teLL Me WhAt yOu ThInK!!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by jdizzel, Feb 9, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Me and a friend of mines did this website for www.strongarmentertainment.com. We used Dreamweaver and Flash. It's our first major gig!! Tell us what you think and if anything should've been done differently!

Thanks!!

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

PlEaSe StOp PoStInG tHe SaMe ThInG! :p :D oNcE iS eNoUgH!

edit: I'm an idiot, ignore this post, see bellow -->

3. macrumors 6502

While technically they were two different posts, it all could have been included in the same post. ;)

4. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Actually you're right :eek: I withdraw my last statement :eek: :D I should have read them both better...meh, what can you do with people eh? :p :)

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was looking for 2 different imputs. One for Webdesign and One for Music. If I had put all in the same thread, Then I would only get one imput. I am only looking for honest feedback. Thanks!

6. macrumors G3

Counterfit

I have a suggestion. StOp UsInG RandOm CaPitAlIZatIon. It GetS ReAllY AnNoYiNg.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

The only reason I used random caps is because I like the way it looks. I only used it in the subject field and besides, I didn't use it on the site. Once again, I am just looking for feedback from my friends in the mac world!

8. macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Good ideas.

Just a quickie, when you click on artist, it's not visually obvious that a new menu of names opens above the main menu. The center of the page is blank. I would look into that.

On the bios, you can open and close (or shrink to a toolbar) the text. For what? To use bandwidth? Why would you want to close the text, the photos are generic busy posters. I see no reason for this at all.

Optimize. Even on broadband the animation is slow.

Simplify what you have and it'll be cool.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

alright thanks! I actually changed the bio section lastnight. Orginally you were not able to move the boxes or anything like that. I think your right, I will put it back to its orginal later.

Thank you for your imput, it's greatly appreciated!!!

10. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i have less than no idea about who ANY of those people are... but its a cool site :D

11. macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Personally, I'm a believer in offering your users alternatives. I don't like the fact that their is no HTML alternative to the site.

Looks good though.

12. macrumors 68030

CmdrLaForge

ThAnKs FoR StOpInG using random caps. And your site is great ! Very good work. Its a kind of art.

And btw I have no idea what the site is about.

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I realize that most people don't know what the site is all about, so I will update it that info. Thanks for imput bro!!!