Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyderulz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
At least it's on the website, I ordered the Argent (sliver) case:

http://iskin.com/fuzeiPhone3G/index.html

I like my Revo 2 and I always thought is would be perfect if it was made of a less tacky material (translation 'lint magnet') and didn't have the cutout for the visor on the back. This may finally be 'the case'. I hope so...I'm getting tired of finding cases that fall just short in either the cosmetic/functional or protection categories.

The only potential gripe about this one may be the proximity of the front cover to the touch screen, I hope they give it enough room so you can press icons at the corners of the screen (a problem with the Revo 2). Should have it by the end of the week, I'll post any impressions once I use for a day or so.

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
nice case, but $45 is a little over the top. I live only 10 mins away from the company but they still charge $7 for shipping and all their prices are in U.S. dollar, and right now the Canadian dollar exchange rate raises the price to a grand total of $62!

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
nice case, but $45 is a little over the top. I live only 10 mins away from the company but they still charge $7 for shipping and all their prices are in U.S. dollar, and right now the Canadian dollar exchange rate raises the price to a grand total of $62!

Seems to be a great case for protection, but geez. Lower the price. 45 is a bit rich for a case.

slyderulz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
I agree.... Has anyone seen this case in an Apple store?

I haven't seen any of the iSkin products for the 3G (Revo2 or Solo) at any of the Apple stores in my area. Strange because they do carry iSkin cases for iPods.

Even if your local store carries the Revo 2 or Solo, doubt they would get this in for at least a week or two, the fuze for 3G was just released on Friday.

$45 is a little steep, but I've seen plenty of folks paying $35 for an incase slider or contour flick which are both just a piece of plastic for the back and edges, the fuze is dual layer (hard shell plus inner soft shell) plus screen protection, well worth an extra $10 over those other 2 IMHO.

Amon37

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
AZ
It's weird because it doesn't look like you can dock or charge with the case on the but the FAQ says:

* Can I dock my iPhone 3G with the fuze on?

Yes you can, provided that it is used with docks and docking devices that support Apple’s Universal Dock design.

I guess we will wait for impressions.

slyderulz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
It's weird because it doesn't look like you can dock or charge with the case on the but the FAQ says:

I guess we will wait for impressions.

You can dock an iPhone 3G with almost any case into the Universal Dock (without an adapter). You can only dock a 'naked' iPhone 3G in the iPhone 3G dock.

I've been docking my Revo 2 in the universal dock for quite some time now. iSkin also makes a universal dock extender (adapter) to provide vertical support for docking the iPhone with the case on.

Unless the question of docking with the case on is regarding the 'integrated dock protector'. The pictures make this look like it is part of the case (maybe the back?). However, if you read the User's Guide PDF attached to the FAQ it descibes this piece as removable (something that 'plugs in' to the dock port). The one thing it doesn't describe/show is whether this piece is something that is attached to the case somehow or if it is a separate piece that could be easily lost.

Darius_Latamus

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2005
I JUST received my Magma Red Fuze case and I'm sorry to say that I'm extremely disappointed already...I really thought this would have been THE case.

I have several issues with it and I am shocked that they weren't caught during the QA testing/fitment.

I will get some photo's posted here tonight and explain some of my concerns.

- darius

soctechnologist

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
CO
I JUST received my Magma Red Fuze case and I'm sorry to say that I'm extremely disappointed already...I really thought this would have been THE case.

I have several issues with it and I am shocked that they weren't caught during the QA testing/fitment.

I will get some photo's posted here tonight and explain some of my concerns.

- darius

Great.. mine was just shipped. :rolleyes:

Look forward to hearing more about your concerns...

csmitty

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I've searched google and found the case for 28-29, not sure what shipping added.

I got my solo for $25 from gordysgadgets with free shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.