PDA

View Full Version : Error message with AppleTV

downingp
Nov 14, 2008, 04:41 PM
Has anyone seen this error message before? My AppleTV seems to lose the wireless connection pretty easily. When I try to sync my AppleTV I will get this error message. I have had my AppleTV for a little while now and have never seen this message before. I don't think I have any firewalls setup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/downingp/Picture2.png

any thoughts? thanks.

Kilamite
Nov 14, 2008, 04:44 PM
What router are you using? Wireless? If so, try changing the network channel. It is possible that your neighbour has bought a wireless router and it is operating on the same channel and causing interference.

I had trouble finding a wireless channel that my Apple TV and MacBook Pro along with some PC's all worked.

downingp
Nov 14, 2008, 04:46 PM
I am using an Airport Extreme as a wireless network in my home. My internet has been acting up lately too. I called my internet provider and they said everything was fine on their end.

Kilamite
Nov 14, 2008, 04:47 PM
Well did you try what I suggested with the wireless channel?

downingp
Nov 14, 2008, 04:48 PM
I am looking into changing the channel now. The channel is set to automatic and is on channel 9. does it matter which channel I use?

Kilamite
Nov 14, 2008, 05:04 PM
I am looking into changing the channel now. The channel is set to automatic and is on channel 9. does it matter which channel I use?

Well, different channels are prone to interference depending on what else is in the surroundings. As I said, if your neighbour has a new wireless router and it is transmitting on channel 9, it'll cause interference and problems.

Try channel 11.