PDA

View Full Version : new Incipio Feather love it

silversx
Nov 1, 2008, 06:55 PM
got the new feather from incipio... much much much better than the sgp ultra thin.. i wish i had ordered the feather first.. the fit and finish is so perfect.. and no annoying hole in the back... it feels thinner than the sgp but probably the same.. i think because it covers more of the phone.. it feels less like a case.. where the sgp stops abruptly when it reaches the chrome.. when you're holding it you know there's a case on the phone..

it covers more of the chrome yet still leaving a thin strip of it showing near the screen.. the material feels SUPERIOR to the sgp.. i can't really discribe how it feels just that its great.. the sgp feels more plasticky

20 bucks and came with two power support type adhesive screen protectors.. what a deal... free shipping too

only thing is this type of super thin shells will not protect against falling.. but i doubt my girl's griffin wave will do much neither if she really dropped it ... at least this keeps the sexy lines of the phone..

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incipio-feather-for-iphone-3g/

mkrishnan
Nov 1, 2008, 07:00 PM
Post pictures of yours! ;)

silversx
Nov 1, 2008, 07:03 PM
i will.. camera is in the car and im too lazy lol.. but i will

i got the black for my black phone.. sexay

Al2009
Nov 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
I got mine today too, I don't have the SGP so I can't compare. The case is sweet though and for twenty bucks w/ shipping you can't beat it. Just tried it on, feels pretty sweet and covers the chrome more than the PS Air Jacket. But I always find myself drifting back to my gun metal slider.:D

THE JUICEMAN
Nov 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
pics please!

jmcn72
Nov 1, 2008, 10:26 PM
Count me in as a feather convert. Tried the Cozip first because for the gen1 it was the best thin case IMO. Didn't like the new version. Then tried the SGP which is decent very similar to Cozip 1.0. Then stumbled on the feather Incipio is THE ultrathin case for the 3G. Love it!

acousticbiker
Nov 2, 2008, 12:04 AM
Anyone try both the Incipio and the Power Support Air Jacket? How do they compare? I prefer the side cut out and increased coverage of the Incipio but the PS is more understated (no blazing logo on back) and has a 'tighter' cutout for the camera hole that looks better.

mr-macintosh
Nov 2, 2008, 12:08 AM
wish Incipio would make a clear Feather, I would pick it up in an instant, I have no skins on my phone and my SGP is giving me a watermark... ghey

lasteve
Nov 2, 2008, 07:41 PM
Love this case, very minimal bulk feels like theres no case on it. Enjoy the pics!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02632.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02631.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02636.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02641.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02640.jpg

dogbiskit2
Nov 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hi -

I really like the look of the Feather, but does anyone have comments on the potential of dirt/grit getting under the case and scratching the phone? I've heard that with hard cases, which has turned me away from them.

I currently have a Switcheasy Colors case with a BSE under it (back only). The skin is mainly to keep it from getting too scratched up - so, yes, I'm a bit anal about stuff like that. However, the color case is a bit bulky for me, so I'm tempted to go with the Feather.

Thanks!

yOyOYoo
Nov 6, 2008, 12:51 AM
This case definitely is very nice.

I can't decide on keeping this one versus keeping the Seidio innocase II.

The Seidio definitely feels larger in hand, but it protects the chrome, and it has a more grippy rubberized material.

The feather is much slimmer and leaves some of the chrome exposed, which doesn't look too bad. I would definitely pick the feather over the SGP case. I just hate that incipio put such a large ugly logo on the back. Also I feel like repeated putting on and taking off the feather will definitely damage the chrome of the iphone, while the seidio slides on and off smoothly.

maybe i'll just keep both :)

threezero
Nov 6, 2008, 01:49 AM
^^^ I don't have both case but from what i have seen the seido/slider type cases seems to create more scatches.

For those of you that did receive the feather. How is the screen protector that is included? Is it one anti glare one crystal clear? The screen protector that came with the sgp ultra thin was very high quality. With the power support two piece costing 15$ by itself the SGP was a very good deal. I may try out the feather too if it includes high quality protectors like the SGP

Piarco
Nov 10, 2008, 03:04 AM
^^^ I don't have both case but from what i have seen the seido/slider type cases seems to create more scatches.

For those of you that did receive the feather. How is the screen protector that is included? Is it one anti glare one crystal clear? The screen protector that came with the sgp ultra thin was very high quality. With the power support two piece costing 15$ by itself the SGP was a very good deal. I may try out the feather too if it includes high quality protectors like the SGP

My black feather arrived on Friday, and I'm loving it. I've got one Switcheasy Rebel, one Neo and a Contour Flip, but the Feather is the one case I'd be happy leaving on all of the time but I do love my Neo too!) it's just so thin its easy to forget it's there the form factor is so unchanged.

The screen protectors both seem to be crystal. I'm not going to check what they're like on as I've got a PS Crystal Film on at the moment which is soon to be replaced by the SGP anti-fingerprint when it arrives.

ahajeni
Nov 14, 2008, 06:22 PM
I just got mine from Chiefpick.com (http://www.chiefpick.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=incipio+feather&Search.x=0&Search.y=0) FREE SHIPPING to US and Canada!! woot. Hope it will arrives soon!!! :D

kicko
Nov 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
i might have to check this one out. I need new screen protectors plus a case for a few more dollars wouldn't hurt.. is it not at the :apple: store?

hopelandic18
Nov 17, 2008, 08:02 AM
Does the white feather get dirty?? Can anyone clarify...

Manie Frizzle
Nov 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
do you think its possible to have this case on with a bse back shield?

kicko
Nov 29, 2008, 07:44 AM
I just ordered this case from incipio's site on sale $13.99 free shipping!

abijnk
Nov 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
Does anybody know how this compares in thickness to the Power Support Air Jacket? That is what I am using now for scratch protection and I like that it still fits in my hip holster with it on (work pants don't have pockets). Would this still fit in something like the Marware CEO case (http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPhone-3g-cases/C-E-O-Premiere-for-iPhone-3G)? If so, pink all the way. :cool:

kicko
Nov 30, 2008, 11:47 AM
i believe it about the same thickness as the jacket or something like SGP , you should have no problems. I will use it with a incase folio myself. At $14 dollars on sale until dec.1 its almost worth the price just for screen protectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3rtkaCLulI&feature=related 6:00 mark has your answer.

dwd3885
Dec 23, 2008, 09:15 AM
if you don't like the logo on the back, ATT sells one without it, but only comes in white. and no screen protectors, and it's 24.99, but hey, no logo anywhere

kicko
Dec 23, 2008, 12:04 PM
Why would anyone pay more and get less with one color choice just because they dont like the logo?

robanga
Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
I have a black one of these and really like it. Dirt/lint does get behind the case, so every once in a while you have to clean the back of the phone.

dwd3885
Dec 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
Why would anyone pay more and get less with one color choice just because they dont like the logo?

well acousticbiker was one. some people don't like a big logo on the back for $5 more would be glad to pay for the white one. I'd get the one without the logo for sure, if it came in other colors besides white.

Dakotafan
Dec 23, 2008, 05:50 PM
nothing worse than rubber cases imo..

nimda0
Dec 24, 2008, 03:45 AM
nice looking, but i need a hard case...

lakaiordie
Dec 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
nice looking, but i need a hard case...

this case is hard.

lakaiordie
Dec 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
nothing worse than rubber cases imo..

the feather isnt rubber

Benjic
Dec 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
I purchased the white one from AT$T and the back is now disgustingly dirty, I tried cleaning it with some bleach and now it feels perpetually sticky, I think I'm just going to chock it up as a loss and buy the teal one from another site, I don't care for the logo though.

danieldelgado29
Jan 4, 2009, 11:59 PM
I just ordered two feathers.....$30 for two...30% after holidays sales.....let see if I like these feathers....

danieldelgado29
Jan 5, 2009, 12:07 AM
I just ordered two feathers.....$30 for two...30% after holidays sales.....let see if I like these feathers....

JVV
Jan 5, 2009, 08:07 AM
I've had the Incipio Feather (Black) for about 3 months now and although the protection is pretty sufficient, dust has gotten in between the sides and caused the chrome around the phone to become sandblasted:mad:.

It has protected the back flawlessly, however, at the determinant of the chrome bezel:(.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the case but would love to have that flaw remedied in future product updates.

damnyooneek
Jan 5, 2009, 01:53 PM
have this case for about a month its really nice. does anyone know of a dock that works with this case?

Iphone3Gwannabe
Jan 23, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hello All, just got an Incipio Feather and would love to pair it up with a holster. Can anyone recommend a holster that works well with the feather, keeps it snug etc...? Any suggestions?

jkimbro0316
Jan 25, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hello All, just got an Incipio Feather and would love to pair it up with a holster. Can anyone recommend a holster that works well with the feather, keeps it snug etc...? Any suggestions?

Probably an Incase Folio or a DLO HipCase would work fine.

Also, does anybody know how well this case protects the chrome bezel? I want to get one because the back of my iPhone is getting some scratches and also got some scratches on the bezel from the Incase Slider, so obviously I rather find a case that can protect the back and chrome bezel without scratching either parts.

Iphone3Gwannabe
Jan 25, 2009, 01:00 PM
Probably an Incase Folio or a DLO HipCase would work fine.

Also, does anybody know how well this case protects the chrome bezel? I want to get one because the back of my iPhone is getting some scratches and also got some scratches on the bezel from the Incase Slider, so obviously I rather find a case that can protect the back and chrome bezel without scratching either parts.

Thanks I will look into those.

Andrew K.
Jan 25, 2009, 01:21 PM
That look awesome! :D A little less protection then I would like but nice design, I got the Incase Slider myself, I did a review too it's in my sig :) I may have to pick one of these up also :)

Surferoo
Jul 17, 2009, 05:44 AM
Just got a turquoise Incipio feather through the post, I love it.

It replaces a tired looking Capsule Rebel Skeleton, which has done me proud, and is one hell of a great case, real eye catching and feels super solid.
The only issue with the rebel is the bulk, I took off the case a few times in recent weeks and decided that I need something thin that fits tight, and is good looking, (like the doris! lol), in keeping with the device).

So after a few hours of research, I was sold on the feather, ilounge gave a pretty good review, B+. But these guys had me sold,
http://macenstein.com/default/archives/1745
and,
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139416

The feather lives up to all expectations. super thin, amazing fit, the edges are perfect, no gaps, no wavy edge, perfect, perfect fit. If you're coordinated enough not to be dropping your iPhone, (I never have) this is the boy.
The turquoise colour I chose rocks. I have a 3G white, and the contrast is great.

Combined with a Zagg screen protector, I think I have the best case/screen combo available right now.
Oh, and had the Zagg full body on for about 3weeks between the Rebel and the feather, the Zagg 3G back cover disappointed on many levels, dirt gets under the edges after a week and the glue at the edges starts to deteriorate (spent ages putting it on). screen cover is ideal though.
Screen protector - go for Zagg or Switcheasy (came with the Rebel), both great.

Incipio Feather - 9.5/10 Absolutely love it

gg4
Jul 17, 2009, 06:04 AM
This is a really nice case and fits nicely over my BSE simple back skin.

I alternate the Sunburst Yellow Feather with a green Solo FX. Love both so far. :D

MemoryMapped
Jul 17, 2009, 01:36 PM
This is a really nice case and fits nicely over my BSE simple back skin.

I alternate the Sunburst Yellow Feather with a green Solo FX. Love both so far. :D

Oh really?! Some reviews in the past have said it's not possible to fit a skin and the case at the same time because the Feather fits so tightly to the back. But, I believe you. I think it works with only the simple back skin and not the other full backs?

Do you have a hard time getting the case on/off with the BSE simple back on?

linsam
Jul 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
I am using the Moshi case and love it! Mine is white and it has not discolored at all after 1.5 weeks of use!

gg4
Jul 17, 2009, 10:39 PM
Oh really?! Some reviews in the past have said it's not possible to fit a skin and the case at the same time because the Feather fits so tightly to the back. But, I believe you. I think it works with only the simple back skin and not the other full backs?

Do you have a hard time getting the case on/off with the BSE simple back on?

It doesn't seem too hard for me to take it off... I'm not sure how it compares to not having the skin though.
I could post pics if you want to see how the buttons line up and how much of the bezel edge is revealed but, for me, it does snap on super easily.

scirica
Jul 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
I still love my two Incipio Feathers (one red, one white) but i did a little close examination after having them on for about a month. Let me state first of all that I generally leave them on full time and take them off AT MOST once a week.

Today I noticed that there are vertical scratches (perpendicular to the screen surface around the perimeter of the bezel. While they are minor they are there.

The back looks perfect, unlock my previous phone with an Incase Slider.

This is still my favorite case, but I guess what I'm getting at is there probably isn't a case made that doesn't have the potential for some scratching.

C'est la vie!

fishmd
Jul 28, 2009, 10:23 PM
Well, my black feather cracked today while taking it off my phone so that I could clean the phone off like I always try to do every couple of days. :o

I was pretty bumed, but contacted Incipio and they wanted me to email them a picture and said they would then send me out a case to replace it. Pretty cool I think.

Also, for those who care, there are some new "limited colors" for the feather that are now available on their website. 4 different "Neon" colors. Looks like they could be nice. I may order another one just because they really do have great customer service as a lot of people have said. :)

wywern209
Jul 28, 2009, 11:15 PM
pics plz.

ghcmonkey
Jul 28, 2009, 11:35 PM
I like this case a lot, but I don't like how it doesn't cover the chrome. If the edges covered the chrome, I'd say it would be a perfect case

Alexwithad
Jul 29, 2009, 09:34 PM
My black feather should be coming in the mail tomorrow so I'm quite excited. Coming from an iSkin Solo FX case this should take off the added bulk that I did not like :)

PD081
Jul 31, 2009, 06:07 PM
Best case ever.

Perfect compromise between going without a case and having some kind of protection.

emailYasmin
Aug 3, 2009, 09:03 AM
Did you folks find any leather slip case for Incipio feather and iphone 3G combo ?

apporacle
Aug 7, 2009, 03:10 AM
I just got it, and I must say that it is much much better than PowerSupport Air Jacket. I had two PSAJ and they scratch the bezel badly because of the way it is made. The feather gribs the phone perfectly, and the way it is made simply makes it feel like part of the phone. I used to have an Incase Slider, and it scratched the front of the bezel. On top of that I wasnīt crazy about the bulk, until now this the feather is the best case I have had.

jacobgaul
Aug 7, 2009, 10:56 AM
I just got it, and I must say that it is much much better than PowerSupport Air Jacket. I had two PSAJ and they scratch the bezel badly because of the way it is made. The feather gribs the phone perfectly, and the way it is made simply makes it feel like part of the phone. I used to have an Incase Slider, and it scratched the front of the bezel. On top of that I wasnīt crazy about the bulk, until now this the feather is the best case I have had.

what makes it better then the power support? i have the clear one and love it.. no store around me carries the blue feather and id rather try it on the phone before ordering it you know what i mean?

apporacle
Aug 8, 2009, 12:09 AM
what makes it better then the power support? i have the clear one and love it.. no store around me carries the blue feather and id rather try it on the phone before ordering it you know what i mean?

It covers more of the bezel which makes it less loose than the air jacket. It also covers the top, so it just "wraps" the phone better. Because of that you donīt get most of these scratches on the chrome. On top of that the black color doesnīt seem to wear off within a couple of days, which is the case with the air jacket.

SFStateStudent
Aug 8, 2009, 12:42 AM
I've had mine since January '09, and it was a smooth transition from my 3G to my 3GS as my primary case; it actually sits much better, but I've got the War Departments 3GS w/IS, so that's why the bezel sits much higher than usual. Several recommendations to friends and family members and they've also picked up the same case, but in different colors. Best case for looks, feel and scratch free protection. The Incipio Feather Ultra is the thinnest, lightest and the sturdiest case I've owned. Again, this Incipio case is (8) months old, and was a "raffle prize" from MacRumors MacWorld Party in San Francisco, CA....:cool:

jacobgaul
Aug 8, 2009, 10:07 AM
i wish they made this case without the damn words on it grr

Hieu
Aug 8, 2009, 01:51 PM
i wish they made this case without the damn words on it grr

The ones they sell at the att store don't have any words on it. There's a sticker in the middle but you can peel it off.

jacobgaul
Aug 8, 2009, 02:02 PM
do they carry blue in the att stores? thats the color im after

genetic
Aug 8, 2009, 02:08 PM
The ones they sell at the att store don't have any words on it. There's a sticker in the middle but you can peel it off.

you know i ordered my white feather from incipio about a month ago and i got a case without any letters. i guess i got REALLY lucky?

nineohtoo
Aug 8, 2009, 02:22 PM
They need to make a black one without the logo, or make the logo more subtle. I'd fork up good money for a piece of plastic if they can get make one that looks like a black Slider or Air Jacket.

Now, if the logo looks like it will come off with some goof off or some cleaner, I'd be more than happy to pick one up asap.

jacobgaul
Aug 8, 2009, 02:26 PM
i like the my clear power support.. my bezel hasnt scratched yet it looks like the feather feels more like a case then the power support does.. i cant feel my power uspport on the phone so im a bit worried of buying this online sigh why cant stores carry them! radio shack has red (well at least they did in toledo) but the wouldnt let me open it and try it on bc i told them i was looking for a blue one

AreYouIn?
Sep 29, 2009, 09:59 AM
Has anyone trident out the included screen protectors yet? I ordered 2 feathers online for the phones we are getting in month or so. They were on sale for 10 bucks each. I'm just wondering if I need to buy another brand of screen protectors

MacLadybug
Sep 29, 2009, 10:08 AM
Has anyone switched to the Feather from the InCase Slider? Dropped my iPhone and the InCase Slider kept it from harm but the case is cracked on the corner and I need to replace it. I'm seduced by the thinness, but will it really protect the phone?

bagelche
Sep 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
Has anyone trident out the included screen protectors yet? I ordered 2 feathers online for the phones we are getting in month or so. They were on sale for 10 bucks each. I'm just wondering if I need to buy another brand of screen protectors

Where did you find 'em for $10?

kicko
Sep 29, 2009, 10:13 AM
Has anyone switched to the Feather from the InCase Slider? Dropped my iPhone and the InCase Slider kept it from harm but the case is cracked on the corner and I need to replace it. I'm seduced by the thinness, but will it really protect the phone?

I would not even put the 2 cases in the same group of protection. The feather has no drop protection at all. If you were happy with the slider then i would just get another.

You can also check out rebelscholar.com for same slider protection but better price and more design options.

MacLadybug
Sep 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
I would not even put the 2 cases in the same group of protection. The feather has no drop protection at all. If you were happy with the slider then i would just get another.

You can also check out rebelscholar.com for same slider protection but better price and more design options.

Thanks. You just saved me from making a mistake. That's why I love these threads.

Dakotafan
Sep 29, 2009, 02:09 PM

yes - I used mine for a day and the fingerprints were too much...I prefer the anti glare

Jmacman78
Sep 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
I love the incipio feather and how its almost like not having a case on the phone. I just don't trust myself enough not to drop my phone. I know that it will surely happen the day I have the feather on the phone and I will not be happy. So I rarely use my feather anymore.

wase4711
Sep 29, 2009, 03:29 PM
I apologize if these questions have been answered before..

1. Does this guy actually cover the chrome bezel around the screen, so, if you lay the phone face down, it "elevates" the screen a bit off the table/surface?
2. If you dropped the phone, would this case have ANY protective qualities, or is it so thin, that it would do absolutely nothing to protect the phone?

I just ordered an Isolo fx, and these cases look even tighter!
Just want to make sure they do protect the chrome bezel, and maybe the back case in case of a small drop...

thank you!

AreYouIn?
Sep 29, 2009, 05:37 PM
Where did you find 'em for $10?

Macmall.com Most of the colors are on back order right now but they ship them when they come in.

AreYouIn?
Sep 29, 2009, 05:41 PM
I apologize if these questions have been answered before..

1. Does this guy actually cover the chrome bezel around the screen, so, if you lay the phone face down, it "elevates" the screen a bit off the table/surface?
2. If you dropped the phone, would this case have ANY protective qualities, or is it so thin, that it would do absolutely nothing to protect the phone?

I just ordered an Isolo fx, and these cases look even tighter!
Just want to make sure they do protect the chrome bezel, and maybe the back case in case of a small drop...

thank you!

1. No. If you look at the pictures before you can still see the chrome bezel. It will not protect the chrome if you wanted to lay it on the table.

2. This case is so thin that the only protection it really offers is scratch protection. So if you drop it it will not do much.

AreYouIn?
Sep 29, 2009, 05:42 PM
yes - I used mine for a day and the fingerprints were too much...I prefer the anti glare

Did it have a nainbow effect or anything when looking at it?

mcdj
Sep 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Whatever you do, don't order the orange Feather thinking you'll get a nice vibrant orange case like the product photos. In reality it's a washed out faded orange, like a Big Wheel that's sat out in the sun since 1978.

AreYouIn?
Oct 3, 2009, 10:27 AM
Love this case, very minimal bulk feels like theres no case on it. Enjoy the pics!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02632.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02631.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02636.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02641.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/stever82/DSC02640.jpg

I'm just wondering if you can see the apple logo through these cases when you have a white iphone? I really like the case and I bought it in sea foam green. I'm getting my iphone in month and I'm just curious if you can see the logo through it.

Dakotafan
Oct 4, 2009, 05:26 PM
Did it have a nainbow effect or anything when looking at it?

didn't notice that

LazersGoPEWPEW
Oct 5, 2009, 09:44 AM
I have the neon orange Incipio feather. I coupled it with a BSE front. Works pretty well. I do have a little stain on it that I haven't really tried to get rid of but I don't know how it got there either.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it because it adds no bulk to the overall phone.

UrFatMom
Oct 5, 2009, 12:39 PM
Does the white feather get dirty?? Can anyone clarify...

I REALLLLLY like the pearl white incipio feather. Problem is, it is more like grayish-beige now after 2 months of use hehe. But still if I had to buy another one, it would be this one. In love with it!