PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Social networking App?

Hls811
Oct 29, 2008, 09:16 AM
It seems as though there are a ton of these apps out their for the iPhone, but the few I've tried don't seem to be very populated.. The 2 I've got on now are Whoishere and Brightkite.

What are some of the better ones that people are actually using? Preferably iPhone only.. I don't like the Myspace/Facebook apps simply because I don't have (or want) a myspace/facebook account and I'm more interested in just seeing who's in the general area around me.

iblastoff
Oct 29, 2008, 12:25 PM
i dont think any of the random social networking apps that arent facebook/myspace/twitter etc etc have any real user base at all.

iamfudge
Oct 29, 2008, 01:53 PM
iRovr :D

severe
Oct 29, 2008, 10:17 PM
It seems as though there are a ton of these apps out their for the iPhone, but the few I've tried don't seem to be very populated.. The 2 I've got on now are Whoishere and Brightkite.

I'm currently using Brightkite. These things take some time to populate. You can't just introduce a already populated social network. :D

Warbrain
Oct 29, 2008, 10:38 PM
Brightkite is the best. A stable community already existed and this just compliments it even more.

amemoryoncelost
Oct 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
I kind of forgot about brightkite. Liked what I saw, but no userbase at all. This was months ago now. The site looks 100% different than it did back then. Gonna give it another go...

Watabou
Oct 29, 2008, 11:38 PM
Facebook. Haven't tried any other Social Networking apps other than facebook and myspace.

ZMRoach
Oct 30, 2008, 12:33 AM
Facebook and Twinkle are really the only ones I have/want.

rs13
Oct 30, 2008, 12:47 AM
Facebook is the only one i really use

Mr. Giver '94
Oct 30, 2008, 03:20 AM
I think the Facebook application is really well done. I'm not really a MySpace person (prefer Facebook) and the other non-mainstream social networking apps haven't generated much of a following.