PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best program for audio editing? Help!

clovis
Nov 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
I have audacity but im looking for something that will help me maximize the volume of a song and and monitor levels and such. Kinda of like a poor man waves L2 Maximizer, or any program that u can work wit audio.

mind u that i do have protools and logic. is there something on there that would work as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Telp
Nov 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
I am not totally sure what you are looking for, but take a look at sound studio. Not sure if its any help but its a nice little audio program.

clovis
Nov 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
thanks, umm i guess what i am looking for is a mastering program maybe, anything that i can edit mixdowns with so i can tweak em and polish them

MowingDevil
Nov 13, 2008, 07:08 PM
You probably want some kind of plug-in package by the sounds of it. For a mastering/audio editing program I use BIAS Peak, its great. Its actually on sale this month from an email I received from them ($600 off the normal price) for $299. Thats for the full Pro XT package. I'm sure you can get the LE version even cheaper.

clovis
Nov 13, 2008, 08:25 PM
thanks man ill check into it

zimv20
Nov 14, 2008, 09:06 AM
looking for something that will help me maximize the volume of a song

if it's for release, best to have it done professionally. if it's for personal listening, forget the number crunching and just turn up your volume knob.