PDA

View Full Version : MetaX tagging TV episode numbers question/feature request

rotarypower101
Oct 21, 2008, 11:52 PM
Here is another question this time directed at the metadata side of things for TV shows.

Has anyone figured out a way to tag the episode numbers in MetaX without clicking each individual episode and physically changing each individual episode number by hand?

It would be nice if there were a little box that allowed us to pick a starting point episode number and sequentially rename each following file accordingly.

i.e. for say lost season 1 episode 1, you could enter 1 in the episode box and click a checkbox that went down the list of files and added n+1 chronologically to each individual episode number proceeding it until it gets to the end of season one with a episode number 24. This would take a lot of the legwork out of labeling this particular editing field.

This is very aggravating and I would love to see this feature added to the next revision if at all possible

I would also like to take a moment to sincerely thank the author of MetaX for his selfless work putting together such a indispensible piece of software, of which a lot of our library’s would not look nearly as nice and polished as they do.

Does anyone dealing with this issue agree that this would be a welcome and functional addition to this great piece of software?

NightStorm
Oct 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Here is another question this time directed at the metadata side of things for TV shows.

Has anyone figured out a way to tag the episode numbers in MetaX without clicking each individual episode and physically changing each individual episode number by hand?

It would be nice if there were a little box that allowed us to pick a starting point episode number and sequentially rename each following file accordingly.

i.e. for say lost season 1 episode 1, you could enter 1 in the episode box and click a checkbox that went down the list of files and added n+1 chronologically to each individual episode number proceeding it until it gets to the end of season one with a episode number 24. This would take a lot of the legwork out of labeling this particular editing field.

This is very aggravating and I would love to see this feature added to the next revision if at all possible

I would also like to take a moment to sincerely thank the author of MetaX for his selfless work putting together such a indispensible piece of software, of which a lot of our library’s would not look nearly as nice and polished as they do.

Does anyone dealing with this issue agree that this would be a welcome and functional addition to this great piece of software?
A neat idea, but I don't know if I'd call the lack of this "aggravating" or that it necessarily takes a lot of legwork to type a number for each episode. That said, you'd probably be better off submitting this request to the developer directly as I'm not sure if he visits this forum or not.