Whats the best program for audio editing? Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by clovis, Nov 13, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I have audacity but im looking for something that will help me maximize the volume of a song and and monitor levels and such. Kinda of like a poor man waves L2 Maximizer, or any program that u can work wit audio.

mind u that i do have protools and logic. is there something on there that would work as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. macrumors 68040

Telp

I am not totally sure what you are looking for, but take a look at sound studio. Not sure if its any help but its a nice little audio program.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, umm i guess what i am looking for is a mastering program maybe, anything that i can edit mixdowns with so i can tweak em and polish them

4. macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

You probably want some kind of plug-in package by the sounds of it. For a mastering/audio editing program I use BIAS Peak, its great. Its actually on sale this month from an email I received from them ($600 off the normal price) for $299. Thats for the full Pro XT package. I'm sure you can get the LE version even cheaper.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks man ill check into it

6. macrumors 601

zimv20

if it's for release, best to have it done professionally. if it's for personal listening, forget the number crunching and just turn up your volume knob.