PDA

View Full Version : A cool Fall Autumn image to share!

Triplenickle
Oct 29, 2008, 07:36 AM
TInkers Creek Gorge at Sunrise....

http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p268650153-4.jpg

Others Fall images in the same gallery here: http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/p172029725

Mark

wheelhot
Oct 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
nice, did you edit the photo by any means?

Triplenickle
Oct 29, 2008, 08:33 AM
nice, did you edit the photo by any means?
Thanks

That is an HDR with 3 exposures (-2,0,+2) merged with Photomatix Pro.

GoCubsGo
Oct 29, 2008, 08:49 AM
Beautiful as always. :)

yoppie
Oct 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
Nice photos.

Abstract
Oct 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
That's amazing! It's actually still too bright and fake looking for my tastes, but I appreciate how well done it is. :) Normally I hate HDRs.

Here's two photos. They're just normal photos, and look WAY better in Safari. Firefox really isn't very good for viewing photos. :rolleyes:

thr33face
Oct 29, 2008, 11:03 AM
here's what I think:

-composition is not interesting
-tree to right has glow around it
-woods in the middle look super flat
-colours are too over the top and uneven

^just my opinion, ignore if you like

Chrispy
Oct 29, 2008, 12:30 PM
All the reasons above are why I think I like it haha. I'm a sucker for eye candy even if it is totally off from the reality of the photo.

Triplenickle
Oct 29, 2008, 03:04 PM
here's what I think:

Thanks. Photography is very subjective, but based on feedback from many others, your comments are polar opposite to the majority. BTW, there is not a "glow" on the tree, that's light.... it was early SUNRISE.... I would suspect your monitor needs calibrated.

That's amazing! It's actually still too bright and fake looking for my tastes, but I appreciate how well done it is. :) Normally I hate HDRs.

Here's two photos. They're just normal photos, and look WAY better in Safari. Firefox really isn't very good for viewing photos. :rolleyes:

It's called the "painterly look". I prefer this look when doing HDRs.

http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p330199512-4.jpg

Marblehead Lighthouse- October 2008

Dagless
Oct 29, 2008, 04:30 PM
I prefer that one, that's really good actually and if there was a larger image I'd use it as my desktop.

Abstract
Oct 29, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks. Photography is very subjective, but based on feedback from many others, your comments are polar opposite to the majority. BTW, there is not a "glow" on the tree, that's light.... it was early SUNRISE.... I would suspect your monitor needs calibrated.

Actually, he's right. There is a slight glow around certain parts of the image. However, I said I enjoyed your photo a lot, and one of the reasons is because the glow isn't bad at all. It's not very noticeable, and certainly not distracting.

I still prefer my photos without the HDR treatment. I'd rather get one-in-a-million shots that rely mostly on luck and natural circumstance when it comes to lighting and situation, rather than make the situation more perfect than it was in reality.

Triplenickle
Oct 29, 2008, 10:37 PM
Actually, he's right. There is a slight glow around certain parts of the image. However, I said I enjoyed your photo a lot, and one of the reasons is because the glow isn't bad at all. It's not very noticeable, and certainly not distracting.

I still prefer my photos without the HDR treatment. I'd rather get one-in-a-million shots that rely mostly on luck and natural circumstance when it comes to lighting and situation, rather than make the situation more perfect than it was in reality.

Well, I was there.. the light was as depicted...it was an uneven lit sky as it was early sunrise....

Abstract
Oct 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you noticed every nuance of light in the entire scene before you took the photo.

*cough*

Triplenickle
Oct 29, 2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you noticed every nuance of light in the entire scene before you took the photo.

*cough*

You better get some Amoxicillin for that cough! :)

Kyrahlynn
Oct 30, 2008, 11:06 AM
those are gorgeous! You've really managed to capture how colorful nature is :)

ucfgrad93
Oct 30, 2008, 11:12 AM
Both are great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Triplenickle
Oct 30, 2008, 03:25 PM
Both are great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Folks!

rfrankl
Oct 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
Love both photos. Would use either as my desktop if you could get them to 1920 x 1200 (hint hint)...lol.

Seiryu
Oct 30, 2008, 08:09 PM
Nice Photos!

TheReef
Oct 30, 2008, 08:34 PM
here's what I think:

I like it, but I think the glowing tree (and over saturated right half) takes away from the water on the left which adds more interest, for the eye to search into the distance. But I still like it :)

queshy
Oct 30, 2008, 09:32 PM
Damn, those are really nice pictures! I really wish I knew more about photography. All of the pictures I take always look so amateur-ish compared to ones I see on the net.

ManWithhat
Oct 31, 2008, 10:52 AM
Any chance of 'wallpaperizing' these?

andreab35
Nov 1, 2008, 05:01 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Wow these are amazing!
What wonderful work you have done! :)

Triplenickle
Nov 1, 2008, 09:00 AM
Here is another one, folks..

North Chagrin Nature Center

http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p363745700-4.jpg