Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
It seems as though there are a ton of these apps out their for the iPhone, but the few I've tried don't seem to be very populated.. The 2 I've got on now are Whoishere and Brightkite.

What are some of the better ones that people are actually using? Preferably iPhone only.. I don't like the Myspace/Facebook apps simply because I don't have (or want) a myspace/facebook account and I'm more interested in just seeing who's in the general area around me.

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
i dont think any of the random social networking apps that arent facebook/myspace/twitter etc etc have any real user base at all.

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
It seems as though there are a ton of these apps out their for the iPhone, but the few I've tried don't seem to be very populated.. The 2 I've got on now are Whoishere and Brightkite.

I'm currently using Brightkite. These things take some time to populate. You can't just introduce a already populated social network. :D

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
I kind of forgot about brightkite. Liked what I saw, but no userbase at all. This was months ago now. The site looks 100% different than it did back then. Gonna give it another go...

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
I think the Facebook application is really well done. I'm not really a MySpace person (prefer Facebook) and the other non-mainstream social networking apps haven't generated much of a following.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.