PDA

View Full Version : teLL Me WhAt yOu ThInK!!

jdizzel
Feb 9, 2004, 10:22 AM
Hey guys,

Me and a friend of mines did this website for www.strongarmentertainment.com. We used Dreamweaver and Flash. It's our first major gig!! Tell us what you think and if anything should've been done differently!

Thanks!!

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2004, 10:26 AM
PlEaSe StOp PoStInG tHe SaMe ThInG! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59733) :p :D oNcE iS eNoUgH!

edit: I'm an idiot, ignore this post, see bellow -->

Spizzo
Feb 9, 2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
PlEaSe StOp PoStInG tHe SaMe ThInG! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59733) :p :D oNcE iS eNoUgH!

While technically they were two different posts, it all could have been included in the same post. ;)

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Spizzo
While technically they were two different posts, it all could have been included in the same post. ;)
Actually you're right :eek: I withdraw my last statement :eek: :D I should have read them both better...meh, what can you do with people eh? :p :)

jdizzel
Feb 9, 2004, 10:36 AM
Sorry if I offended anyone. I was looking for 2 different imputs. One for Webdesign and One for Music. If I had put all in the same thread, Then I would only get one imput. I am only looking for honest feedback. Thanks!

Counterfit
Feb 9, 2004, 10:41 AM
I have a suggestion. StOp UsInG RandOm CaPitAlIZatIon. It GetS ReAllY AnNoYiNg.

jdizzel
Feb 9, 2004, 10:57 AM
The only reason I used random caps is because I like the way it looks. I only used it in the subject field and besides, I didn't use it on the site. Once again, I am just looking for feedback from my friends in the mac world!

MorganX
Feb 9, 2004, 11:16 AM
Good ideas.

Just a quickie, when you click on artist, it's not visually obvious that a new menu of names opens above the main menu. The center of the page is blank. I would look into that.

On the bios, you can open and close (or shrink to a toolbar) the text. For what? To use bandwidth? Why would you want to close the text, the photos are generic busy posters. I see no reason for this at all.

Optimize. Even on broadband the animation is slow.

Simplify what you have and it'll be cool.

jdizzel
Feb 9, 2004, 11:25 AM
alright thanks! I actually changed the bio section lastnight. Orginally you were not able to move the boxes or anything like that. I think your right, I will put it back to its orginal later.

Thank you for your imput, it's greatly appreciated!!!

gwuMACaddict
Feb 9, 2004, 11:47 AM
i have less than no idea about who ANY of those people are... but its a cool site :D

jeremy.king
Feb 10, 2004, 01:28 PM
Personally, I'm a believer in offering your users alternatives. I don't like the fact that their is no HTML alternative to the site.

Looks good though.

CmdrLaForge
Feb 10, 2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by jdizzel
The only reason I used random caps is because I like the way it looks. I only used it in the subject field and besides, I didn't use it on the site. Once again, I am just looking for feedback from my friends in the mac world!
ThAnKs FoR StOpInG using random caps. And your site is great ! Very good work. Its a kind of art.

And btw I have no idea what the site is about.

jdizzel
Feb 10, 2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks!

I realize that most people don't know what the site is all about, so I will update it that info. Thanks for imput bro!!!