Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Barclay's Ben Reitzes safely predicts that Apple will offer Black Friday sales this year, including $100 price reductions on "at least a few Mac models". Apple has regularly participated in sales on the day after Thanksgiving ("Black Friday") for at least the past 5 years. This year's Black Friday falls on November 28th.

Price drops of up to $101 have been common, but only on select Mac models. Our historical pricing guide page indicates that both the MacBook and iMac were discounted by up to $101 in the past two years.

Apple's Black Friday sales are available at retail locations, as well as in their online store. The best deals for 2007, however, came from 3rd party retailers such as MacMall and Amazon. High-end MacBook Pros received discounts as high as $300 ($150 instant, $150 mail in rebate). A full list of 2007 sales can be seen here.

Article Link: Apple Likely to Offer Black Friday Sales

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
A few mac mini's would make perfect holiday stocking stuffers if only they were updated for this season.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Apple Store retail discounts are nice since you can walk in and out.

MacMall/Amazon don't charge sales tax for many states, so that makes a big diff too. (Apple online store does charge sales tax for all states).

arn

o9ski

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
NYC
Some discounted baseball hats and plastic bags with fancy Apple logos in apple style.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
We don't get Black Friday here in the UK.

The traditional time for sales is immediately after Xmas, on Boxing Day, or New Year's Day leading into the first week of January. Almost every retailer participates...

...except one that I can't quite pin my finger on, some computer manufacturer based in Cupertino. Killjoys. :(

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
That list doesn't reflect the deals you get online.. Selected refurbs and 3rd party items had significant discounts. 2 years ago I picked up some nice speakers for $18 and last year i got a Mac mini for $464. (The Mac mini refurbs were sold out a couple hours later.)

HaGG

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
I reckon it will be quite similar to last year direct from Apple, iMac because of upcoming refresh and the majority of ipods. Just a guess ;)

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota

The traditional time for sales is immediately after Xmas, on Boxing Day, or New Year's Day leading into the first week of January. Almost every retailer participates...

...except one that I can't quite pin my finger on, some computer manufacturer based in Cupertino. Killjoys. :(

What you talking about? ;)

Apple One Day Sale for Europe and Australia

I remember that year because I bought my first Core2Duo MacBook on Black friday in the US, and remembered the other news later in the month.

And...

International 'Ready. Set. Shop.' Apple Sale

image.php

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Barclay's Ben Reitzes safely predicts that Apple will offer Black Friday sales this year, including $100 price reductions on "at least a few Mac models".
If it's $100 off MacBook Pros and Mac Pros, that works out to less than sales tax in most states. Apple would have to offer at least 10% off to get some consideration, though 20%+ would get people running in.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
What you talking about? ;)

I stand corrected. Yay Apple. :D

We don't get Black Friday across other retailers, then. ;)

Unfortunately, there's nothing that Apple are currently producing that I want. Nothing. Hear that, Steve? Nothing.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I am interested to see what Apple has coming for this Black Friday (as well as other retailers). In these economic times, it almost seems like we will be seeing some great deals in order to just get people out to buy some things.

I am glad in my office we get Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving, that way I can get my shopping in on Friday!

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
$100 off a MacBook Pro is an insult. Sure, it's something, but come on.. for Black Friday, that's an insult. I scored a Sharp Aquos 46" LCD TV last Black Friday for $1400. Original price? $2400!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Wirelessly posted (my blackberry pearl: BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

The black Fri sales are excluded from the education discounts, correct?

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008

what is Boxing day?

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (my blackberry pearl: BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

The black Fri sales are excluded from the education discounts, correct?

Apple recently reduced the education discounts, so I hope not!

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I can't wait to see what kinds of discounts Apple offers. Even if it's not much, I still find it very exciting. It's the official start of the holiday season! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.