Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laptop Guy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2008
Maybe instead of the $100 off, they could offer a computer + ipod deal on Black Friday to get people to come in, just like the back to school promo. I'd be more excited about that than $100 off.

why not offer both?????:D

I'd prefer to have a free entry level iPod touch with the purchase of a macbook, something like that.:rolleyes:

therealdt

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2008
northeast region
I'm holding until that day, then I'll either go the refurb route or try my luck on ebay. They way the US economy is looking 101 off is not enough for a 'fencesitter' to drop the bucks not knowing if they'll have a job next year. I'm thinking it's going to be an extra special Black Friday.

vermonter16

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2008
This will be my first Apple purchase. I've made the decision not to upgrade my current Windows system and to purchase an imac. I'm also playing with the idea of getting an ipod but I don't necessarily need an ipod. If Apple offered free ipods with a purchase - that would be cool! If they offer nothing significant I may just wait until next year because this purchase is taking almost all my xmas money.

therealdt

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2008
northeast region
This will be my first Apple purchase. I've made the decision not to upgrade my current Windows system and to purchase an imac. I'm also playing with the idea of getting an ipod but I don't necessarily need an ipod. If Apple offered free ipods with a purchase - that would be cool! If they offer nothing significant I may just wait until next year because this purchase is taking almost all my xmas money.

Are you from Vermont? If so check out Small Dog.

robertsm99

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
Maybe instead of the $100 off, they could offer a computer + ipod deal on Black Friday to get people to come in, just like the back to school promo. I'd be more excited about that than $100 off.

That would be awesome and what I'm hoping for instead of that stupid $100 printer rebate option. How many printers does someone need? They need to have a good promo for the holidays to get people to buy computers with the way the economy is and people not wanting to buy lots of stuff.

andymodem

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Have to remember to check their online store. Need to figure out if it will be cheaper to get it online at the federal employee store on black friday, or just pick one up on base tax-free. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.