's backed up in iTunes).

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
all the apps downloaded will stay on the ipod? cause the settings i had set it too are only there because of jailbreaking.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
all the apps downloaded will stay on the ipod? cause the settings i had set it too are only there because of jailbreaking.

No. Only Apples apps will be backed up. Any apps from a 1.1.4 JB will not even run under 2.1

Most of the apps have been updated to 2.1 You would have to reload them and reset them.

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
hey i have a 8 gig Itouch with the 1.1.4 firmware i have it setup so i can watch videos via safari, saves all my cookies (passwords ect..) summerboard themes a few games lots of youtube videos downloaded, and a few otherinteresting applications.

what i am wondering is, is it worth switching over to the 2.2 firmware? can i get these same type of apps if i jailbreak it? or am i better off leaving it the way it is?

doh! I saw 2.2 and thought cool they finally released an update :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.