PDA

View Full Version : Is the ibook good for my surfing needs

therealdt
Nov 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
I've been thinking of going refurb for a MB, or even a MBP. My needs are surfing, itunes, i run firefox, and occasional blogging. What would be the best route shell out 849-1,349 for more than what I need, or stay frugal.

I have limited experience with the MB, I dabble with FCP, other than that I've been a PC.

Thanks

OrangeSVTguy
Nov 14, 2008, 02:02 PM
A late iBook G4 would suit your surfing needs perfectly. I'd get the 12" 1.33ghz model unless you want a 14" as those came with a 1.42ghz processor. But if you need some power, a Macbook or MBP would suit you better. But for $300 can get you a nice iBook that is just fine for surfing/blogging.

soberbrain
Nov 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
My girlfriend loved her 12" iBook and she had similar requirements as you. But when it broke, we got her a refurb white MacBook. We thought of spending a few hundred on an iBook, but a MacBook is more power for the money, and seems like a better investment.

NewMacbookPlz
Nov 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
Def look at the >1ghz models with >512MB ram...

I have/had an 800mhz/640MB RAM G4 iBook, and it became VERY slow with internet browsing, especially when there was complicated embedded Flash or videos.