Favorite Social networking App?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by Hls811, Oct 29, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hls811

It seems as though there are a ton of these apps out their for the iPhone, but the few I've tried don't seem to be very populated.. The 2 I've got on now are Whoishere and Brightkite.

What are some of the better ones that people are actually using? Preferably iPhone only.. I don't like the Myspace/Facebook apps simply because I don't have (or want) a myspace/facebook account and I'm more interested in just seeing who's in the general area around me.

2. macrumors 6502

i dont think any of the random social networking apps that arent facebook/myspace/twitter etc etc have any real user base at all.

3. macrumors newbie

iRovr :D

4. macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using Brightkite. These things take some time to populate. You can't just introduce a already populated social network. :D

5. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Brightkite is the best. A stable community already existed and this just compliments it even more.

6. macrumors 6502

I kind of forgot about brightkite. Liked what I saw, but no userbase at all. This was months ago now. The site looks 100% different than it did back then. Gonna give it another go...

7. macrumors 68030

Watabou

Facebook. Haven't tried any other Social Networking apps other than facebook and myspace.

8. macrumors regular

ZMRoach

Facebook and Twinkle are really the only ones I have/want.

9. macrumors member

Facebook is the only one i really use

10. macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I think the Facebook application is really well done. I'm not really a MySpace person (prefer Facebook) and the other non-mainstream social networking apps haven't generated much of a following.