Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxmuhahahahahxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Lately I've been looking at recording some things from my guitar to my computer. I've done it before, but it's always been Guitar>Pedal>Amp>Audio Input and it always sounds so quiet.

I was searching for some low-budget mixers, and found a couple I liked.
Tapco Mix5.0
Behringer Xenyx 502

The reason I picked these two were because they were cheap and looked pretty decent. I've seen the Tapco used before and it seems fine for what I need. I also know that Behringer has a good name towards all their mixers.

I don't need anything big, because I'm only going to be using one channel at a time, two maybe on a small occasion. Does anyone have any opinions on what i should get?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Alesis make some good little USB mixers. Their FireWire ones are better, although you'll need a Mac with FireWire (cough cough Apple).

The reason I picked these two were because they were cheap and looked pretty decent. I've seen the Tapco used before and it seems fine for what I need. I also know that Behringer has a good name towards all their mixers.

Don't know where you got that from. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.