PDA

View Full Version : Pixar's next movie: "UP"

ravenvii
Nov 9, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised no one seemed to have posted about this yet. Pixar's next movie is going to be "UP".

From the Academy Award-nominated team of director Pete Docter ("Monsters, Inc."), and co-director Bob Peterson, comes "Up," a comedic adventure taking off May 29th 2009:

Carl Fredricksen spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named Russell) gives him a new lease on life. "Up" takes audiences on a thrilling journey where the unlikely pair encounter wild terrain, unexpected villains and jungle creatures. When seeking adventure next Spring -- look "Up."

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/39281/PC/Uplink

macmike47
Nov 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
Wow, that looks really boring :o

firstapple
Nov 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
I love Pixar's work and creativity. From this trailer I wasn't too interested though. I am sure we will see some more about this in the near future.

GSMiller
Nov 9, 2008, 04:29 PM
The part with the boy scout was hilarious :D

hayduke
Nov 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
C'mon. Totally awesome!

firstapple
Nov 9, 2008, 04:36 PM
The part with the boy scout was hilarious :D

I was somewhat surprised too. At first I was like, "Oh, this will be real good... A old man floating around in a house by himself" :rolleyes:

But that threw a little wrench into the whole thing. I do look forward to more trailers on this one.

Vivid.Inferno
Nov 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
that actually does look kinda cute. I don't think I'd pay to see it in the theater though.

Abstract
Nov 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
Ratatouille looked boring as well, and (I think) it's my favourite Pixar film, mostly due to the fact that it was a really great film with a genuinely good script.

Hopefully this will be really good when you watch it. :)

iJohnHenry
Nov 9, 2008, 06:38 PM
I was looking for the kid's apples, ;), but he must have dropped them on take-off. :D

Nov 9, 2008, 06:39 PM
Like Abstract, many of their latest movies seemed kind of boring from trailers, but once you actually saw it, you were blown away by how great they were. Ratatouille and Wall-e are probably some of my favorite Pixar movies. This movie will likely follow the trend and be great once you actually see it.

rdowns
Nov 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't bet against a Pixar film.

Nice to see John McCain get back up on the horse after losing last week. :D

Schtumple
Nov 9, 2008, 08:35 PM
See how this one pans out, doesn't look amazing, but, you never can tell with these guys, they're now out of their original scripts and ideas (wall*e being the last one left), so let's see where they want to go,

I hope to dear god it's not going to be the bog standard 3 act paradigm film that the others have been, but without the cool memorable characters, hopefully there will be some amazing script work that'll tie it all together.

PeterQC
Nov 9, 2008, 09:22 PM
Need more toys story. Who's with me?

Chappers
Nov 10, 2008, 07:14 AM
Need more toys story. Who's with me?

Well Wiki is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_story_3 - I hope that doesn't go bad on us.

iGary
Nov 10, 2008, 07:14 AM
Looks fantastic.

JNB
Nov 10, 2008, 07:15 AM
Regardless, it'll be technically brilliant, and the story will be complete and well-rounded. What Pixar film isn't?

Abstract
Nov 10, 2008, 07:56 AM
....and the story will be complete and well-rounded. What Pixar film isn't?

Cars. I enjoyed the very end, although I'm not sure if that's because I really liked it, or because I was glad it was over. ;)

Melrose
Nov 10, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cars wasn't their best outing, no.. Finding Nemo was their crowning achievement I think - it's like it all came together for one film.

The first trailer for the last few Pixar movies haven't been that inspiring but generally by the time they've released a few it's starting to look pretty good and want to see it.

I'm sure this will be the same. Pixar wouldn't produce a movie that was boring - they know what their winning strategy is (after how many Oscars and awards?) I don't think they're likely to mess up now.

isethx
Nov 10, 2008, 11:36 AM
looks good!

XianPalin
Nov 10, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm sure it'll be more interesting than what the trailer leads to, most people probably think it might be kind of boring with just the old guy, but they're not going to make all those other movies and then make a completely lame movie. Whatever the case, I think it looks interesting :)

Evangelion
Nov 11, 2008, 01:31 AM
When I hear of a movie called "UP", I think of this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075376/)...

themoonisdown09
Nov 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
Looks like it has potential to be a good movie. I guess we won't know until the movie comes out.